Canabinerd's Next Journal - White Widow In Soil

Well, I'm to drunk and medicated to take pictures tonight. But the good news is, when I wake up in the morning I will be able to drive a couple miles down the road and buy legal recreational cannabis, kind of cool. We always dreamed of the day it would happen when we were teenagers, but I didn't really expect it to happen this soon. Hopefully this will be the start of better things to come. happy new year closet farmers.

Day 29 of 12/12

DSCF7211.JPG

Well for those of you who don't live in Colorado, I will share some info and observations. First off, it was hilarious how there were a million chicken littles running around screaming that the sky was falling, but two days in, I've heard of one ticket being given in Denver for public use. Other than that, the cops have been extremely bored despite being out in force. In Pueblo (which I live near) one of the shops reported in excess of $30,000 in sales on the first day. Prices did at least double overnight though, on 12/29 a gram was going for $7-10, by the end of the next day, try $15-20 and most people are speculating that will get much worse before it gets better. I never thought I'd see the day that pot became $500 an ounce. If you were inclined, you could make a nice living with a 400 watt HPS at those prices; although, I doubt the blackmarket will be able to demand that much, but I haven't known a dealer since I was a teenager so I wouldn't know. I expect by this time next year we will be back at pre-retail prices, especially since we're allowed to grow our own.

I called a medical only dispensary and was informed that those prices will remain essentially unchanged. I suspect that won't last long as more and more dispensaries go retail there will be less medical supply and at some point the price points will be roughly the same.

The state is making a big deal about how they "will not promote" cannabis in any way for tourism and such. Which is also hilarious, because they are already getting some of the best world wide media coverage that any business could ask for. They don't have to advertise, the associated press is doing it for them. I bet if you're a cannabis user and you will be going on a roadtrip, if there is a reasonable way to route through Colorado, chances are you are going to.

So my only worry going forward is this artificially inflated demand attracting the same people we were trying to get rid of by passing amendment 64. But I think the good news is all this hoopla will be over with by the next election when the next round of states legalizes. Because I don't think it will be too long after when we finally will get rescheduling and federal decriminalization.

@tokersmokeg,
if you had read the journal you would know that this is a small 150watt sunburst lamp grow. Try reading before making comments that are less than flattering.
Cana, your buds are looking mighty fine:).

i did read the journal, 150w hps or not those are some tiny buds.just being honest you dont have to be a dick and assume i didnt read the journal.at least i gave my thoughts.and fyi i wasnt try to be flattering!! im sure the op doesnt need you to justify months of work for a half ounce of bud!

As for the White Widow, she just started to show a P deficiency so that may be at least part of the issue. But I popped one bean of a genetic line that I have never grown before, in a brand new setup that I'm just dialing in. But I am growing a very low wattage, low budget grow which I only need to produce enough for recreational and personal use, so my bar for success is pretty low. But If I can grow 3 ounces with 200 watts of CFL's regularly, I'm pretty sure I'll meet or exceed that with this grow.

Looking good mate. I did find with my widow that they could soak up alot of p and k compared To other strains I had grown. The other thing I noticed ls I could have the 400w hps so close to the plants it burnt your hand at that distance and the widow loved it. Seems all round like a high consuming nutes/light strain. Just thinking with low watts every cm closer to the girls means extra lumens. Anyways good luck mate just thought id share my widow experience as just cut them down yesterday :)

Back
Top Bottom