Flush tomorrow or in 2 weeks

gaggrouper

I've gotta leave for the holidays...here is my budding plant. I have no experience and no magnifying device.

The small bud pics are the outter buds/smaller. Should I start the flush tomorrow so I can chop down next Friday before I leave or should I just wait for 2 more weeks before I flush which would put the harvest 2.5-3 weeks out from today?

Thanks.

1214170056b.jpg

1214170056f.jpg

1214171014.jpg
1214171014a.jpg

I agree with the majority. A ton of white pistils and the buds look pretty fluffy. Heck of a grow for being inexperienced. I'd hate for you to get this far and do this well and harvest early. I think you are way early. I think you have at least 2 more weeks of flowering then can flush. If you aren't going to invest in a jeweler's loupe, then I'd go with higherthenhigh's comment and wait until at least 70% to 80% of your pistils are red/brown. I personally go 100% and will still have a lot of clear trichomes when magnified. I do have a follow up question though: do you know the strain or is it random bag seed? I ask because some strains are harvested before most of the pistils are red.

I agree with the majority. A ton of white pistils and the buds look pretty fluffy. Heck of a grow for being inexperienced. I'd hate for you to get this far and do this well and harvest early. I think you are way early. I think you have at least 2 more weeks of flowering then can flush. If you aren't going to invest in a jeweler's loupe, then I'd go with higherthenhigh's comment and wait until at least 70% to 80% of your pistils are red/brown. I personally go 100% and will still have a lot of clear trichomes when magnified. I do have a follow up question though: do you know the strain or is it random bag seed? I ask because some strains are harvested before most of the pistils are red.
Totally. 70-80% of the hairs changing colour and retracting is a great sign. In my limited experience, every time I've seen pictures of all the pistols having changed, the cloudiness of the trichomes is gone and you are into more Amber than desired. That being said, some people prefer the Amber now , with the discoveries of CBD content being increased.

Totally. 70-80% of the hairs changing colour and retracting is a great sign. In my limited experience, every time I've seen pictures of all the pistols having changed, the cloudiness of the trichomes is gone and you are into more Amber than desired. That being said, some people prefer the Amber now , with the discoveries of CBD content being increased.

If you're looking for cbd then harvest should be clear/cloudy trics. As it ambers up it's moving towards cbn

If you're looking for cbd then harvest should be clear/cloudy trics. As it ambers up it's moving towards cbn
Truth be told, the only one of the CB cannabinoids that have been proven to increase due to harvest time and technique is CBN. CBD is only able to be increased by choosing a high CBD strain. Want high THC, harvest at cloudy with slight ambers........

Yes that is correct, I was just correcting "That being said, some people prefer the Amber now , with the discoveries of CBD content being increased."

When in fact amber trics are not indicative of CBD but rather CBN. So if you happen to have a higher CBD strain, like I'm growing now, you probably don't want to wait until you see amber trics to harvest.

Yes that is correct, I was just correcting "That being said, some people prefer the Amber now , with the discoveries of CBD content being increased."

When in fact amber trics are not indicative of CBD but rather CBN. So if you happen to have a higher CBD strain, like I'm growing now, you probably don't want to wait until you see amber trics to harvest.
Same with me. My kings kush, I do notice that she's not got aroma at all like the standard THC rich plants . Almost lemony if I had to put some familiarity to it.....WILD!

Thanks. That helps my other plant out that won't flower have more room.

I hope you weren't expecting just the one answer :blunt:

"What kind of plant is it and how long has it been flowering?" would narrow it down a bit. I still think in two week time it will be closer to harvest than an additional two weeks of flushing, but I'm pretty new to this.

Back
Top Bottom