Group Grow - Autos Only - Seeds Must Be In Soil By The 25/07/2017 Latest

lovley ladys guys and girls i love to see that people are doing there thing with autoflowers please check out agc autoflower growers club for all your auto needs and wants sister links to auto flower topping thread and the auto flower comunity thread were all a big family and only getting bigger and bigger =):goodjob::Namaste::420:

Subbed in growin super skunk autos im currently bout 35 days into flower 70 days in total
420-magazine-mobile841173779.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1380733552.jpg
420-magazine-mobile572709548.jpg

I was using a led that was to powerful for the girls as u can c from the leafs bein bleached and burnt

Subbed in growin super skunk autos im currently bout 35 days into flower 70 days in total
420-magazine-mobile841173779.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1380733552.jpg
420-magazine-mobile572709548.jpg

I was using a led that was to powerful for the girls as u can c from the leafs bein bleached and burnt

your hps was way to close fiirst set of photos but its trail and error what wattage are your leds i can help with the hieght u need to hang them at aLSO dial down your ppm when i was using canna i noticed it was stron and also the flora or what ever its called is for dwc/hydro systems :Namaste:

Theres 2 types of canna range 1 for soil and hydro im usin the soil i havent used hps light yet i was usin the cfls for veg then change it to the led light it really bleached the leafs and burnt them bad so i changed it bk to the cfls even after adjustin the height to 2 feet away but still kept bleachin them i thought it was a defencie myself so i posted a few pics on 420 and sum1 told me it was the light

We dodged hurricane Irma, but we did get about 3 inches of rain....count that a flush....and wind gusts of 50 miles/hour. A few heavy colas bent down but no splits.
420-magazine-mobile548365136.jpg

This WW is close. I'm thinking mostly clear/cloudy but no amber yet. Any idea how much time is left?
420-magazine-mobile685459181.jpg

SCGuy - Glad your babies withstood the natural disaster buddy .. Saw clips , looooks heeeeeeectic !!
Iv got an idea you might find pretty cool.. Name your bud Irma's White Widow :) haha !

Welcome to all the new faces :welcome:
Wish you a positive adventure within our little community.. Please feel free to share any knowledge,tips or advice aswell as the issues and problems you dealing with and how you solved them.

:Namaste:

I ended up not posting any pictures because there wasn't really anything worthwhile to post.

But I'm still here/following. And I glanced at my Train Wreck Auto and saw (female) flowers!

The only problem is that it's still in the Solo cup, LMAO.

Time to germinate another seed or twelve, I guess?

A lil bit of advice man.. If you looking for a decent yield from Autos this is what you will need to be MOST successful:
- Nothing smaller than 3 gallon pots
- Must be planted in final pot from start to finish (autos dont like to be transplanted and also stunt from small pots)
- Use light feeds and nutes
- Dont mess with the plant, dont super crop, top etc. as it will also stunt the growth (LST works well)
- Now after everything iv said, I have seen people that have been successful in transplanting and supercropping autos BUT its not full proof and 8/10 times its a bust.

Hope this helps in the future :cheer:

If you looking for a decent yield from Autos

I'd never look for a decent yield from an auto-flowering plant. I've gotten the impression that even eight ounces is quite rare with one.

- Nothing smaller than 3 gallon pots

But how can I fit 14 three-gallon pots into a 3'x3' space?

Must be planted in final pot from start to finish (autos dont like to be transplanted and also stunt from small pots)

Gotcha! Leave them in their little red Solo cups the entire time, no transplanting.

Use light feeds and nutes

I expect to use light, feeds, and nutes. Er... What's the difference between feeds and nutes? It matters not, I suppose, as I'm going to be pulling from an assortment of old half-empty jugs and a bottle of Osmocote Plus time-release prills.

- Dont mess with the plant, dont super crop, top etc. as it will also stunt the growth (LST works well)

So... Treat it just like I would a photoperiodic plant, then?

- Now after everything iv said, I have seen people that have been successful in transplanting and supercropping autos BUT its not full proof and 8/10 times its a bust.

Oooh, tricky, that. If I'm 80% likely to get a result, I often screw up and get the 20%. But I seem to be pooching things quite a bit lately, too. And please don't use the word "bust" on a cannabis forum, lol <KNOCKS WOOD UNTIL IT SPLINTERS>.

Hope this helps in the future

F*ck, bro, I hope it helps NOW. I'm pretty sure I'm here now - can't predict the future, though.

Hey, if I don't post a picture, image, crayon drawing, something within the next 24 hours or so, how about reminding me that I was going to do so immediately before sticking a couple plants into larger homes. Because if I've forgotten to post the picture....

Hahaha u crack me up !
I mean light as in a smaller dose of nutes.
U can definitely get big yields with autos but if you keep growing them in little cups you will keep harvesting a couple of g's a plant.

Do some research on autos buddy, so you know what you doing as they don't have the same needs as a photo period. Otherwise photos might be better for u in the end.

14plants in a 3x3 is just stupid haha .. Why not have 4-6 bigger plants and fill the tent up ?

Think it's still too early to say, but for some reason I think mainlining is going to have really good results. I'm liking how it looks and the open-ness of it. Really gaining on the rest of them now.

A top-down comparison of the different techniques.

Top left - Darkside - Topped above 5th node
Top Right - Gator - FIM above 5th
Bottom left - Middle Child - LST tie only
Bottom Right - Song Sparrow - Mainlining (looking better and better every day)

420-magazine-mobile195334481.jpg

NOTE: This Post Might be Considered to be Somewhat Lengthy by Some

Hahaha u crack me up !

I'm glad you laughed, because I just noticed that all of my "I'm just being a smart-@ss, don't take it too seriously" smileys seem to have disappeared ;) .

Do some research on autos buddy

Have been (admittedly, probably not as much as I should have). I notice that there are things that people have opinions about in regards to auto-flowering strains - which are often the polar opposite of others' opinions. So I decided to just grow some and see what happens.

so you know what you doing as they don't have the same needs as a photo period. Otherwise photos might be better for u in the end.

YES! And... no. Right now, I am able to run my 350-watt light for 18 hours/day. I may have to drop that, though (budgetary concerns :icon_roll , plus I have very little electrical capacity for a non-"third world" house - if I have to run electrical heat, light will have to be shut off when it's running; same might be true for the furnace blower, as I have not checked its electrical draw yet) . I might have to cut the hours back - but then be able to increase them again. Such a thing would surely spell d-i-s-a-s-t-e-r with photoperiod strains, methinks.

Additionally, I am told that light leaks are not a concern with autos. Although I DO have some concerns that "mucking about" with light - random leaks, leaving the room open (and barely lit from another light source in the other room), or varying the light schedule might provoke some incidences of hermaphrodism... I have not been bombarded with threads about auto-flowering plants going shim. So, while I'm a little worried, it's not a show-stopper at this time.

The "auto-flower time savings" thing? <SHRUGS> Flowering seems to be in the range of any other non-stellar (IOW, not a sativa) cannabis plant. And a person can produce clones quickly. Vegetative periods... are affected by the strain choice (some grow like bushes crossed with trees, some grow SLOWLY) - and one can leave a photoperiod plant in 18/6 longer, sure, but that generally produces larger plants. So time, as a factor with auto-flowering cannabis, is not really a pro OR a con. Starting more or less from scratch, it'll save me a bit because I can fill the space with autos quicker than I would fill them with photos (not quicker than I could - but quicker than I would, if that makes any sense? I'm meaning that the way I'd probably grow each type would give a slight advantage to autos for this particular grow).

To be honest with you, my preferred method of growing is fewer plants (ONE works for me, lol), with a moderate (2 months minimum) vegetative period, under a screen (scrog), in a 20+ gallon DWC reservoir, to produce a large plant that completely (or near as makes no difference) fills the screen that has the same dimensions as the grow space's area. However...

14plants in a 3x3 is just stupid haha .. Why not have 4-6 bigger plants and fill the tent up ?

A long time ago, I did a nine plant per square foot grow. I got a yield that wasn't a great deal less than the single-plant grows. And I sved some time, because - as you can imagine - I used clones with almost no vegetative period. But it was a royal pain in the @ss and I realized that this method didn't really fit me. Plus... above 99 plants and a whole new can of worms gets opened in my country (if one gets caught). And I figured that if two methods produce similar results (yield), but one can get a person locked up for YEARS longer, well... Risk vs. reward and all that.

All that is background.

I'm thinking about trying to grow 14 plants. I have accumulated some - actually, a fair number, as it turns out, thanks to a very dear friend - auto-flowering seeds. I wouldn't do this with something that I have only one or two seeds of (and most of the 30 or so strains I have on hand are like that), but with more seeds I can almost plan on culling some if things get overcrowded. So, while I hope to begin with 14 plants, I might happily finish with (random number ahead) nine. That specific thing is a thing that I consider to be "no big deal" (with this particular grow).

I do not expect to suddenly have the electrical capacity/budget to add more light, but if I trip of a pile of gold doubloons, lol, I can always move plants into a different space.

Really, there are some factors behind the motivation for me to start 14 plants for a space that's less than a square meter:

Very limited (and poor, and not recent at all) experience with auto-flowering strains means that I could conceivably (er, ya think? :rofl:) screw up a plant. If that plant is one of only four, I've just pooched 25% of my grow.

The plan is to use a couple two-gallon containers, a couple one-gallon containers, and 10 or so 2-liter bottles. This could help me decide for myself which container size works best for ME when growing auto-flowering plants. This is in case that I have a positive "auto experience" and wish to have a more... normal grow with them in the future instead of just doing a one-off auto grow.

I have almost four cubic feet of perlite, 1.5 cubic feet of one type of soil, 2 cubic feet of another, and an unknown quantity (little over one bag) of some kind of fortified "organic" soil. Growing more plants means that I can grow some hempy style in straight perlite and do a few different soil mixes. Again, this is something that can add to my personal knowledge base in case I decide to grow more autos in the future. I'll assume that some of these will produce better results than others. If some are... unworthy, it won't be as big a deal as it would be if I only had three or four plants going.

I have a product called Osmocote Plus. It's a "time-release" fertilizer, little balls that the company calls "prills." Others have had - and do have - great experience using this product with cannabis. I've never tried it for this application, but the bottle was just under $2 on sale last year, so I bought it on a whim. Instead of a regular garden with a variety of plants, Mom just wanted a couple tomato plants in buckets this year (she's old and decrepit). I mixed in this stuff at the recommended dosage and she's gotten lots of tomatoes with nothing additional other than watering (straight out of the hose, chlorinated tap water). No obvious deficiencies, no blossom end rot, et cetera. So it'll probably work, lol, but it's new for ME.

I also have some "bottle" nutrients: General Hydroponics three-part Flora series, the basic (grow a & b, bloom a & b) "foundation" of (IIRC) DNF, a Neptune's Harvest fish & seaweed "organic" product, the remnants of a not-to-be-named two-part (grow and bloom) product, and possibly another bottle or two of supplements. But these are old, and were opened when they were new (like 2011 or so?). IDK if they're still good, if they've evaporated and thus who knows what the new "strengths" of the things are, et cetera. And this becomes even more problematic, because...

I have NO meters, and no way to buy them. Every time I get an "extra" few bucks saved up, I end up taking it to the grocery store and blowing it on something to eat. Or, if I've got some food in the pantry, taking Mom to the grocery store with it. I had hoped that this would be a better year than last year (which sucked in terms of work), allowing me to recover from last Winter, put some money away for this coming Winter, get through the year, and actually have some money to spend on non-necessitates, IOW, something other than keeping a roof over my head, the electric/gas/water on and paid, and a little food once in a while. But that didn't come to pass; this year has made last year seem downright pleasant. I try very hard not to think about it (depressed enough as it is, FFS), but there is a very real chance that I won't have an address next year. I usually manage when the snow is flying by cutting my water/electric/HEAT back to as little as possible, buying as little food as possible (and occasionally supplementing via dumpster-diving late at night when the local restaurants close and toss their unsold-but-made-three-hours-ago crap). But this year... I've been doing that all year just to get by. So... IDFK, really. It's all my own fault, I sold my wheels some years back when I was in a deep hole (never, ever, ever sell your only vehicle!). That gave me some temporary breathing room but really screwed up my ability to get around for work - and a person can only lump so much in the way of tools/materials :rolleyes3 , which makes it worse. And I won't leave the area for one that has more work, a better public transportation infrastructure, or both because Mom needs me more and more as she ages and her general health declines. So it's not like I'm not responsible for my current state... but it is what it is <SHRUGS> .

The above... If I start with 14 plants, and start having issues, I'll be guessing. Low pH? High pH? Etc. That probably means that some will be guinea pigs. I might add a few drops of pH Down (I have no pH Up!) to one plant's feed to see if it improves - which could end up killing the poor thing. [EDIT: This is another reason for me to grow some in soil and some in perlite hempy containers - the latter is passive hydroponics and likes a pH of ~5.8, while the former, being soil, wants a pH of ~6.5 - gives me two chances for a surviving plant.] I guess that'll have to be what passes for testing in my cannabis garden. Coupled with the old - and, therefore, now questionable - nutrients, well...

Y'all could probably start a pool called "How many plants will ~TS~ end up with at harvest time?" But if you do, can you do it all via PM instead of in the thread where I can see it, lol? Some days... Some days, I'm pretty down and depressed - but other days aren't nearly that good.

If I start with 14 plants, intending to have a full space (regardless of how many plants that turns out to be) at harvest... But only end up with a few (er... one?), it'll at least mean I'll be able to give some bud to the people I know who can really benefit from cannabis for medicinal reasons. With luck, I'll even be able to have a bowl or two of it.

I just hate the thought of putting in effort and electricity and ending up with a big zero. So, yeah, 14 plants seems like the plan.

420-magazine-mobile518566743.jpg

She stayed short but very bushy, been feeding her the new formula of iguana juice grow and bloom. Will be defoliating here in the next week and trying to tie down her branches.

Great looking updates guys :thumb:
Im going to visit my rents for the weekend and get my hair dreaded (lions finally getting his mane) so wont be posting any updates of the babies but I will still be around :)
I will be sure to update and post pics when I get back !!

Torture - Please keep me updated on this 14plant grow in a 3x3 would love to see it go down haha.

Back
Top Bottom