H0bbyGr0wer89 - Soil - White Widow - 2016

I've got another update! (pictures)

She is at about 2-1/2 weeks into 12/12... is she looking on schedule?

Also, I decided to try a more horizontal lighting approach (not sure if this is really smart, or REALLY stupid - likely the latter) - see the last picture. I have a cheaper and lower watt version LED on the other side just to add some light; I plan on rotisserie-ing her on a daily basis... unless you guys veto this method (you'd know better than I). I am trying to get more light closer to the bottom and in the middle, since I know you're using your light less efficiently every additional inch that it has to travel to the leaf(s).

My thinking is that the light will be closer to the bottom and will still penetrate through to the other side - overall being closer to every leaf, on average. Also, the light will ricochet off of the walls back-and-forth around the plant at a more horizontal angle... instead of simply hitting the ground and bouncing back up to the roof of the grow tent.

20160124_192042.jpg
20160124_193059.jpg

<REMOVED>
20160124_195306.jpg

Personally I think she's gonna love it. Only caveat that comes quickly to mind is, don't do your rotisserie-ing while approaching being over medicated. Save yourself the #stonedmoron moment. :)

I'm pretty sure that WW is a strain thay likes a little more flowering time. I've heard some people letting it go for up to 13-14 weeks. I'll be monitoring the trichoms starting around weeks 6-7. As of now, I think that I'll begin flushing when some begin to become cloudy... but that thought might change.

I'm now aiming for 100% cloudy - I came across a study in which they extracted from clear, cloudy, and amber trichoms... and they are at their peak level of THC right before they are cloudy. THC actually starts to decline once they become cloudy and especially once they are amber.

Sent from my SM-N920T using 420

Those studies always leave me with questions are they talking about thc delta 9 or thc because most bud is between .5 to .9 percent thc and like 23 thc which converts when heat is applied. I pulled my first grow when they where all cloudy and as they've cured I've notice some amber in there. I was going to go 50/50 this time just to see if there's a big difference.

I think the only way to truely know is to pull different grows at different times and try em' for yourself and decide which is best. In addition to the trichoms, ima be looking at size, frost, fullness, etc... if they get to 100% cloudy and look like they just aren't quite ready yet... then I'll let it go up to a maximum of 50/50.

Sent from my SM-N920T using 420

I think I know what is up with the one or two leaves that were wilty looking too -

She is starting to get the infamous "CLAW." Therefore... I suppose I have some nitrogen toxicity.

I watered her really good (about 30% runoff) with pure PH'd water (6.5 PH), with the exception of 1 tablespoon of molasses (for 2.5 gallons of water).

Going to be using 1/2 dose of the "Big Bud" going forward...

HELP NEEDED:

Hey everyone - need your help; I'm a bit confused on this one!

Ok, so... I first noticed "the claw" and thought... ok... shoot... too much nitrogen (via "big bud") and so I did nothing but water on the last watering (3 days ago) to flush her out.

I am now noticing a few blotchy yellow-ish leaves towards the bottom, in addition to the claw. Seemingly contradictory signs... the yellow almost looks like nitrogen deficiency. Really confused.

Overall... she doesn't look as lush-green and happy. Do any of you have any thoughts on what night be going on? Is it possible to get the claw with nitrogen deficiency - not just toxicity?

EDIT: I think the yellowing might be magnesium (just a guess).

PS: you may notice... I trimmed off the large fan leaves that were blocking/reducing the light to the bottom of the plant; where about 80% of the buds are located. Just a discalimer. I know it's frowned upon and perhaps just flat out wrong - but I did it lol.

20160131_195712.jpg
20160131_195529.jpg
20160131_195930-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom