Heirlooms' Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow

re: Heirlooms' Hashplant Haze Hydro Perpetual Grow

Duck!!! ^^^

:peace:

Hey, good morning Xlr8! What's up is today is day 7/28 for my girls in flower. My outdoor Grapefruit is bulking up the buds, My outdoor Blue Dream is shooting and filling out like crazy.

Today is update day! I'm about to go around and start taking pics. I can't get in the flower room until 7:45 tonight (PDT) so update will be after 8pm.

Since there is a lot going on, I will break it up into two posts. First I will get the non-perpetual stuff out of the way.

First up is my Blue Dream. I am letting this go to flower since I took 3 successful healthy clones. 1 Gal smart pot, pro-mix bx and BPN 2 part. Following the schedule. Right now it is in the transition phase

Next up is a Hashplant Haze in a GiGapot. Not sure the size of the waste can, but I would say around 10L. I think the mesh is a little large in this, but it is holding together. Just have to make sure there is no wash out during watering. Also, GiGapots outdoor dry freaking fast so if you go this route be prepared to water twice a day on the hottest driest days. Another thing is I wouldn't use coco if you go with a GiGapot outdoors. That would dry way too fast. I'm bowing out of the GiGapot and going to stick with my Smart(er) Pot since I want to do Coco outdoors.
This girl is a transplant from my RDWC. She was the odd girl out on the last move up. She had 24" roots and no way they were coming out of the 3" net pot, so into the GiGapot with pro-mix bx it went, nettie and all. No room indoors for it at the moment, so it's an outdoor now. And it's thriving! Letting it go to flower too. I just fed it 12/12/2ml/gallon of BPN 2 part plus bloom booster, the 'crazy growth'.

Here is my survivor Grapefruit, she's bulking up! An Animal got to it and another Hashplant Haze last night, took a little stem off each with buds. Not bad, but still sucks. The HPH bud wasn't worth saving, but the Grapefruit is trimmed and drying now. Bastard animals. I keeeeeell you! (Achmed the dead terrorist)

Now we have the 3 Blue Dream clones I took. These are in 1/2 gallon smart(er) pots with coco. I am trying out a new lighting regime. I'm doing Gas Lantern Routine, but out in the Sun for as many hours as I can get per day (right now I do 7am to 6:45pm) then bring them in under 4 100w equivalent CFL's to finish the 12hr period and for the 1 hour in the middle of the night. I know this is not for everyone, but I could see someone like QueenTokeLove with a balcony garden making this work. I really want to make it so I can utilize all the full sun hours possible and only supplement with electric lighting. I think the plants might do a little better with the Sun light, especially hydro in coco. Ultimately I am working on a purpose built greenhouse with automated covers so I don't have to move plants around. The cover retracts at 7am (full Sun through out the year) and on a monthly schedule for the evening covering. From November through the beginning of March (went we do the daylight 'savings' thing) they will get supplemental lighting for 3 hours from 4pm until 7pm. Anyhow, just something I'm trying. Obviously the plants love the sun. No better lighting. And it's free!

This tray has 4 HPH in 1/2 gallon smart(er) pots of Pro-mix bx and one Grapefruit cutting in a 1 gallon Smart Pot with Pro-mix as well. These are on my Sun/GLR routine too.

And last we have 2 HPH in 1/2gal smarter pots of coco. Also on Sun/GLR

A pic of the Sun/GLR family.

And a couple pics of my mini hoop house. $50ish total. 2x3's, 1x2's, screws, wire, 3/4" PVC (make sure it's schedule 40, trust me) and cheap cover (6mil painters plastic). I will invest in a 4 year 92% film, but I just wanted to put something on until then.

What do you all think??

Later this evening I will update the perpetual. Stay tuned!!!

very nice mate, well done, im loving your take on the glr, im not sure if anyone has tried it out doors in years,

glr came about many years ago, the first people who found out about this schedule was out door growers back in the day, they found out that when they used a gas lantern in the night to check on the plants and make sure nothing is eating that the plants would not go into flower, so they found out that if they walked around their plants in the middle of the dark period with a light then they would not go into flower, they also found out that the plants grew quicker and stayed in veg, so the glr has come about because of that, so will be interesting to see how it used to work when done out doors,

be interesting to see the results, would be good if we could do a side by side of glr and something like 18-6, id like to do a big set up and compare the schedules but till i start earning money from my new job its just not possible, but i will be running tests with autos and lighting schedules,

Cool thanks for the back ground. The name makes sense now. I never really researched it much. I would like to do a GLR, 18 and 24 side by side. Simply not enough lights and rooms right now to do it.

Thanks for stopping in DP!!

i did run tests for a couple of weeks, i did glr 20-4 and 24-0, now i found that from seeds their was not much in it in the first week, but after the 1st week to 10 days glr was in the lead, and 24-0 and 20-4 was about the same, but when i ran the tests with clones then glr came out on top from day 1, but i only ran my test for around 10 days as i did not have the room to have 3 seperate veg grows and my flower room running, but i will be running some tests when i start getting a regular wage, just need the equipment and ill be running tests with autos and none auto plants using glr vs other schedules, i also want to try autos at different temps, i want to try this as where ruderalis grows its pretty damn cold and they even survive frost and snow in russia as far as i can tell, so if they grow well at cool temps then it might be why we are only getting small yields, i know the 2 autos i got now curl the leaves up when its to warm but the other plants prefer the hotter temps, so clearly the autos struggle in high temp

Looking great over here!!!!

woohoo caught up =D
i never really did look into smart pots till you started experimenting, turns out they both do exactly the same thing, lol...

with my GiGapots the key is vermiculite, doesnt matter if your using soil, coconut hair or hydroton you need vermi to retain the water deep in the soil and this then wickes out to the outer rim over time rather than all evaporating at once, vermiculite also holds nutes.

Im currently running an experiment using a gigapot with ONLY vermiculite as the growing medium...we shall see how that goes ;)

only managed to add 1 rep during my catch up, i owe you at least 2 lol, but at least my rep power is rising so it counts for more now than when i was a newb ;)

@CanuckGal sorry hon but you can expect that link to be removed, were not allowed to reference the competition in here. =(

Since there is a lot going on, I will break it up into two posts. First I will get the non-perpetual stuff out of the way.

First up is my Blue Dream. I am letting this go to flower since I took 3 successful healthy clones. 1 Gal smart pot, pro-mix bx and BPN 2 part. Following the schedule. Right now it is in the transition phase

Next up is a Hashplant Haze in a GiGapot. Not sure the size of the waste can, but I would say around 10L. I think the mesh is a little large in this, but it is holding together. Just have to make sure there is no wash out during watering. Also, GiGapots outdoor dry freaking fast so if you go this route be prepared to water twice a day on the hottest driest days. Another thing is I wouldn't use coco if you go with a GiGapot outdoors. That would dry way too fast. I'm bowing out of the GiGapot and going to stick with my Smart(er) Pot since I want to do Coco outdoors.
This girl is a transplant from my RDWC. She was the odd girl out on the last move up. She had 24" roots and no way they were coming out of the 3" net pot, so into the GiGapot with pro-mix bx it went, nettie and all. No room indoors for it at the moment, so it's an outdoor now. And it's thriving! Letting it go to flower too. I just fed it 12/12/2ml/gallon of BPN 2 part plus bloom booster, the 'crazy growth'.

Here is my survivor Grapefruit, she's bulking up! An Animal got to it and another Hashplant Haze last night, took a little stem off each with buds. Not bad, but still sucks. The HPH bud wasn't worth saving, but the Grapefruit is trimmed and drying now. Bastard animals. I keeeeeell you! (Achmed the dead terrorist)

Now we have the 3 Blue Dream clones I took. These are in 1/2 gallon smart(er) pots with coco. I am trying out a new lighting regime. I'm doing Gas Lantern Routine, but out in the Sun for as many hours as I can get per day (right now I do 7am to 6:45pm) then bring them in under 4 100w equivalent CFL's to finish the 12hr period and for the 1 hour in the middle of the night. I know this is not for everyone, but I could see someone like QueenTokeLove with a balcony garden making this work. I really want to make it so I can utilize all the full sun hours possible and only supplement with electric lighting. I think the plants might do a little better with the Sun light, especially hydro in coco. Ultimately I am working on a purpose built greenhouse with automated covers so I don't have to move plants around. The cover retracts at 7am (full Sun through out the year) and on a monthly schedule for the evening covering. From November through the beginning of March (went we do the daylight 'savings' thing) they will get supplemental lighting for 3 hours from 4pm until 7pm. Anyhow, just something I'm trying. Obviously the plants love the sun. No better lighting. And it's free!

This tray has 4 HPH in 1/2 gallon smart(er) pots of Pro-mix bx and one Grapefruit cutting in a 1 gallon Smart Pot with Pro-mix as well. These are on my Sun/GLR routine too.

And last we have 2 HPH in 1/2gal smarter pots of coco. Also on Sun/GLR

A pic of the Sun/GLR family.

And a couple pics of my mini hoop house. $50ish total. 2x3's, 1x2's, screws, wire, 3/4" PVC (make sure it's schedule 40, trust me) and cheap cover (6mil painters plastic). I will invest in a 4 year 92% film, but I just wanted to put something on until then.

What do you all think??

Later this evening I will update the perpetual. Stay tuned!!!

These pictures were quickly banished to the previous page, so I'm bumping them up. These are great looking pictures and plants! :goodjob:

OK, A little longer than an hour. Had uploading issues. Some 403 too large crap.

Anyhow, Day 7/28 in the flower room. I'm going to be putting the second screen in this week for the Day 7's.

Here is a link back to the post that contains all the perpetual info, nute recipes etc. so anyone can see what the current stats are.

Here's the Veg area. I had a fatality....

:yikes:

And of course it was my fault

:bigblush:

I was messing around in the res area and managed to kink the feed line from the pump to Veg 3 (next to last pic). The chambers drained. I have no idea how long it was, but the smallest one with the least root development couldn't take it. Oh well, live and learn. I can nearly fill the screen with two, clearly.

Looking great to me!

Back
Top Bottom