GreenKitty's 2nd Grow - Shining Silver Haze by RQS - CFL - Soil

Cool looking cat. Regarding your condensation problem, that will likely become more of a problem when the plant is bigger and the leaves start to trap the moisture in between layers. Try stop the temperature dropping below 18 ideally. I use a 120w cylinder heater that i got for less than £20. You can run it through a plug in thermostat or just leave it on permanently. I leave mine on permanently.

Okay, thank you :) With more lights and mylar reflectors I'll probably be okay, the bulb is really close to the plant and yesterday I saw a few drops of water but then I turned the lights on and the water evaporated really quickly. But that's for right now, because she'll get big and the lights being close wont be enough. But I need to get mylar reflective sheets for the inside of the closet first, with that the temperatures should raise a bit because the light won't be absorbed by the closet and that might heat up the air enough for her not to condense water in dark time. I'll keep you guys updated :)

Lady Groot doesn't look so good:

WP_0006821.jpg

She wilted yesterday a bit too, but not like this! She has lots of water on her leaves :/ What could this be? I've added a second light now, but night time is still not finished (2 hours left), but I'm thinking about just putting it on 24/0 during veg to prevent this, I really dont want her to die :( Also I have a really big heater but it generally heats my room, I'll put it inside the enclosure now until it's day time for her to check if it's that...

I'm going for 24/0 so she doesn't stretch, added the second 21w 6700k. Also used the toothpicks. I will need to get a little heater still, though I warmed it inside and it's now at 20ºC stable, but I would like it to be 25ºC.

WP_0006831.jpg
WP_0006841.jpg

I'm going for 24/0 so she doesn't stretch, added the second 21w 6700k. Also used the toothpicks. I will need to get a little heater still, though I warmed it inside and it's now at 20ºC stable, but I would like it to be 25ºC.

WP_0006831.jpg
WP_0006841.jpg

Unless something is really fugged up, it'll be fine. Good call on the 24 hours in this one's case. Who knows why. *shrug* :thumb:

[Edit] Actually, I have a theory. You have a lot of soil surface area, which is moist, and when the light goes off and temps drop, I bet you get a little micro fog effect on the plant. It usually isn't a good idea to start seedlings in a pot that large because you have a difficult time regulating soil moisture. It'll be a couple weeks before that plant will be able to dry that pot out. It's not a great big deal, but this is the sort of issue you run into - stuff getting moist too often and staying that way. Since it only wilts at night, you might as well give it 24 hours. And that will also keep the surface temp up and help prevent excessive humidity.

I think you're spot on Graytail, it's probably the high surface area of the soil and condensation of the wet top part of the soil. I didn't have issues with that on my first grow because I didn't properly watered the soil in the beginning, I just watered the zone around the plant, which was a mistake but made it so that now this was a new problem. And don't worry I won't water her for a while ^^

Daily photo:
WP_0006851.jpg

btw, she can mostly stand on her own, with the lights being on 24 hours now, but I still have the toothpicks just in case.

This is the thing I'm going to do with the whole grow, this is just the road so far:

begining.gif

That's such an awesome idea!!!

If you don't mind me asking, what did you use to do this? And did you have to upload it as a gif?

Thanks in advance! Glad the lady isn't feelin droopy anymore!!

That's such an awesome idea!!!

If you don't mind me asking, what did you use to do this? And did you have to upload it as a gif?

Thanks in advance! Glad the lady isn't feelin droopy anymore!!

Something called Free Gif Maker, I downloaded from cnet.

Free Gif Maker - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com
CAUTION: Use Direct Download, not the big green button.

And yes I just made the gif and then uploaded it to the 420mag gallery. In the end of the grow I'll make a full gif of the whole grow :)

Darn. Late to the party again. Oh well. I'm in G.K. :popcorn:

Have you considered upping your lights on this one or keeping all the same?

-J.

Welcome :)

And yes I'm going to have at least another 20w 2700k to get to the 100w threshold, also I'm going to use Mylar Diamond reflector sheet instead of just white reflector sheet so that might also lower the loss of light in the grow. Also another this is the enclosure upgrade, I don't know if you went back to check out my closet, it's pretty big, has about 2.5 times more space than the enclosure I had before! I still don't have the mylar to isolate the inside but that should come soon. I'm also going to add the 3rd light in a few days, she has 2x2 23W 6700k now, I'm trying to experiment to see if adding lights as the plant grows is something that could be done to save on energy. I'll have a full report about the experiment in the end :)

Hey guys, there's this yellow patches on the leafs, they've been there since the beginning almost, I didn't pay much attention but now because it spread a little I'm a little worried.

[EDIT] I edited the photos a little, the yellowing is only on the bigger leaf. Though it has spread to the smaller ones a little.

WP_000687_01.JPG
WP_000688_02.JPG

I think it might have to do with the PH of the soil, I've got bottled water that has a ph of 6 and tap water that has a ph of 7, the soil after me watering it with mostly tap water should be in the high 6s, but I'm talking about the first watering of the soil during the transplant, I haven't watered since and I don't think I should for a while, so I'm afraid that lowering the soil ph by watering with bottled water with a ph of 6 might cause overwatering issues.

So mostly I want to know if I'm overthinking and over worrying and this is fine or if I should do something about it.

Back
Top Bottom