Canabinerd's Next Journal - White Widow In Soil

Weekly update:

DSCF71632.JPG
DSCF7164.JPG
DSCF7165.JPG

The widow is coming along and taking to her training. Not sure how much longer I'm gonna veg her, at least a week or two. I'd really like to mostly fill the footprint of my light before I flip. Got some work to do with regards to a flower area, I've got all the equipment including a 160 cfm inline fan with a fan controller and carbon scrubber, but I have to decide whether I'm going to order a small tent or try and convert my current cab into a double decker with the veg cab up top and a flower chamber in the bottom.

Anyway, Chewy seems to be doing fine and the side shoots seem to be picking up the slack for what was lost. Good growing to you all.

Looking great canabinerd,
I was thinking about a double decker as I've gone perpetual, but the risk of a leak into the electric and the short veg area and the hastle of having to stand on a crate to tend to the veg box was all too much. I've got a cardboard box veg cab now without a scrubber as they don't smell much in veg and use my main cab as a flowering box. I'd go for the small veg tent and keep what you got if I were you. But I am a lazy bugger:).

Ok, ordered a 32"X32"X63" tent this morning. So need to go get some PVC to make a screen with, thinking about making the screen 24"x32" so I will have 4" clear on either side for access. Buddy of mine gave me a couple cuts off a Kush plant that I got going now. So I figure I ought to be all set up for a perpetual in the next couple weeks. ZANG! :thumb:

Well it's a good thing that a tent is on the way, cause this widow is filling up my little cabinet quickly. Canopy is 12-16" across depending on where you measure. Little Chewy has pretty much completely recovered from her run in with the dog, still hasn't shown sex but it will in the next couple weeks. Little clones are doing great, I just did them pretty much like I do seedlings because I didn't want to pull out my bubble cloner. I cut them 4 days ago and they really haven't even drooped that much, so I'm happy about that. Anyway, here's the update.

DSCF7167.JPG

DSCF71661.JPG

The more I think about it, I think I'm gonna need to do this as a two plant scrog as my veg cabinet is just not big enough to veg a plant canopy much bigger than 18". So, I think I'm shooting for putting a new plant in that is vegged as big as I can get it every 4-6 weeks and harvest every 4-6 weeks.

By the way, I've been meaning to ask you Dutchy, with your indica dominant strains, about what percentage of your screen do you like to have filled when you first flip to 12/12?

I wait till the screen is about half filled before I flip, and then train under the screen for the stretch. You can go more, but the buds will then cast shadow a little, and when they are not trained under the screen the stretch is mega.

Thanks Dutchy.

Well, went to the hippy store last night and got a couple 5 gallon smart pots and a new bag of FFOF. Spent the morning mixing up a new batch of soil and transplanting the widow into one of the 5 gal pots.

So to any of you who have not yet tried it yet, transplanting from smart pots is a pain in the ass. So after multiple attempts, this is what I came up with. Take a large container, one large enough to put a 5 gallon bucket in (I used a 20 gallon rope tub) upside down. Place plant in smart pot on upside down bucket and slowly turn the smart pot inside out and work it down the sides, then you can peel the bottom off and put the root ball in your new tub.

Anyway, tent should be here by Monday, so things ought to start happening here soon.

Weekly update:

Well, the tent isn't here yet, but it will likely show up this evening. Fortunately, I don't have much going on tomorrow so I will almost certainly have everything mostly up and running by tomorrow evening. Widow is really picking up in its growth rate and the secondary shoots are really starting to go. Right now, my biggest concern is how much this girly is going to stretch once I flip which thankfully will be in the next 24-48 hours.

Chewy is getting ready to start being trained soon, I've been a little more aggressive with my FIMing and have already done so twice. Also, will transplant up to a 3 gallon in the next week and I would expect it to show sex during that time.

I was curious and took a peek at the Kush clones today and both had roots popping through, so :high-five:. I am a bit concerned that they haven't quite perked up yet, hopefully in the next couple of days they will so I can put em' in soil and then take a couple cuttings from the widow.

Anyway, picture time.
DSCF7169.JPG

DSCF7172.JPG

Sounds like your all tooled up and ready to go:). It sounds like Christmas came early for you and your green family. Good luck setting it up. She is a fine looking specimen, looks like a scrogger.

Hell yeah LA, things are gonna start happening fast now.

So I transplanted the Kush clones this morning, I cloned them in pretty much the same fashion as I do seedlings just a solo cup with a clear plastic juice cup over the top filled with hydroton. Only difference is of course clonex and I make a little slit with a #11 blade to poke the stem into after it's dipped. You can also tape the clear cup on a little lopsided to vent as they get older. I know it's not a groundbreaking technique or anything, but it is nice to be able to do one or two clones or seeds at a time without breaking out a clone-dome or cloning machine. And it does seem to work pretty well.

DSCF7177.JPG

So gotta make a run to the hardware store to pick up some more pvc to finish the legs of my screen and the widow is ready for a water. I'm contemplating flushing her down and giving her a transitional feed tonight, I'm wondering if I'm seeing some early signs of a calcium deficiency and she's only gotten one light feeding a couple weeks ago. So I think it's time. But she's officially been flipped and is currently getting her first 12 hour sleep. Temps have been holding steady at 75-77 degrees with lights on and drop to 64 with lights off so I'm real happy with that. Anyway I'll post some pictures once I get the screen all installed.

Back
Top Bottom