Either way! Come away from the dark side! Put down those ABC hydro chem poop (IMO) and get onto the echo side it's more fun and hella lot more tasty!!

Little update.... prep for tomorrows feed. I will be trying my hand at SST (seed sprout tea) I will be using alfalfa sprouts and corn sprouts.
The alfalfa produces triacantonol and the corn for cytokines. I hope I have that right but in other words growth hormones and enzymes. I'm sure someone will correct me. But either way a real nice boost for the plants! I will be blending them into a pulp with water and added to 20ltrs of water before adding to the girls.

I started the sprouts by soaking the corn for 24 hours and the alfalfa for 12, drained and then put ontop of my fish tank (my make do propergator mat) with clingfilm over the top then covered with a towel for darkness. I then rinse them everyone 24 hours. And sure thing in no time I have a load of sprouts these at 48hours old including the soak.

Attachments

• 20200109_165815.jpg
    20200109_165815.jpg
    991.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200109_165821.jpg
    20200109_165821.jpg
    673.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 20200109_170110.jpg
    20200109_170110.jpg
    746.7 KB · Views: 43
So today has been a busy one! Week 4 day 26.
I managed to get a foliar feed in before lights went out earlier today 1ml seaweed, magnecal+,fishmix to 1 ltr water sprayed in the first 15mins of lights off.
Sit lights on it was watering day today I took my seedling sprouts and blended them into 1ltr of rain water. I then put them in my feed bucket along with 20 more ltrs water, 500ml coconut water, 10ml biowetter, 2ml katana roots. Working from the outsides of my pots I started to water I only have a 1ltr watering can which is good as I go over all of them once then go back to the first pot and start again to allow the water to be absorbed rather than straight through the medium. Let's see what the SST comes of! All of the plants have taken super to the LST apart from one which wont stop growing out the end instead of concentrating on the side colars so she got topped today, she wasnt playing ball so had to be taught a lesson! Really good day today moved the lights up a bit to see if I can get the plants to spread out over the weekend so they are more suitable for super crop and my trellis. Let's see how it goes! The leaves I have never seen so green on a plant and super healthy so I must be doing something write! And the annoying thing is one of the plants that was gunna be got rid of is soon becoming my favourite, the structure is awesome!

Attachments

• 20200110_203007.jpg
    20200110_203007.jpg
    873.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 20200110_203423.jpg
    20200110_203423.jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 20200110_204051.jpg
    20200110_204051.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 20200110_232305.jpg
    20200110_232305.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • 20200110_232311.jpg
    20200110_232311.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
  • 20200110_232318.jpg
    20200110_232318.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
  • 20200111_003603.jpg
    20200111_003603.jpg
    1,008 KB · Views: 55
  • 20200111_004309.jpg
    20200111_004309.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
We are starting day 1 of week 5, day 29 still in veg. 400w hps. I have a couple of updates today. Firstly just wow!!!! I lifted the light last week to see if I can get them to start stretching out a little to make it easier for the trellis, which is exactly what they have done. Shooting up and out at the same time!

I'm not sure weather the sprout tea is all the reason but good God these plants have taken off over the weekend double in size some now filling the diameter of the 56ltr pots! Everyone last plant has more than 5 main colars one has 9!

There is only one that seems to be falling behind some what so I have moved her around to see if it is a lighting issue.

These plants have really really upped there game I best get there trelis built!!
I'm not doing anything today apart from a little trimming I mean little! Some ticking and folding of collars and that's about it today. I'm still in shock! Wow!

I have on route 2x metal halide bulbs for veg and 2 hps specifically for flowering. I'm not sure how I feel about this dual spectrum i have atm. I also ordered 2 adjust a wing reflectors due to having difficulty with spreading the light evenly.

Attachments

• 20200113_211021.jpg
    20200113_211021.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 44
  • 1578950697206631203586215746683.jpg
    1578950697206631203586215746683.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
  • 1578950708923236803112287056742.jpg
    1578950708923236803112287056742.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
  • 15789507232356332581037160076199.jpg
    15789507232356332581037160076199.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
I also went to the beach yesterday and grabbed myself some seaweed. Brought it home and rinsed it with some rain water. Today I have blended it up into a pulp and spread it all over my pots. Its gotta be good some something!

Attachments

• 15789516068526553839291044885038.jpg
    15789516068526553839291044885038.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • 20200113_213709.jpg
    20200113_213709.jpg
    929.8 KB · Views: 38
We are starting day 1 of week 5, day 29 still in veg. 400w hps. I have a couple of updates today. Firstly just wow!!!! I lifted the light last week to see if I can get them to start stretching out a little to make it easier for the trellis, which is exactly what they have done. Shooting up and out at the same time!

I'm not sure weather the sprout tea is all the reason but good God these plants have taken off over the weekend double in size some now filling the diameter of the 56ltr pots! Everyone last plant has more than 5 main colars one has 9!

There is only one that seems to be falling behind some what so I have moved her around to see if it is a lighting issue.

These plants have really really upped there game I best get there trelis built!!
I'm not doing anything today apart from a little trimming I mean little! Some ticking and folding of collars and that's about it today. I'm still in shock! Wow!

I have on route 2x metal halide bulbs for veg and 2 hps specifically for flowering. I'm not sure how I feel about this dual spectrum i have atm. I also ordered 2 adjust a wing reflectors due to having difficulty with spreading the light evenly.

Wow, they really have jumped up. Looking bloody awesome! What height you running at? Think I might higher mine a tad after seeing yours, was worried it would force a stretch out and wouldn’t do too well, I was clearly wrong!

Please take pics of how you build your trellis, with the exact same type of tent and size, I’ll get you to make me some too ;)

Woooo, adjust a wing! What size did you order? Our tents are going to be identical soon.

Wow, they really have jumped up. Looking bloody awesome! What height you running at? Think I might higher mine a tad after seeing yours, was worried it would force a stretch out and wouldn’t do too well, I was clearly wrong!

Please take pics of how you build your trellis, with the exact same type of tent and size, I’ll get you to make me some too ;)

Woooo, adjust a wing! What size did you order? Our tents are going to be identical soon.
Oh yes!! Thankyou man! They are so healthy aswell not a single deficiency so far :) I'm running around 3ft atm and gunna keep the same for the metal halide I'll take some accurate measure 2moz. I say trelis it's more of a glorified scrog net lol but its more the method of weaving the plant in and out spreading it across the top. It's also where the super crop will come into place. There are 2 trelis, they were around £50 each and alot of patience haha! 192 holes drilled and twine added! I'll get some pictures tomorrow also.

I went for the medium as you suggested for the floor space and power of lights.

Your clearly doing a good job with that soil if that’s the case. My plants just get to bathe in chemicals instead . 192! Fair play, no point doing it half assed. Yeah I’d appreciate the photos, it was something I was keen on, and knowing myself i may go back to the idea.

Nice, yeah I think you’ll like them. You do have to tilt them a little when trying to check on the plants. Where I’m running mine so close I often just higher them out the way while I’m taking photos, watering and such. Then measure the heights to 12-14inch, stops me being lazy and letting them burn.

I liked the idea of running a bit higher, seeing how yours have done but I can’t bring myself to do it, I expected you to say around 16 inch or so, I did not expect 3 foot. It’ll be an interesting comparison, especially as we’ll be running the same lights.

Oh yes! All will be revealed tomorrow it's taken around 3 weeks of finding, creating and planning to make them lol.

Awesome tip no doubt you will get a couple of questions tomorrow!

3 ft isnt all that bad just think for my plants to react it's only been 48hours it's worth a try. But just to warn you, you wont stop thinking about it for the 48hours haha.

I am hoping to move over to the 400w metal halide tomorrow and see how the plants react. I'm hoping to only veg for another 3-4 weeks tops if I can help it but we will see. Then back to the 600w hps

Yeah I can’t wait to see it. Curious if it’s going to look anything like the idea I had with building them.

How high was you running before going to 3ft? My issue is I’m able to check in on my plants too often, without pictures I barely notice growth, wish I could even think about leaving them for 48 hours. I went away on my last grow for a week, killed me being away.

What’s the advantage of going over to the metal halide? How come you don’t stick to the hps? I’ve never really looked into anything else in between my T5 210w light and then I switch straight to 600w hps.

Ok guys a bit of an update the seedling/cutting tent is up and running I now have the entire room sitting between 19-20°C. Going for a dummy run with my tent over the weekend with everything set up. All lights on, the lot on a 18/6 cycle want to see what my high and lows are and adjust. Hit a slight snag and I'm a little worried about the safety.
I have alot of negative pressure sucking in the sides some what! is it safe to continue over the weekend? I didn't think the tent would bow as much as it is and having 2 600w cfl the last thing I want to do is burn the gaff down. It's not exactly cheap the being the budbox pro. Take a look at the pics and please advise!
wow that is an insane sealing tent. negative pressure is great but some people take the piss !!! lol. must be some passive vent to allow some more in ?. wow

Just saw your journal from your question you asked in the FAQ, I have no comment on that as an experienced grower, but it was nice to see another UK grower. I’m sure there is plenty here, just not often said.

We have quite similar set ups, from some of your pictures I’d have said it was my grow tent. Same lights, intake fan and hung the same way. I saw on the first part of your journal you mentioned about it being first grow indoors, no restrictions. Just to confirm, not your first grow indoors? Struggling to think where I’d plant a grow in this miserable weather outside.
spoken like a true brit.lol. another here too. Hello.

Either way! Come away from the dark side! Put down those ABC hydro chem poop (IMO) and get onto the echo side it's more fun and hella lot more tasty!!
echo ??? is that because it repeats ??. hahaha love auto-correct. use it once , never stops . ECO , ECO , now that's an echo. wicked journal. wish you had been in front of me so I could have watched.lol. love the banana skin tea.. Emmy is a goddess mate. turned many of us to the dark side , now has me on the MC too for my non los pots. On the stem splitting , I have used a kitchen knife and then staked through the split to keep the two sides separate in the past but not sure if it really did much. Never tried it in LOS though so may be worth a "Mike myers" moment later ?.
Another one I use on occasion is mole grips to bite a chunk away in a couple of spaces on the stem , has a similar messaging effect on being killed off and less risk than the kitchen knife causing an injury to both plant and attacker.

Says the 420 stalker !!!!. heehee sorry just saw it and saw a punchline. old habit. lol peace and blessing Growmie.

Looking good, gonna take a seat and watch them grow!
Hey more than welcome! I'm still in the novice stage and most of this stuff I acquire through other members on here. (I ask alot of questions, too many questions haha)

Either way welcome!

echo ??? is that because it repeats ??. hahaha love auto-correct. use it once , never stops . ECO , ECO , now that's an echo. wicked journal. wish you had been in front of me so I could have watched.lol. love the banana skin tea.. Emmy is a goddess mate. turned many of us to the dark side , now has me on the MC too for my non los pots. On the stem splitting , I have used a kitchen knife and then staked through the split to keep the two sides separate in the past but not sure if it really did much. Never tried it in LOS though so may be worth a "Mike myers" moment later ?.
Another one I use on occasion is mole grips to bite a chunk away in a couple of spaces on the stem , has a similar messaging effect on being killed off and less risk than the kitchen knife causing an injury to both plant and attacker.
Haha echo is probably not the best description more organic and living lol
But I guess I will be using the same soil again and again so I guess it is recycling!

Yh this echothrive stuck is doing rather well but the whole just add water, I'm not down for that, always ways to improve and vamp up that micro life! Emilya gets around thats for sure haha! She is a book full of knowledge I have never been able to stump her with a question yet and i ask alot!

Nice to have a squad of uk growers on board! Welcome aboard!

wow that is an insane sealing tent. negative pressure is great but some people take the piss !!! lol. must be some passive vent to allow some more in ?. wow
I have a little seedling tent on the side 75x75x90 lol

Fixed the issue I had every vent tied up bar the two bottom ones, the extraction on full pelt and no intake fan. Whoops! All sorted now. Running 6" outlet on a temp controlled dimmer thing and a 5" inlet that comes on with the lights.

All full steam ahead now

So I promised you an update today although small. Here is the new adjust a wing fitted with 400w metal halides for the last couple weeks of veg. I dontike how one side of the tent is behaving and the other not I'm going to re arrange the air in feed I think this may change things a little!

Also found one of the major stems has bent right over, the plant seems fine but I wonder weather it will affect it down the line. It's not a super crop more of a pinch point hmmmm weshall see!!

Also my 3 autos have qualified for the big tent so they best get a wriggle on. They are only in there to fill space and give me a bit of variety earlier on. Not expecting loads from them there just there because I can!

Attachments

• 20200114_211934.jpg
    20200114_211934.jpg
    844.1 KB · Views: 56
  • 20200114_210808.jpg
    20200114_210808.jpg
    738.5 KB · Views: 54
spoken like a true brit.lol. another here too. Hello.

I read this half way through doing a job at work, I need to stop doing this, I end up forgetting. Hey, good to see theirs more of us.

Back
Top Bottom