Got a plant issue that no one seems to be able to answer. Please help!

Re: Got a plant issue that no one seems to be able to answer. Please help!!

Thanks a lot. Last week I had the PPM around 1,000 and tried to maintain a PH of 5.5. This is when things got bad. My plants were burning up so I figured I was over feeding them and then I dropped the PPM to 540. They started getting better after that.

My Great White Shark seemed to like the high PPM, but the PPP, Lemon Skunk and OG didnt respond well.

You said 900, but thats almost doubling what I have in there now. Kinda scary. So to be on the safe side I'll shoot it up to 800 instead of the 700 I was planning for. What do you think? I'll also let the PH cruise up without bringing it back down how you suggested. That makes a lot of sense.

I'm headed to home depot today to get some buckets and set up my flood and drain, ebb and flow system. I should have that up and going tonight. So I'll do that flush, set the PPM at 800, PH 5.5, left to rise to 6.2 and see what happens.

I hear that big PH fluctuations arnt very good for the plants. So how would I get that PH back down? .2 - .3 a day. Or do you think that dropping from 6.2 to 5.5 at once will be okay for the plants??

800 is fine bro. You would be surprised how high a ppm they will tolerate. Ive been at 2500 for weeks at a time w/o any issues, as long as the PH is in spec.
Dropping the PH is fine. you have to remember that these are weeds...they will grow in a bucket of piss. I only recomeded 5.5 is that when the system is stable the PH will rise naturally. You will know it when they are dialed in, you can just about throw away the meters away at that point because you will know exactly what they are doing...that takes time and experience but it will come..your plants will be fine.

Its 2 in the morning right now and I just finished. My Ebb and Flow is up and running. I misplaced one of the water pumps, so I'll have to find that tomorrow. Until then I'll have to do manual flood and drains. Hopefully I'll find it in the morning.

All of my plants have been transplanted into my new system. I'm looking forward to seeing how there doing in the morning. I gave them there first flood tonight and left the light on for a few extra hours.

Here's the details. I'll post the pics tomorrow. Too tired right now.

PH: 5.4
PPM: 881
Temp: 64 Degrees (its very cold outside right now)
Reservoir: New 20 Gallon.
NUTES
FloraGrow: 187.5 ml
FloraMicro: 112.5 ml
FloraBloom: 37.5 ml
Floraliscious Plus: 15 ml
FloraBlend: 150 ml
Cal-Mag Plus: 100 ml

So I doubled my PPM and brought my ph down pretty low. I'm going to let it raise to 6.1 - 6.2 and then bring it back down to 5.5.

So we'll see how there doing in the morning.

I think they will respond wonderfuly... Ive used that Gh 3 part for my 1st grow...works great.....after they take off lower the lamp to 18" max now...

I put together a new setup. My roots werent happy with the other one that I through together. Once I get another pump, Im going to turn my old tray/flat tote into a flood and drain as well.

So here's the new setup. I ended up finding my other pump this morning, so the system is up and running by itself. I need to get a better pump, but other than that, things came along well.

Flood and Drain
6 - 3 Gallon buckets
20 Gallon Res
Homemade Home Depot bucket controller

Just got done drilling the holes, adding the grommets and cleaning the rocks
DSC_0177.jpg

Added the tees
DSC_0180.jpg

Connected the hoses. Gave it a little extra hose just in case I need to spread them out some.
DSC_0182.jpg

About to replant
DSC_01901.jpg

I get thirsty sometimes...
DSC_0183.jpg

.... and here they are... in their new homes.
DSC_0192.jpg

You will know it when they are dialed in, you can just about throw away the meters away at that point because you will know exactly what they are doing...that takes time and experience but it will come..your plants will be fine.[/B][/QUOTE]

nice!!!

I started a grow w/ NO ppm meter No ph test nothing but water and half nutes.I have had some bumps but all is good.I like the coment about
weed growing in piss.Anyhow looks like you got your grow going.
GOOD LUCK.

You will know it when they are dialed in, you can just about throw away the meters away at that point because you will know exactly what they are doing...that takes time and experience but it will come..your plants will be fine.[/B]

nice!!!

I started a grow w/ NO ppm meter No ph test nothing but water and half nutes.I have had some bumps but all is good.I like the coment about
GOOD LUCK.[/QUOTE]

I hear that a lot about these plants being weeds and will grow anywhere. But I think that these plants have been pampered for so long, that they've gotten used to it, maybe at least a little, and if not given the proper environment they die pretty quick. Specially if there in piss. lol.

When I was younger, we thought it was cool to pour beer in them. They didnt seem to mind that much either. Maybe I'll take a leak in my reservoir the next time I'm out there instead of going all the way to the bathroom. That Cal-Mag Plus smells just like piss. I'm almost convinced that that is what it really is. I walked around the house the other day asking people to smell it to see what they thought. Everyone agreed that it smelt like some nasty piss.

nice!!!

GOOD LUCK.

I hear that a lot about these plants being weeds and will grow anywhere. But I think that these plants have been pampered for so long, that they've gotten used to it, maybe at least a little, and if not given the proper environment they die pretty quick. Specially if there in piss. lol.

When I was younger, we thought it was cool to pour beer in them. They didnt seem to mind that much either. Maybe I'll take a leak in my reservoir the next time I'm out there instead of going all the way to the bathroom. That Cal-Mag Plus smells just like piss. I'm almost convinced that that is what it really is. I walked around the house the other day asking people to smell it to see what they thought. Everyone agreed that it smelt like some nasty piss.[/QUOTE]

I use cal-mag but never smelled it ill let you know what i think it smells like.
My biggest problem was getting my environment right.Once that was good my
plant took off like rocket ship...:slide:
I burned them trimed too much and so on and they still look great.

MUST BE BEGINERS LUCK!!!

004_2_1.JPG

10 days into flowering and starting to see lots of hairs...

:rollit:

What ferts do you use now??

I use the entire line of House&Garden

drop the PH to 5.5 and check their response, you should see a defenitive change in 34-36 hrs. also raise your PPM to 900. Dont try to hold the ph at 5.5....let it cycle up to 6.2 thru the week. the plants are being underfed.

PitViper.... got a question for you. I did as you suggested, but I'm just going into day 2 since I changed the nutes and system and my PH is already up to 6.2.

You wrote to let it cycle up to 6.2 through the week, but its cycled up to that in less than two days. I even started at 5.4. I rinsed my hydrotron rocks with hose water, which has a much higer ph. So I'm assuming thats why its moved up to fast.

I'm a little uncomfortable leaving my PH that high, so I think I should drop the ph back down to 5.5 and let it raise from this point. What do you think?? Your the man. Let me know what I should do. I'm headed to see the family in a little bit, so hopefully I'll hear from you soon.

Here's the specs of what I have going on:

1,000 Watt Metal Halide - Two feet from plants
18/6 Light cycle
Flood and Drain System - 20 gal res - 6, 3 gallon bucket - Floods 4 times per day
Plants in 4" rockwool cubes, sitting in hydrotron
6.2 PH
940 PPM
75 Degrees at plant level
20% RH at plant level
Nutes:
FloraGro: 187.5 ml
FloraMicro: 112.5 ml
FloraBloom: 37.5
FloraliciousPlus: 15 ml
FloraBlend: 150 ml
Cal-MagPlus: 100 ml

My tips are start to curl under a little. Not a lot but some. I'm also seeing a lot of evenly spread yellowish green color throughout the plants.

Here's a few pics from this morning:

DSC_0225.jpg

PPP #2
DSC_0224.jpg

Wrinkled PPP #1
DSC_0223.jpg

Lemon Skunk
DSC_0222.jpg

PPP #3
DSC_0221.jpg

Great White Shark
DSC_0220.jpg

OG Kush
DSC_0218.jpg

drop the PH to 5.5 and check their response, you should see a defenitive change in 34-36 hrs. also raise your PPM to 900. Dont try to hold the ph at 5.5....let it cycle up to 6.2 thru the week. the plants are being underfed.

Hey Pit. I took your advice and got a deficiency. lol. I guess what works for some, doesnt work for others.

Everything was fine until my PH got up there above 6.0. The day after I hit 6.1, I started to see the edges of my leaves starting to show a burn. Then the next day I got up to 6.2 and was about to bring it down, but by that time it was already too late. The edges of the leafs got a nice little burn on them. Right after that I dropped the PH back to 5.5 and the problem stopped.

I did a little research and found out that at 6.0 PH and higher, Potassium and Zinc get locked out, when it comes to Hydro. My plants showed both signs of of K and Zn deficiencies. So I think Im going to keep it below 6.0 from now on.

Oh... and my PPP is still very wrinkled. Its not really showing any signs of getting better. Today I had another res change, so I upped the nutes from around 950 to 1050. Not a big jump, but something. I think I should have went for around 1200-1300, but we'll see what happens.

If anyone can help with this, that would be great. None of my other plants are like this. Even the same strains aren't. Unless this one is just a beast that needs way more food that all of the others.

High MMRC Grower.

Sounds like great stuff you're doing there. I sure wish we had opportunities like that here. I'd be all over it like flies on a cow pie.

Just my 2 cents but it may just be the plant. If everyone else is doing fine I would be reluctant to jeopardize the whole operation by fussing too much with it. You got it dialed in pretty good IMO and like Pit says let the pH wander some. Get it down to 5.2-4 and let it wander up to 6. top up and tweek your nutes to the desired ppm, then test pH. With my AN nutes the pH will usually drop from 6 to 5.6 when I get my ppm back to target. Then a few drops of concentrated sulfuric acid and it's about 5.2. If something locks out at that pH it will become available again as the pH rises where something else may lock out a bit and so on.

I wouldn't get your knickers in a twist. It's gonna be alright.

Good luck and good growing. :popcorn:

:peace:

First of al the plants don't look that bad. Looks to me like they are not getting enough humidity. When the plants are in veg they like to be treated to rain forest conditions. I keep mine around 65-70% for veg. The reason I'm saying that is that the leaves are not flat and kind of distended between the veins. That's the plants way of gathering as much moisture as possible.

It's going to be pretty hard to increase the humidity in a whole two care garage and having big venting will compound the problem. You might try misting them regularly and see if that helps or perhaps surround the area with wet towels. If they improve then you know your problem is humidity based and you can work on ways to increase it.

I concur. Is your circulation fan too close to the young plants? This could contribute to drying out, if that's the problem. Best wishes. :peace:

I use the entire line of House&Garden
hey pitviper.i use the full line of h&g.its a bit pricey but the results are unbelievable.love the shooting powder.really stacks them up nice.:Rasta:

MMRC....any updates?

Here ya go...

I cant really tell it the plant is getting any better. The only change so far have been the leaves towards the top. They dont feel as dry and the lower sets.

This plant has the biggest stock and the biggest leaves out of all of the other plants. Its growing great vertically. Right now its at 16 inches, while all the other plants are at 12-14 inches.

After I corrected my little nute lockout a few days ago, that plants have taken off, growing anywhere from 1-3 inches per day. So now Im in a sramble trying to get everything ready to take clones, the flowering room ready for these girls and my veg room ready for my next set of 7 I having ready.

Here's a few pictures from yesterday...

Top view of my dried feeling PPP
DSC_03381.jpg

Here's a few side shots of the same one...
DSC_03401.jpg

DSC_03391.jpg

DSC_0341.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0343.jpg

Here's a quick picture of what happened because of the high PH causing the Potassium to lock out. I seen a few signs of some Phosphorus lockout as well, but it wasnt as bad as the Potassium.
DSC_0345.jpg

On the good side, all of my plants except for 2 are already showing signs that they are females.
DSC_0349.jpg

the plants look great, its 1 plant and all the rest are picture perfect. Kill the weak....cull the herd.

Back
Top Bottom