Ripped Van Winkles Bubbling White Widow / Ice Journal - 2010

Re: SanibelGreen

A 600 would be nice... I'd have to duct the heat then. You can see the base where the lamp is mounted in that "5 weeks" shot... it's just hanging in the room. LOL and mounted on a single bolt so I actually swing it back and forth on alternate days... one day the Ice is closer to the "sun" and the next day the WW is. This also lets light slip into the canopy through different angles too.

I've been thinking about adding one of the Stealth Hydro 3 CFL setups... multi spectrum thing. I have one set for Vegetative growth and have been very impressed with it.

Re: 4twenty4all

Thank you. I'm rather interested in the final product as well (LOL). Never grown these before...and never grown in Hydro... I've said it already 4-5 times... I'm very impressed with Deep Water Culture. Pretty awesome.

I'm hoping to take these two until the Trichome's are turning heavily to amber... in the Widow at least... I need a good couch lock weed and this should be it.

I usually cut samples from the undergrowth before harvesting... lets me assess the quality early. It's not the same as smoking cured weed of course, but after a while you start getting an impression that can become pretty accurate with time. The Widow should finish in 3 weeks... Ice probably a week or so later. Depending on how the trichs look, I may run both into June.

Peace!

Re: SanibelGreen

A 600 would be nice... I'd have to duct the heat then. You can see the base where the lamp is mounted in that "5 weeks" shot... it's just hanging in the room. LOL and mounted on a single bolt so I actually swing it back and forth on alternate days... one day the Ice is closer to the "sun" and the next day the WW is. This also lets light slip into the canopy through different angles too.

I've been thinking about adding one of the Stealth Hydro 3 CFL setups... multi spectrum thing. I have one set for Vegetative growth and have been very impressed with it.

Sounds like a plan, how do you vent the lamp heat then if it isnt hooked up?

SG

Re: Heat Venting

The room has a bathroom style ceiling fan connected to an attic fan thermostat, (3 inches below the ceiling) there's a vent cut in the wall near the floor to bring in fresh air from outside, but that is run through a 4 inch duct that just opens up to the room... above the lamp. This pic is from week 14 (4 weeks at 12/12) you can see the duct on the right.

jnl_wk_14_6_.jpg

There's quite a bit of head room and when the thermostat turns on around 90 it's only about 80 at the top of the plants.

I have no fan in the room blowing stuff around, never have used one in 6 years of growing... but remember I have been doing soil... with few yields worth bragging about.

In the Summer months, heat has been a problem. This year, these two plants plus the yield from my Super Silver Haze should last me until early next year so I won't grow this summer... I'm quite excited about it.

I'll still be working with my SS Haze and Bubba Kush mom's to try and perfect my cloning skills... but that happens in a completely different environment.

Re: Ripped van Winkles Bubbling White Widow/Ice Journal - 2010

Why not grow this summer?! Stockpile is the word.. :) However it would be like you sent the kids to summer camp no worries at all lol

SG

Why not? Yes I get the Stock Pile aspect... but I don't live in a MMJ friendly state. Less growing = less risk. That's a big motivator. Also, that room gets hot just from being in the building it's in, so if I got the supply, and don't need to fight the heat.. I choose not to.

In the mean time I'll not be idle. The Super Silver Haze in the Blue room will be trimmed and trained to become a single plant scrog in Fall... and will enter with a full head of steam, lots of roots and good growth.

Well, if I can keep it alive till then!!!

I totally agree man here in south Florida temps are unbearable at times for people let alone a grow room, and the risk of course peace of mind is worth more than anything sometimes. Wasn't trying to sound like a tool or anything, sorry if I did.

SG

I have no fan in the room blowing stuff around, never have used one in 6 years of growing... but remember I have been doing soil... with few yields worth bragging about.

lol half the problem right there man!

I have added a portable aircon unit to my room in the last week. Sweeeeeeet! I have it on timer with the lights so runs for those hours. Its cooler below the canopy as ripped points out. It is set at 76 and the area near the lights are 82. I know they can be expansive to buy sometimes, this one was in the sales for half price and will now allow me to grow all summer. So there is always that option if struggling with heat.

:thumb:

Tool (n) - Sounding retarded, like an idiot, or a total a$$

I tried defining it lol

SG

Looking really good! That Widow is looking amazing. One thing I would do is maybe just add a small oscillating fan just to move stuff around a bit. But if you have been growing for six years and have never used one then I guess I would stick to what you know. Anyways looking good I wanna see the finished product!

SG - Ah, I see. Nope, you definitely were not being a tool!

Reefa - Nice suggestion, I've long known about the advantages of transpiration increased by a fan... just never gotten around to doing it.. I think too that in my current setup I'm winning the heat battle easily (well not in the summer) and moving air would disturb my temperature zones... mixing the temps top to bottom.

3Lions - You got it... I attempt to grow what I need and my needs are small. Consider that SS Haze I harvested a week or so ago. A "bowl" of that actually is a relatively small bat or chum that I feed a piece of bud roughly the size of a pea. I typically smoke 1/8th oz a week of street stuff, if its good weed like I've got now, an 1/8th will last a week and a half to two weeks.

Peace folks!

White Widow Fashion Shot

Just wanted to push up some pics I took last night... first, the White widow... this is 2 days since the last photos... week 5 would have been the day in between them...

Here's what she looks like underneath.. you can see how I've tied her open for better light penetration into the center. Topped early, one of the top most branches got damaged and never regrew so the center is pretty open, well, it's open on both plants, cause of the way I tie them.

Ice Fashion Shots

Well, this image stuff is tricky... the new tool that lets you scan through the pages images is cool... but I can't seem to make the thumbnails link to the full size images...

Here's the Ice, same deal. These fashion shots are really 5 weeks + 1 day... and the previous "5 week" pics... they are really 4 weeks, 6 days... Not that it matters much...

jnl_wk_15_6_.jpg

Yes indeed. They've both pretty much halted the vertical growth... looks like they'll spend the next weeks just getting fat... and that widow is getting fat.

I've never grown buds that felt as solid as those do now. I can't imagine what they'll be like in two more weeks. Fat as my arm? Fat as a Beer Can? A Quart Jar? The suspense isn't killing me... but man they look promising!

Back
Top Bottom