From R-DWC To Silver Haze On Soil 2nd Grow

Looking gooooood mate! Thanks for the invitation!
It's simple and cheap system but will test it out hopefully tomorrow, it gets so much work watering 12 plants through the bush bush.
Ordered a second timer that can turn on multiple times a day.. what would you consider the best timing to water them?
This system:
I am unsure with soil especially but a way to check could be to run it and time to the point of saturation then see how long before it needs another waterering maybe. It can depend on the soils water holding ability too. If was coco , i would feed twice a day to run off as it would go through quickly and is basically hydro. but soil is an enigma still at present. maybe @Emilya can offer better advice if she has time. She is a soil guru mate. sorry cant help with this one. maybe @ProfessorFlora too another guru along with @InTheShed hope the subs ok guys but need some advice we can trust here. ??

The best time to water plants in soil is when they're dry. Days between watering, not hours. Cannabis plants want a wet/dry cycle to grow best.

Lift the pots, check the weight, feel the bottoms (in cloth pots), watch the leaves. Watering will become more frequent as the roots fill the pot, and even more frequent as they start flowering. Never water soil or ProMix on a schedule. That works for coco and hempy (hydro).

The best time to water plants in soil is when they're dry. Days between watering, not hours. Cannabis plants want a wet/dry cycle to grow best.

Lift the pots, check the weight, feel the bottoms (in cloth pots), watch the leaves. Watering will become more frequent as the roots fill the pot, and even more frequent as they start flowering. Never water soil or ProMix on a schedule. That works for coco and hempy (hydro).
Thank you shed. a brilliant explained example of why I had to sub you in. Thanks and i will use this as a guide for my future soil attempt too. time to lose the irrational fear of the most basic and mess free medium. lol

Thanks! Will just use the auto system it for easy watering instead of going through the bush bush and maybe sometimes when I'm gone for a weekend with my gf.

So yesterday I did a big haircut defol on the ladies at day 20 in flower

Here the before and after pics:
IMG_20190802_014431.jpg
IMG_20190801_233503.jpg
IMG_20190801_224738.jpg
IMG_20190801_224730.jpg
IMG_20190801_224722.jpg
IMG_20190801_224709.jpg
IMG_20190730_213929.jpg
IMG_20190730_213915.jpg

Look at all of those buds! Hey Pete. Looks like I got here a little late in regards to the soil question. I'd have to disagree with Shed on the plants needing a wet and dry cycle in soil. However, it's much safer to water that way as it's tried and tested and relatively easy to do. You can water them with very little more often though but it's a little tricky to know when to water. It's easy to overwater (or underwater) plants with this method. I was going to do a recirculating soil grow using drippers to water my plants but have since changed my mind and gone with soil and sand. It's so sandy that it requires a slightly different watering method to normal soil growing and feels unique. I don't have the harvest results yet though so don't go running to the nearest beach lol....in fact, don't use beach sand full stop. Apologies, I'm rambling. Anyway what ever you're doing it is definitely working as your garden looks amazing. Count me in from here on out. Pleased to meet you Peter

P.S. I can't see what the irrigation system looks like as the pics don't load up in the uk for some reason
:passitleft:

I don't mean dry like desert, but from all the research I've done, roots grow best in search of water.

Allowing the soil to dry also keeps fungus and fungus gnats at bay.
Yep. I completely agree with you. I don't have a source because I can't remember where I read it (sorry) but if you can give your plants just enough water to adequately feed them but not enough to saturate the pot then there is more oxygen at the root zone. I'll try and find out what I'm on about because I realise that my argument is weak lol

looking good peter and coming along nicely. Baseball bats buds on order .lol.
Whappen to shed and prof. on the watering ting , read a post from emilya today about using a probe properly in soil and something she said really made me kick myself for not thinking along these lines. , she explained about soil being watered and creating a water table that is seperate from the soil in the pots base. the layer between them creates a diaphragm that sucks air in as it is used up. once it drops too low then you water again to raise the table again. This was if using a moisture meter and the readings from " moist-wet" being where the table sits as you push the probe in further to find it. this avoids having to lift for weighing/watering and would be of use with so many plants like here. A lot of probing though !. sorry for the ramble but the water table thing explained a lot in a few sentences about watering for me. I am unsure of a way round not over watering with an automatic watering system.

Look at all of those buds! Hey Pete. Looks like I got here a little late in regards to the soil question. I'd have to disagree with Shed on the plants needing a wet and dry cycle in soil. However, it's much safer to water that way as it's tried and tested and relatively easy to do. You can water them with very little more often though but it's a little tricky to know when to water. It's easy to overwater (or underwater) plants with this method. I was going to do a recirculating soil grow using drippers to water my plants but have since changed my mind and gone with soil and sand. It's so sandy that it requires a slightly different watering method to normal soil growing and feels unique. I don't have the harvest results yet though so don't go running to the nearest beach lol....in fact, don't use beach sand full stop. Apologies, I'm rambling. Anyway what ever you're doing it is definitely working as your garden looks amazing. Count me in from here on out. Pleased to meet you Peter

P.S. I can't see what the irrigation system looks like as the pics don't load up in the uk for some reason
:passitleft:
Thanks man! Lucky to have you here!
I think its easier and much faster to turn on the pump and water them, and if I'm gone for a weekend somewhere then I can do it on the timer. This is the system, really cheap €36 euros

Attachments

• b_42630.jpg
    b_42630.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 48
looking good peter and coming along nicely. Baseball bats buds on order .lol.
Whappen to shed and prof. on the watering ting , read a post from emilya today about using a probe properly in soil and something she said really made me kick myself for not thinking along these lines. , she explained about soil being watered and creating a water table that is seperate from the soil in the pots base. the layer between them creates a diaphragm that sucks air in as it is used up. once it drops too low then you water again to raise the table again. This was if using a moisture meter and the readings from " moist-wet" being where the table sits as you push the probe in further to find it. this avoids having to lift for weighing/watering and would be of use with so many plants like here. A lot of probing though !. sorry for the ramble but the water table thing explained a lot in a few sentences about watering for me. I am unsure of a way round not over watering with an automatic watering system.
Thanks, I'm going to install it right now and will keep you updated with some pics when it's done.
To be honest it's also a bit of laziness to water 12 plants seperately and sometimes hard to get in there with a cup of water lol

Just installed the dripsystem and it makes watering much easier. So for now I'll turn on the pump and put one hose and measure how much water going in and stop on the right amount. Works great for me and no more struggling to get in there with watering 12 plants.
IMG_20190804_221647.jpg
IMG_20190804_221607.jpg
IMG_20190804_212824.jpg
IMG_20190804_212752.jpg
IMG_20190804_212736.jpg
IMG_20190804_212838.jpg

Flower day 25:D and it's such an easy growing strain for a haze! No defficienciess at all, they can stand temps above 30C. And so many budsites showing after the big defol, also good light penetration to lower budsites altough I did lollipop them 30%.. I made a mistake on my first grow on here and had lots of fluffy shit what went in a spacecake lol.
Watering system works btw just fine for my lazy ass :thumb: and can set timer if needed.
Hope this will grow out to nice long cola's.
IMG_20190805_193031.jpg
IMG_20190805_192950.jpg
IMG_20190805_192929.jpg

Flower day 25:D and it's such an easy growing strain for a haze! No defficienciess at all, they can stand temps above 30C. And so many budsites showing after the big defol, also good light penetration to lower budsites altough I did lollipop them 30%.. I made a mistake on my first grow on here and had lots of fluffy shit what went in a spacecake lol.
Watering system works btw just fine for my lazy ass :thumb: and can set timer if needed.
Hope this will grow out to nice long cola's.
IMG_20190805_193031.jpg
IMG_20190805_192950.jpg
IMG_20190805_192929.jpg
Looking good Peter. Lots of buds going on stacking for donkey dick colas. great job.
Glad the system has done the job. How much does it feed or are you unsure still ?. certainly look ok from here.

Looking good Peter. Lots of buds going on stacking for donkey dick colas. great job.
Glad the system has done the job. How much does it feed or are you unsure still ?. certainly look ok from here.
I got it hooked on a timer so will test and measure it exactly so I can stay a weekend out without worrying, but for now it's easy to just flip it on and see all 12 get water feed.
Super cheap in total !

Looking really good Peter and loving that defol. I think what you say about the haze having no issues with the high temperatures is similar to what I’ve seen in the Sorbet Dream I grew this summer. The tall sativa didn’t show any signs the heat was getting to it, even really close to the lights yet some of the indicas in cooler parts of the tent suffered. Maybe sativas are the way to go during summer if heat is a problem?

Looking really good Peter and loving that defol. I think what you say about the haze having no issues with the high temperatures is similar to what I’ve seen in the Sorbet Dream I grew this summer. The tall sativa didn’t show any signs the heat was getting to it, even really close to the lights yet some of the indicas in cooler parts of the tent suffered. Maybe sativas are the way to go during summer if heat is a problem?
Thanks!
Yes maybe they are, good one!
I noticed a really big difference between the critical on leaf growth being a real indica and these are much less crowded, leafy and bushy.
I think I prefer the sativa over indica as it gives alot less work during the grow with trimming. But it also has to do with the scrog from last grow and now totally different approach.
But hey it keeps things excited!

Back
Top Bottom