Grow book and author needed

I was growing in the ground one year and I had been giving my plants guano teas before harvest; probably once a week. I pulled a branch early to test it before giving straight water and I have never been choked out like that plant did to me. The taste was chemically and unpleasant and so harsh I couldn't hold a hit.

This was an extreme case of potentially overdoing it and not likely the same across the board. These plants accumulate junk and i believe if we over do it, we can affect the taste. This by no means equates to a flush being necessary. My teas were organic and should not have required a flush?

I think we need to ease up on the proverbial gas pedal at the finish line, but I think if the plant was fed appropriately and within reason, a flush is not needed.
Nature knows best..were just fooling ourselves...best is to try to make and keep plants happy..simple is the best.

Plants will grow without adjusting p.h. the only difference is ounces my friend.
Oh yeah just checked your journal you say you started 2007 thats 14 years.
For a military man thats not point.:rofl:
Well :hmmmm: it's easier to say 15, than to say almost 15 :laugh:
Plus I've been retired, and growing since I was 38, and I'm 53 now, so you do the math :popcorn:

AND, it has nothing to do with PH my friend, maybe it's your growing skills, or a lack there of...cuz my plants got plenty of "ounces" :slide:

I feel part of it is the soil/nute combo, I did a lot of research:nomo: and found a soil/nute line from Fox Farms. Use soil along with nutes :morenutes: while following feeding chart and it's simple. So simple that a first time grower (me) can get 12 oz off one of one of my first plants. I also did not measure ph ppm etc..

I feel part of it is the soil/nute combo, I did a lot of research:nomo: and found a soil/nute line from Fox Farms. Use soil along with nutes :morenutes: while following feeding chart and it's simple. So simple that a first time grower (me) can get 12 oz off one of one of my first plants. I also did not measure ph ppm etc..
All aspects of what we fo in life is circumstantial. I can go buy box brownies follow the recipe and call myself a Baker. Is that true i guess under the circumstances it is. However without that box of premixed goodies i might not know where to start thankfully the people that packaged it did.
They took care of the p.h. for me so i didn't have to worry what reactions id get in the oven.

Jorge Cervantes, probably the most in depth you’ll find , Bezos carries it

All aspects of what we fo in life is circumstantial. I can go buy box brownies follow the recipe and call myself a Baker. Is that true i guess under the circumstances it is. However without that box of premixed goodies i might not know where to start thankfully the people that packaged it did.
They took care of the p.h. for me so i didn't have to worry what reactions id get in the oven.
I never said I was a baker, or a cultivator. I am growing marijuana for medicinal reasons and since I am able to read and do research :nomo: I concluded that using the knowledge obtained and passed along by others is easiest way for me to grow my own medicine. I used what I considered to be the easiest method I could find and accomplished what I wanted to do.

I am happy with my results but I will apply the information I have obtained to try and better my medicine.:yummy: In addition I will try and pass along what little bit of knowledge I have freely to others.

If there was a way I could use an easy bake oven to put the seedings in one side and ready to harvest buds came out the other I would do it.:nerd-with-glasses:

7 years ago everyone said you had to Flush & Starve your plants before harvest. Now they say it's a Myth.
7 years ago they said you had to pH your nutes for soil. Now they say that's a Myth.
So not all info is good info anymore & can send a newbie down the wrong path. There needs to be a limit on just how far back the old threads go. If it's over 5 years old ... get rid of it. The info more then likely changed & if it hasn't I'm sure it was brought up again during the past 5 years. No need to go back farther then that.
Keep the info available. But only searchable if you click on an ARCHIVED THREADS tab. It shouldn't pop up unless you click the tab.
I agree that there is old theories that experience has shown to be wrong.

What I find wrong is that when someone, usually someone who just joined, is researching because they are ready to try growing on their own they reply to one of these threads. Then they get jumped on, and sometimes humiliated, for asking a related question or providing an answer.

Time to get back to the rest of the tread about baking. One of the first edibles, back in the 70s, involved buying a box of brownie mix and baking up a batch of delicious little Brownie cakes for when all the friends came over on a Saturday afternoon or evening.

One of the very few things I do remember from 1981 was making hash brownies. Crumble up about 7 or 8 grams in a small pan of them to help concentrate the hash.
Heard about those. Our group stuck with putting in part of an ounce when mixing. Occasionally the host would put the weed into one batch and make another batch without any. That was so those who did not want to get high from a brownie, for whatever reason, could still get a snack. Often those who did not like edibles would be able to roll one up with the other part of the ounce which the host left on the table with a pack of papers or a pipe.

What I find wrong is that when someone, usually someone who just joined, is researching because they are ready to try growing on their own they reply to one of these threads. Then they get jumped on, and sometimes humiliated, for asking a related question or providing an answer.

Time to get back to the rest of the tread about baking. One of the first edibles, back in the 70s, involved buying a box of brownie mix and baking up a batch of delicious little Brownie cakes for when all the friends came over on a Saturday afternoon or evening.
I tried brownies when I was young. Poured my good weed straight into the mix & made brownies. Tasted like hay... lol.

Wow 12 oz off one plant! compared to that I am not doing to well on the harvest, but hey it’s just great to be able to smoke something you grew yourself.

@MochaBud Were is the frost :rofl: im guessing mega crop??
Didnt you say you never check?
Maybe its on point you dont even know.:rofl:
And here you are say it doesnt mater.
Act 53
Ima throw this out there and I'll stop...

It was actually about a Grow Book and Author...but I love edibles :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom