Canabinerd's Next Journal - White Widow In Soil

Re: Canabinerd's next journal; Nirvana's White Widow in soil.

That's some great looking bounty you have there! you earned it if the whole pound is trimmed up as nice as that! Look forward to watching this grow, I have a couple from seed a little behind you that ill be placing under a 400w hps. Will be watching for ideas for scrog if you don't mind. Good luck:thumb:

You are of course welcome Padox, but I'm certainly not the king of scrog. You might check out DutchDragon's grow's for idea's on a scrog grow, I'm gonna build a screen for this one, but it will be my maiden voyage.

It was a haul on the trimming, There were two brown paper grocery bags plum full of fan leaves and one full of trim and popcorn gonna be some primo hash and I'm gonna get a lot of the hash since I happen to be the only one that has bags and knows how to use them.

So to complete the germ/seedling method I use, time for transplant. The reason I like the hydroton, is because it allows the roots to grow outward rather than lying right up against the rooter like if you used a propagation tray. Note: hold the rooter and pour out the hydroton rather than pulling the rooter out of the hydroton so as to avoid damaging those delicate little roots.
DSCF71523.JPG

DSCF7154.JPG

Hello Canabinerd looks like the makings of nice little grow.. Subbed.

Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my question in FAQ's section. I was leaning toward my A/C unit as the culprit with some ozone damage to the plants in the immediate vicinity of the generator, although rare, it seemed like that might be why it was only effecting the plants right next to the Unit. I have since rearranged my room and given the ac unit a 3ft berth of open space and since I only use it to dehumidify I have since set it on a cycle of 1 hr on every other hour whilst lights are energized and for one hour to keep the room above 70 during the lights out cycle as I am in flower now.

Your diagnosis is a sound one as I did have some issue with my plants touching to much and had some moisture build up on the leaves of the plants that where to close to one another. I am hoping it is just a water burn.

Good Growing and look forward to your single plant scrog . :Namaste:

Well not much to report. Transplanted the G13XSkunk#1 into a 1 gallon pot today. The WW is vegging well, had a bit of a pH problem which caused some of the lower leaves to get some black spots on them seem to have it under control though. Not really feeling the need to take a bunch of pictures in veg, I'll probably take one in a week or two once the LST is well underway.

Topped the G13XSkunk#1 today. It's on it's 7th set of true leaves and seems happy as can be. Tied a couple more shoots down today on the WW, it's starting to shape up enough I might actually post a picture soon. Canopy is about 10" high and 10" in diameter right now. I think I'm gonna set up my HPS about 10" off the floor and take a look at the footprint so I have something to shoot for as far as what dimensions I want my canopy to be before I flip.

Pets are buggers for eating plants for sure, but a lot of people swear by a good defol:). She will indeed grow them leaves back in less than a week and the lower bud sites will benefit from the extra light, so its not all bad my friend.

So here's some pics of the damage/progress. First off Chewy (the G13XSkunk #1 that was trashed by my dog). I'm not usually one for naming my plants, but in this case it seems appropriate.
DSCF71622.JPG

Then the white widow, my pup only managed to tip a couple leaflets here and there so she's doing fine. Just continuing to train her out, just started working some nutrients in and she seems to be taking it well. For some reason, this seems to be a bit of a slower growing plant than anything I've grown before. But that may be just because I really don't have anything else going right now, so I gotta wait until she's ready to flower before I try out my new HPS. Anyway, here she is.
DSCF7158.JPG

Thanks for the input KJC, but I really like how they veg under my fluorescents. They get nice and bushy with tight internodal space. And to be honest, besides stretching more, I don't think they grow significantly faster under hps, all other things being equal. Also, I am planning on making this into a perpetual grow. So I'm just gonna start putting something in veg every 6-10 weeks.

Let me correct my earlier statement (before someone calls me on my B.S.) and say that I don't believe that HPS makes a significant difference in vegetative growth, other than height which if you're growing indoors is not really a plus. Flower is a different story, and that's why I bought the HPS.

Back
Top Bottom