Grow #2: Outdoor/CFL Auto 420 Blueberry & AK-47 Smart Pots With Dr Earth Soil

Grow #2 - Outdoor/CFL Auto 420 Blueberry & AK-47 Smart Pots With Dr Earth Soil

From my experience (could just be me) froth is a good thing. If your using big bloom and grow big those are organic and contain microbial life right? When I make teas they froth all the time, I'll get three inches of that stuff on top of my 5 gallon buckets. And I pour it all over. It means what your giving them is alive! Not sure why it's only happening sometimes tho.

hmmm...and here i am washing it away. I'm so messed up on my second grow. My first must have been beginner's luck, ignorance is bliss, etc. I'm not even sure the blueberry 3 is going to survive at this point. I'll know more in the morning i reckon.
k.i.s.s.

Hmmm...and here I am washing it away. I'm so messed up on my second grow. My first must have been beginner's luck, ignorance is bliss, etc. I'm not even sure the Blueberry 3 is going to survive at this point. I'll know more in the morning I reckon.

It wasn't luck bro you deff know what your doing. It will all work out, keep it simple

I thought I was! All I changed was adding BigBloom and watering around the peat to make the roots branch out in search of water. Maybe it's just not enough water getting to the roots that's making it look so feh. If I haven't completely stunted them then maybe there's still time!
Just to keep things in perspective; it's early, each seed is different, and heat hurts.
Slow and steady wins the race.
(So much easier to tell someone lol)

Personally I don't see the reason to cut. LST on my second Blueberry auto produced 13 tops...good enough for me!
20170817_095247.jpg
I want to learn how to make a plant do this

Day 16 and Friday. Everyone survived till the morning, and :thanks: to my left-coast brethren Waffle and LED for the late-night pep talk when I was feeling sad about the state of my babies. They're all growing, if yellowish. Though AK 5 looks like it's having other issues besides yellow...it's new set of leaves is not coming out even (the right side is much slower), and it's got brown spots on one of the first true leaves.

I sprayed the diluted neem again last night but I think I'll give them a break for a few days and see how the leaves look on Sunday.

I've decided just to keep moving ahead as long as they're growing.

Speaking of LST, it continues on AK 4 with the romex wire bits, and here are the pics...

Blueberry 3:

20170908_074416.jpg

20170908_074508.jpg

AK 4:

20170908_075212.jpg

20170908_075218.jpg

20170908_075326.jpg

And AK 5 (check out the uneven growth and the brown spots):

20170908_075238.jpg

20170908_075246.jpg

It's all LST training. Start young and keep at it. You can read through my first grow or 420d has a great example from here to here and you can search the forums for info on it as well.

Of course it takes a healthy plant to put up with that, but def worth the time to train all those tops.

Hey GreenThunder, just wanted to make sure you saw this post that got orphaned on the previous page. I know you're new here and you may not know to look back to see what you missed when the pages get added.

LST is key! Check out the links above.

I did put Mykos in these pots when I mixed the dirt. Didn't do it in the first grow because the order didn't arrive in time. Also there's mycorrhizae in the soil according to the bag. Why?
I was just wondering. They help with the plants ability to fight things off.
I try to reintroduce them every 2 weeks or so.
Just thinking of preventative maintenance stuffs lol

Hey GreenThunder, just wanted to make sure you saw this post that got orphaned on the previous page. I know you're new here and you may not know to look back to see what you missed when the pages get added.

LST is key! Check out the links above.
Thanks for looking out for me! MJ growers are the NICEST folks
I have a little gal who's less than 3 weeks old so I started with her this morning. She's responding very well and I'm so excited
420-magazine-mobile1009732164.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2006254009.jpg

Thanks for looking out for me! MJ growers are the NICEST folks
I have a little gal who's less than 3 weeks old so I started with her this morning. She's responding very well and I'm so excited

We're here to help!

The pot you have her in is going to be a bit tight for the kind of training you would probably do on her if she were in a wider one, as you need room to tie the plant in a circle around the outside of the pot, room to tie down the side growth, as well as places to anchor all those ties. But since you have the stakes in there you could wrap her around the one you bent her toward and then continue around in that direction as she grows.

One of the most important parts of LST is not just to get the plant to grow out and around in a wide circle, but to tie down the new branches as they grow out, usually toward the center away from the main stem (or tie them to the side if they're growing that way). The idea is that each branch that comes off the main branch becomes a new main branch of whatever is going to grow off that. Only when the plant is deep into flower do you stop pulling down and then use the tying technique just to keep the buds away from each other to allow light and air to all parts of the plant.

Post up a journal and put in your signature block so we can watch and help you as you go! :thumb:

We're here to help!

The pot you have her in is going to be a bit tight for the kind of training you would probably do on her if she were in a wider one, as you need room to tie the plant in a circle around the outside of the pot, room to tie down the side growth, as well as places to anchor all those ties. But since you have the stakes in there you could wrap her around the one you bent her toward and then continue around in that direction as she grows.

One of the most important parts of LST is not just to get the plant to grow out and around in a wide circle, but to tie down the new branches as they grow out, usually toward the center away from the main stem (or tie them to the side if they're growing that way). The idea is that each branch that comes off the main branch becomes a new main branch of whatever is going to grow off that. Only when the plant is deep into flower do you stop pulling down and then use the tying technique just to keep the buds away from each other to allow light and air to all parts of the plant.

Post up a journal and put in your signature block so we can watch and help you as you go! :thumb:
Going to get a bigger pot today . And will work on putting up a journal. I've got 4 girls going but have a partner so we agreed I can experiment with one
Both of us are new beginners.

Back
Top Bottom