Fuzznutter's Organic Photos & Autos: Take 1

re: Fuzznutter's Organic Photos & Autos - Take 1

Day 6
20161001_063552.jpg

Special Queen on the far left. Skunk Haze (1) in the middle and Skunk Haze (2) on the far right.

I'm going to have to stay on my toes with watering this soil mix the seedlings are in. It drains well but dries out fast. This morning I gave the seedlings more water with 1/8 teaspoon aloe per quart of water. Obviously they didn't need a whole quart so I gave the extra water to outdoor plants.

I've been bubbling plain water in this old crock I used to use for kombucha.

2016-10-01_06_55_50.jpg

After I took this picture the sprouting trays and juicer caught my eye. I realized I should have juiced the sprouts yesterday instead of using the blender! Doh! Next time I'm going to do that instead. I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.

......Now it's kind of irking me and I'm considering doing a new batch of sprouts and giving the old ones to outdoor plants. Yeah, I'm going to do that. It's not like a couple tablespoons of sprouting seeds cost a fortune and I have plenty of time before I need them for the plants.

Bubbling is a great way to make sure the water is super saturated, it holds the most o2 @ 68°f . This also prevents symptoms of overwatering, I do it every watering on every grow. Great plan.

Bubbling is a great way to make sure the water is super saturated, it holds the most o2 @ 68°f . This also prevents symptoms of overwatering, I do it every watering on every grow. Great plan.

Cool, I didn't know that! I have no clue what the water temp is but I have central heating and air and my room temps are always between 69 and 74 degrees F. That should keep the water cool enough to still be effective, even if not ideal.

:passitleft:

Was Just a comment, mine is never 68°. I asked an old grower how he got his plants so big by day 14 and 21 and so on (these were auto strains) in soil less media? He said that was it and nutes from day one and o2 saturated water albeit at a reduced ppm. :high-five:

Here is an example of what I was referencing Plant Size>pot and o2 saturation growth. Not my grow, he did em in #1 pots (DinaFem Bubba Kush). Hope you dont mind the photo.

DinaFem_Bubba_Kush_.jpg

Here is an example of what I was referencing Plant Size>pot and o2 saturation growth. Not my grow, he did em in #1 pots (DinaFem Bubba Kush). Hope you dont mind the photo.

DinaFem_Bubba_Kush_.jpg

I don't mind at all. That's crazy! I've had large plants like that in little Hempy buckets, but I don't expect anything like that in soil. Well, at least I didn't until now. I'm gonna go have a talk with my girls and explain my new expectations to them. :blalol:

Thats cool. have done Hempys myself, I have 2 5day seedlings in 3 liter tupperware lol "KISS" works Grande :wood:.. Do you hempy in coco or perlite?

Thats cool. have done Hempys myself, I have 2 5day seedlings in 3 liter tupperware lol "KISS" works Grande :wood:.. Do you hempy in coco or perlite?

I like KISS. I have some limitations to my physical abilities so simple is the difference between something or nothing for me. That's why I 'm trying organic soil this time. All the pHing and mixing nutrients is a lot of work (for me) on a frequent basis with Hempy (I used perlite). I need something that will be a little less work long term and more forgiving of mistakes should I just have a bad day.

What strains are your babies? Do you have a journal? I'd love to read about them.

Its raining its pouring:nomo:

So I reread your posts and didn't see any one reply about topping and lst. I top autos, no reason not to? It allows more light to a greater number of tops once lst is done so pretty common now. Topping when you see the 4th node is the generally accepted method Day 14-16 ish I did this at day 12 on pictured plant. Because I am lazy I used super cropping to start controlling the canopy on day 22 but this is a harty strain (DP Automazar 2 for 1 deal so I have lots) YMMV. Also a 5 oz dry harvest pic from a previous plant 1.28gpw (when measuring par watts it's over 2gpw with 1000 ppfd no co2) Again just to answer your questions about autos. I dont smoke so I am lazy with trimming too lol.

Go Autos hahaha :cheer: Dp, dinafem, Sweet seeds, mephisto, fast buds and a few private bred auto strains are all I grow now. This enables a simplified grow space, no light leak worries, only one set of gear, And you can harvest 1/4lb per plant every 60 days if dialed in, more with some genetics.

topped-suppercropped.jpg

Mazar110.jpg

Hab.

Thank you, Habitual! So my plan is off with the fourth node's head, then some gentle LSTing to bring light to lower nodes, and possibly supercropping if absolutely necessary.

I have to admit the more I learn about autos the more I like them. In fact, I have a family member in a newly legalized medical state who I'd like to help set up a grow eventually if the state decides to allow it. I think autos are exactly right for her. She could easily grow enough for herself and sick child and manage it with her busy schedule. We're probably a year or two from that happening so plenty of time for me to get first-hand knowledge and maybe time for a few more high-CBD strains to be made into autos. *fingers crossed*

Oh and for the journal's record, I mixed up the auto's soil today. I made it with the same base as the regulars except a little less perlite. I used 1/4 the amount of amendments except for in the top inch of soil. I filled 4 three-gallon pots but they weren't as filled as I would have liked so I had to make more soil. I was much too tired to drag out the amendments again and calculate such small amounts so it's just plain coir, EWC, perlite, and vermiculite. *shrug* It should be fine.

I just noticed there is not a single smiley face in my post. That's how tired I am. We've been packing and sorting for the big room swap next weekend. We are all using this swap as a chance to get rid of unwanted "stuff". We've already taken an entire car full of stuff to the Salvation Army. I have a truckload of stuff that needs taken to the dump. It's been tough watching my son box up and throw out childhood toys and memories. Necessary, but difficult. I really want this veg/auto closet, but man it sure is a lot of work, physically and emotionally.

Day 7
20161002_064307.jpg

Special Queen #1 on the left, Skunk Haze (1) in the middle and Skunk Haze (2) on the right. Skunk Haze (2) should probably be counted as 6 days since she didn't poke her head up until very late in the first day, which is why she is smaller, but for simplicity we're just gonna keep counting her with the others. In another week or two the partial day difference shouldn't even be noticeable.

I applaud the culling of possessions. The simplification and lightening of the load feel so satisfying once the hard work is done. I need to get busy on my next pick up. I'm at around 50% of what I started with. Another 20-30% to go.

I agree, your soil should be fine with the additions without all the amendments. It's LOS. It's very forgiving.

Check out arteekay's journal for a series of beautifully documented posts on training autos. He and Jay regularly pull six ounces per auto. The man's an auto training genius. It's arteekay I'm trying to emulate in my training technique. When he harvests he does a retrospective on the plant's life, week-by-week. Those posts are the ones you want to search out.

I applaud the culling of possessions. The simplification and lightening of the load feel so satisfying once the hard work is done. I need to get busy on my next pick up. I'm at around 50% of what I started with. Another 20-30% to go.

I agree, your soil should be fine with the additions without all the amendments. It's LOS. It's very forgiving.

Check out arteekay's journal for a series of beautifully documented posts on training autos. He and Jay regularly pull six ounces per auto. The man's an auto training genius. It's arteekay I'm trying to emulate in my training technique. When he harvests he does a retrospective on the plant's life, week-by-week. Those posts are the ones you want to search out.

It does feel good to have less stuff cluttering up rooms. I've been working on a first-pass through my house this year, getting rid of things we don't need and don't use and trying to organize better. I was hoping to be done by the end of the year, but we'll see how that goes. The project might stretch into the beginning of next year. I keep getting side tracked. :laughtwo:

Ooh arteekay takes nice photos! Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely browse his journal more today.

Good aftenoon Fuzznutter :volcano-smiley: Running a few yards and your on the list :cheer: I enjoy reading your post! I can almost feel your enthusiasm.:thumb: I feel your joy for I too feel like a kid in a candy shop! Every time I lQQk in my tent I just give a little giggle :volcano-smiley: Your starting to get a good following :goodjob:, Ole Rooster will be strolling on for now, :peace: with you....

Good aftenoon Fuzznutter :volcano-smiley: Running a few yards and your on the list :cheer: I enjoy reading your post! I can almost feel your enthusiasm.:thumb: I feel your joy for I too feel like a kid in a candy shop! Every time I lQQk in my tent I just give a little giggle :volcano-smiley: Your starting to get a good following :goodjob:, Ole Rooster will be strolling on for now, :peace: with you....

Awww! Thank you Rooster! Let me tell you, the idea of people following my journal leaves me feeling just a tad tickled pink. Not for any reason of ego, but because...hold on, you're making me cry and I need a tissue... I haven't met many nice people in a long time. It's refreshing having good people around to talk with, even if I can't actually see you all. Actually, that works better because then I don't have to change out of my bathrobe. :blalol:

This week I feel less lonely and have some renewed faith in humanity, so thank you. Thank you to all of you! Come on, bring it in for a hug! :hug:

Sorry about getting all sappy and emotional, it happens when I'm overly tired. Obviously I need a nap. :laughtwo:

How is the fishwater working? I remember a friend suggested that to me, the use of "aquaponics" by the way the sliding wall thing you have behind the curtain is really cool, where did you get that from?

Hi Grant!

I haven't tried the fish tank water on the seedlings yet. I think they are still too young to attempt it. I don't want to risk burning them. I'm going to probably start using it around 3 to 4 weeks old. Then I'll use it diluted first and if that goes well ramp up to full strength. I did however water the soil in the 7-gallon pots they'll be transplanted to with the fish tank water. I figured the microbial life in the tank might help jump start life in my pots.

The sliding wall? You mean the folding accordion doors? They came with the house and I've been too lazy to replace them. I imagine you can get them at someplace like Lowes.

Back
Top Bottom