HashGirl Grows Runtz Punch & Sugar Black Rose Sponsored By Herbie's

They're the only plants I have currently that I can use Neem spray on since I'm planning on putting my Pineapple Expresses and Blue Dream into flower this week.
You can use the neem right thru the first week or two of flower. Just not on anything with pistils, and certainly nothing with trichomes as they dissolve in oils, and no one wants to use neem oils for meds. Yuk! ;)

I think I’d also like to give the PE and BD one more good soaking of neem before they get into the flower stage also.

Your Runtz Punch and Sugar Black Rose are looking all blithe with their new grommets.:)
And your training is going very good. I think you have some good ones going on here.

You can use the neem right thru the first week or two of flower. Just not on anything with pistils, and certainly nothing with trichomes as they dissolve in oils, and no one wants to use neem oils for meds. Yuk! ;)

Azi beat me to it!

Because I thought it was too close to flower, I've sprayed the BD and PEs with the ISO solution instead. Do you want me to spray neem once more before flipping them? They were sprayed with the ISO solution twice this week.

Your Runtz Punch and Sugar Black Rose are looking all blithe with their new grommets.:)
And your training is going very good. I think you have some good ones going on here.

Thank you, Nev.

Funny thing about the grommets. I bought one 5-gallon fabric pot with grommets to try out but I decided I didn't like them for 2 reasons:

1. It's harder to feed them when I have to fit the spout between the pipe cleaners.
  2. And, when I did water it, the medium floated out the holes.
So, I decided not to buy any more.

However, I needed 4 new 5-gallon pots, risers and pans recently and Felonious went and bought them for me and he brought home the 5-gallon pots with grommets. :laughtwo: To be fair, he thought I would like them.

In the meantime, I am using them but I'm only using the grommets when it makes sense and I'm not filling the pots as full so that the medium doesn't float out of the holes.

I use neem right up until I see the start of pistils, so yes. And after flipping as well like Azi mentioned.
What he said. ^^^

Up to you of course. It's your grow, but there are a few more opportunities to use it and I think it would be more effective than the iso spray.

*** Weekly Update ***

Good afternoon.

The only highlight this week is that I moved the Sugar Black Rose clone to a Solo cup. I still have it covered with a clear container as I wasn't sure when it should be removed. I also want to know when I should up-pot it and should I up-pot to its final container since it's the same age as the other ones or progressively the way I normally do, i.e. Solo cup to 1-gallon to 5-gallon?

Here are this week's pics:

Photo 1 - 420 Info.jpg

RP1 - Day 52:

RP1a.jpeg

RP1b.jpeg

RP2 - Day 52:

RP2a.jpeg

RP2b.jpeg

SBR - Day 52:

SBRa.jpeg

SBRb.jpeg

SBR-Clone - Day 52 (18):

SBR-Ca.jpeg

SBR-Cb.jpeg

SBR-Cc.jpeg

And, that's it. Thanks for following along. Looking forward to getting clone tips from you.

Is there anything holding that plastic cup off of the leaves? It looks like it is resting right on them which is no bueno. If not, put a few bamboo skewers or something to hold up the lid. The plastic touching the leaves can invite mold and other nasties that you don't want on or near your plants. If you have a quart container like a yogurt tub, that will be tall enough to put the blue cup in and the clear plastic dome will probably match up with the rim of the quart container. A cup within a cup greenhouse. That's what I often use for mine.

Also, you will want to harden that thing off so it doesn't get used the the warm, kushy environment of a mini-greenhouse. I usually only have an unvented dome covering it for the first day or two at most. Then I ween it off over the next few days, depending on the localized humidity. I want it completely open to the air by the end of the first week or so, and ideally after the first three or four days.

If I doesn't wilt when you take the cover off it is good to go to stand on its own. If it does, put the dome back on and then gradually expose it to the open air for longer periods each day.

You want to encourage it to put on roots to get the moisture it needs rather than being able to take it in thru the leaves.

It's been uncovered since Azi suggested it. How do I know when to uppot it given that it's already spilling over the sides of the Solo?

It's been uncovered since Azi suggested it. How do I know when to uppot it given that it's already spilling over the sides of the Solo?
When it comes to my clones, I base my uppot on new growth.

I’m not water focussed when it comes to my garden or tent. I’m new growth focussed.

How do I know when to uppot it given that it's already spilling over the sides of the Solo?

Same way as the rest: when it needs water almost every day.
This ^^

I'm hoping we can dispell the concept of "repotting when the leaves get to the edge of the pot." That often leads to putting the plant in a container that's too big for the size of the roots. It's not even a root ball at that point, and it's really easy to overwater in the next pot if you don't have decent roots going in.

This ^^

I'm hoping we can dispell the concept of "repotting when the leaves get to the edge of the pot." That often leads to putting the plant in a container that's too big for the size of the roots. It's not even a root ball at that point, and it's really easy to overwater in the next pot if you don't have decent roots going in.
This ^^

I am not sure who “we” is, I just speak for me lol. I think if a basic grow concept works, all is good in the world. No need to try and dispel. I personally base my uppot on growth, it’s not the way you uppot and that’s totes ok.

There are 100 ways to skin a cat (not that anyone should be skinning cats). If your “concept” works for you, and you are happy with the results, big win.

:)

HashGirl your training program is coming along great. Your doing a good job and the plants are so much more manageable for me. I enjoy fiddling and training the plants.

Your clone is going great and you will be self sufficient in no time.:)

I'm sure your method works for you and there are definitely lots of ways to figure it out, but I'm not sure "based on new growth" is as easy a rule to follow as "when it needs water almost every day."
I actually didn’t reply to create debate, but here we are lol.

Hashgirl asked a question and I answered based on my experience and rationale. My experience and rationale just happens to be different to yours. I do hope that’s okay ;)

As far as following rules, that’s the beauty, Shed - we are growing weed here. You can experiment and create your own rules/style. The only real hard and fast rule I can think of is learn by your mistakes and don’t kill her…. till you’re absolutely ready.

Back
Top Bottom