Gloman's First Journal A-Z

Good even weed Gloman, You ask where the dam gnats come form? Well they are a soil born fungus gnat. Larva in the soil you buy is the about the only place they come from in an indoor grow. they are a nuisance for sure and if they get bad enough the larva can really screw with the roots. Putting clean sand on top of the soil helps, they can't get through and diatomaceous earth work pretty good also. put on top of dry soil and it will cut the hell out the gnats as they come out. There are also some drenchs but I don't like doing that unless they are REALLY bad.

I like to buy my mix ahead of time when possible. I then place them in my greenhouse over the summer unopened. You can also place your bags of potting mix into black trash bags and then set them outside over the summer during hot weather. By dinog this you will some what heat sterilize the soil. For small batches you can also place soil spread out on to a cookie sheet into a low oven around 200 degrees. i have done this but my wife wasnt too happy and it does kind of stink up the house. Of course if you just use a Promix type soil with out the guano and worm castings and other what I call heavy organics you won't have near as many of these kinds of problems.
The sun sterilization does cut down on this problem tremendously. I call fruit flys the Turkey Buzzards of the produce business!

Good even weed Gloman, You ask where the dam gnats come form? Well they are a soil born fungus gnat. Larva in the soil you buy is the about the only place they come from in an indoor grow. they are a nuisance for sure and if they get bad enough the larva can really screw with the roots. Putting clean sand on top of the soil helps, they can't get through and diatomaceous earth work pretty good also. put on top of dry soil and it will cut the hell out the gnats as they come out. There are also some drenchs but I don't like doing that unless they are REALLY bad.

I see. I've been lucky up till now I guess. I'll try the diatomacias earth trick since I have some experience using it for bugs. It DOES cut them up bad, & it won't be a problem later unless I breath it.

THANKS BEEMER! I got too much work in these little ladies to ignore a possible problem that may affect their well being. I appreciate it.

I like to buy my mix ahead of time when possible. I then place them in my greenhouse over the summer unopened. You can also place your bags of potting mix into black trash bags and then set them outside over the summer during hot weather. By dinog this you will some what heat sterilize the soil. For small batches you can also place soil spread out on to a cookie sheet into a low oven around 200 degrees. i have done this but my wife wasnt too happy and it does kind of stink up the house. Of course if you just use a Promix type soil with out the guano and worm castings and other what I call heavy organics you won't have near as many of these kinds of problems.
The sun sterilization does cut down on this problem tremendously. I call fruit flys the Turkey Buzzards of the produce business!

THANKS!
I will pick up a pallet of mixed soil for next year & wrap it all up in black plastic.
I've dried sterilized soil in the oven before, & OH BOY! did I get yelled at! I didn't mind the smell, but my girlfriend sure was mad. lmfao!

:Namaste:

Well, my computer crashed since last time, and I've lost my day count. I'll figure it out & resume that soon.
Here's a shot of each, just before watering.
These little ladies are polishing off 2 gallons every other day now. I've been using water from my goldfish tank to do the watering with. They seem to be liking it a LOT!
0071218.JPG
0061289.JPG
0041549.JPG
0021711.JPG
0011712.JPG

I'm having to raise the lights every time I water too. I may have to start chopping them back pretty soon. Or at least taking off some of the fan leaves. This many plants need a LOT more room. Even just for starts.
I'm a happy camper though. I've got BIG, BIG plans to take over the world, & I need a lot of good weed to keep me from going nutty. :rofl:

The one labeled lady has a BB on the cup, but it's not.

:circle-of-love: :peace: :Namaste:

Hi, well, I'm hoping to, but it's not looking very promising. We are getting snow as I type this.
These are all planted in 20oz solo cups, but that still is too small.
I just have to make do until they can go outside.
May consider a pair of hedge sheers before too long. :rofl:

Wow those are getting big. Nicely done Gman. You may have to get some free or cheap 1 gallon pots from a landscaper. Happy Weedsday

OK, right or wrong I had to do something NOW!
These girls have outgrown their enclosure already.
I can't repot them cuz there is only enough room in there for them as they are. In Solo cups.
I only need them to live until I get them outside, then they can get at it.
I hope I didn't screw up too bad, but I took all the largest fan leaves off all the plants.
Watered the heck out of them & cranked the lights down close
The light penetrates to the floor of the grow box again.
I'll post a pic soon as I can

OK, here's some quick pics of their new hair cut. lol
0011716.JPG
0021715.JPG
0031640.JPG
0051469.JPG

He,he,he! Their only a little over 2 weeks old :)

BUTCHER :rofl::rofl: Heck there a weed, granted a weed that we love but never the less a weed. They will be fine. Fast growing little things.

BUTCHER :rofl::rofl: Heck there a weed, granted a weed that we love but never the less a weed. They will be fine. Fast growing little things.

lol Thanks Bee.
Butcher died. He's long gone. gloman took his place. New attitude: Peace, Love, & Hippie Beads. NO, NO, not anal beads!!! :rofl:

Hey Gloman
are them leaves worth saving for medi caps or are they too young to have any thing inside :goodjob: Mate they grow up so fast :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm glad you asked!
As a matter of fact, I just got done smoking a FATTY from just these leaves. I NEVER would have guessed, but this stuff is BOMB! I'm high as a kite & it was only those fan leaves.
I'm saying YES! These are PERFECT for canna caps
.:thumb:

Mate they grow up so fast :cheesygrinsmiley:[/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

BOY OH BOY, YOU'RE SURE RIGHT THERE! I had forgotten just how fast. Last year all I had was two light bulbs to start the girls with, & even then they grew so fast it was nutty.

I'm glad you asked!
As a matter of fact, I just got done smoking a FATTY from just these leaves. I NEVER would have guessed, but this stuff is BOMB! I'm high as a kite & it was only those fan leaves.
I'm saying YES! These are PERFECT for canna caps
.:thumb:

WoW thats good news a little more and I will have some caps of my own

Back in the 70s when I grew I always smoked the fans. Never knew that they were worthless back then. We just smoked them, got stoned, and enjoyed. I freeze mine untill I do hash.

Back in the 70s when I grew I always smoked the fans. Never knew that they were worthless back then. We just smoked them, got stoned, and enjoyed. I freeze mine untill I do hash.

COOL! I'm NOT the only one who believes they have value. When I first tried growing pot, I never even let it grow long enough to bud. We thought we had SOMETHING! Didn't have to go kiss the neighbors ass just to buy an over priced & short bag of GOD knows what.
As I get more collected than I can use, I'll do like you bee, & freeze em.

I was the same way back then. They never made to bud. Good old Gold

Back
Top Bottom