Got a plant issue that no one seems to be able to answer. Please help!

Re: Got a plant issue that no one seems to be able to answer. Please help!!

the plants look great, its 1 plant and all the rest are picture perfect. Kill the weak....cull the herd.

I cant do it... lol. Its actually the biggest, tallest plant with the thickest stalk. When I upped the nutes, it responded well towards the top of the plant. I just think this one is an animal that needs much stronger nutes then the rest.

I cloned it, so we'll see if the clones make it. They weren't 100% healthy, but the healthiest I could find. I want to see how it does in flowering. I have it off to the side and its still outgrowing all of the other plants in height. About 1.5 - 2 inches per day. It just reached 1.5 feet today.

So Im going to keep it around, stop complaining about it and throw it in flowering and hope its a female. Then we'll see how it does. The stalk it 3 times the size of all of the others, so I wont be able to get myself to toss it, even if it turns out to be a male. If its a male, I'll throw it on a single bubbler in my backyard shed and let it live in there on high nutes and see what happens. I'm really convinced that the nutes just arnt strong enough for how big its trying to grow.

Here are a few pictures from today....

DSC_0357.jpg

DSC_0355.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

and a side shot of the whole PPP plant thats dry and wrinkly.
DSC_0360.jpg

With the leaf curl it almost looks overfed!?

With the leaf curl it almost looks overfed!?

Thats what someone else said to. But I had my nutes under 500 ppm when the plant first started getting like this and I dont think it could be over feed with the nutes under 500 ppm.

Once I upped the nutes to around 900 like PitViper suggested, the top leaves started to look a whole lot better. They didnt feel dry and they werent all wrinkled up like the bottom ones were.

So I agree with PitViper, that this plant is under feed and starving for higher nutes. It's the biggest plant with the biggest stalk and leaves, and that would explain why its the only one showing these signs. Its starving for more food.

If it would have responded negatively to the stronger nutes, I'd definitely say it was an over fert issue, but it responded positively. So I'll continue to raise the nutes as the plants get bigger and we'll see what happens.

Theanswerto1984is1776; With the leaf curl it almost looks overfed!? [/QUOTE said:
Some plants are just too finicky. Gone through this with sat. dom. strains. If this was my plant, I would flower it out and cull any clones taken. It wants individual attention. :peace:

bring it up to 1200

Thanks Pit. I actually finished up my room the other day and threw my plants into flowering. Did a res changed and brought the nutes up to 1,300.

I forgot to plug in my water pump yesterday, so my plants havent been feed for about 24 hours. There's a little drooping, but not much, so hopefully none of the roots were damaged. I'll be posting pictures on my grow journal later today if you want to stop by and check them out.

Here's an update.....

I took these pictures yesterday. Day 15 of flowering and week 3 for the clones.

Here's the clones. Got a lot of new growth going on. Need to get these girls under a stronger light.
DSCN26171.jpg

DSCN26381.jpg

Here's a couple close up on some tops.
DSCN26212.jpg

DSCN26231.jpg

Group picture. There all at about 3 ft right now.
DSCN26181.jpg

DSCN26371.jpg

Great White Shark
DSCN26281.jpg

OG Kush
DSCN2630.jpg

Lemon Skunk
DSCN2629.jpg

2 of my PPP's. Left and to the right.
DSCN2631.jpg

I thought this was a cool picture. Covered up the flash on accident.
DSCN26271.jpg

and then theres this one. I still dont know whats wrong with this. I've seen a few leaves on my other plants starting to look like this, so I'm starting to get concerned again. Any help would be great.
DSCN26341.jpg

DSCN2636.jpg

PH: 5.5 - 6.0
PPM: 1200 - 1400
1,000 Watt HPS - 16" from plant tops
Ebb & Flow - 6 bucket system - Floods 7 times per day - 45 minutes each cycle
Temps: 65 - 78 degrees.
RH: 30 - 55%
Week 3 of Flowering
GH 3 part nutes
Cal Mag
Floralicious Plus
FloraBlend
Liquid KoolBloom

If anyone could help with the above plant, I'd appreciate it. It wasnt a big deal at first, but Im seeing the inward leaf curling starting to effect other plants now.

Looks like overnuting to me. I'd run water only at her for a couple of days and see if that fixes it if there is anyway to isolate her. Some plants just don't like it as high as some others.

I dont really think that I'm over fertilizing. I had this plant at about a foot tall and on only 500ppm of nutes and it was still doing this. I have my newly rooted clones at over 500ppm.

So I dont know. I actually dont even care about that plant. Its just there because I have the extra room right now. Otherwise I would have pulled it. My concern is that its spreading to the rest of the plants now. Well, it's spreading to one of my other PPP's and a little bit to my Great White Shark. So that's what has me concerned. I dont want my other plants ending up like this one. So I need to figure this out. And its not spreading a lot. Only in some leaves.

MMRC Grower, Bucket system right? Some plants have different needs. I think that is what your seeing. If a finicky plant is worth growing, then you'll have to dial it in by itself. Have you ever seen a real Haze or a pure Thai grown? Difficult and finicky. :peace:

MMRC Grower, Bucket system right? Some plants have different needs. I think that is what your seeing. If a finicky plant is worth growing, then you'll have to dial it in by itself. Have you ever seen a real Haze or a pure Thai grown? Difficult and finicky. :peace:

Yeah. I figured that it was just a finicky plant. I mean, it has to be since all other are doing well and being feed the same thing, under that same conditions. My issue is more that its starting to spread to other plants. Not bad, but it is. Is this a cause of over watering, Over ferts, something wrong with my temps or rh? Its driving me crazy, because I feel like Im doing everything by the book, but still having problems.

Can you over fertilize and the leaf tips not show any burns at all. I always thought that if you were over fertilizing, the tips of the leaves would be the first to show it. The tips of my leaves are perfectly green.

we had this..."the Horn" ram's horn, whatever. Nutrient lock and poor ventilation. Certain varieties do this more easily than others. GSC was susceptible

Back
Top Bottom