Hello from NC

moppie

Hello! I am new to the site and looking forward to learning more about how I can help to get legalization for medical marijuana use in the state of North Carolina. To date I have sent letters to my representatives asking that they at least agree to discuss the possibilities of research for the benefits of medical marijuana and have also signed petition asking for the DEA to remove marijuana from the Schedule 1 drug list. I have been a smoker for 44 years. In the beginning it was strictly recreational, however, as I have aged I have realized the medical benefits I have received by smoking it. I have restless legs syndrome and have terrible problems when trying to sleep. I found that when I smoked a little when I was having problems the pain would subside and I could finally fall asleep. It also helps with minor muscular pain as well. I also have copd and would rather be using cannabis oil rather than smoking it because I fear that smoking it is making the copd worse. But, since it is still illegal in my state I cannot afford to make my own oil. My sister has recently been diagnosed with stage 3b lung cancer and has gone through chemo and radiation. I would love to see legalization of medical marijuana come to pass before it it too late for her. She refuses to use it in any form as long as it is illegal.

:welcome: moppie to :420: where all the growers and friends hang out. I belong to MPP, but there are several excellent organizations to belong to that work very hard toward legalization. My wife and I are activists. She has RLS also.

You could make your own oil if you grew your own. But not everyone is able to do that or even wants to do that. If you choose to grow here is a link to help you get started How to Grow Marijuana with your grow. And posting pictures Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos is a good thing so that folks can see to help you.

On the medical side of things we have MEDICAL MARIJUANA with some helpful threads to look at and chat with people about your conditions.

There are a lot of wonderful friendly helpful people with a lot of knowledge to share on this site. If you have any questions feel free to ask. :peace: :Namaste:

:ciao: moppie, and :welcome: to the great community here at :420:
I love your state! I used to live in Charlotte. I really miss it too.

I did want to add a couple of things that you can read through here, first is the Legal Actions threads where you can find info on activism and such:
420 LEGAL ACTION

And checking the Latest news threads here is quick way to see what's happening with International news on Cannabis and Medical Marijuana news posted about each state as they come up:

International Cannabis News

Medical Marijuana News

Great job that you are working so hard to legalize and stop the insane laws against this! :circle-of-love:

Hello! I am new to the site and looking forward to learning more about how I can help to get legalization for medical marijuana use in the state of North Carolina. To date I have sent letters to my representatives asking that they at least agree to discuss the possibilities of research for the benefits of medical marijuana and have also signed petition asking for the DEA to remove marijuana from the Schedule 1 drug list. I have been a smoker for 44 years. In the beginning it was strictly recreational, however, as I have aged I have realized the medical benefits I have received by smoking it. I have restless legs syndrome and have terrible problems when trying to sleep. I found that when I smoked a little when I was having problems the pain would subside and I could finally fall asleep. It also helps with minor muscular pain as well. I also have copd and would rather be using cannabis oil rather than smoking it because I fear that smoking it is making the copd worse. But, since it is still illegal in my state I cannot afford to make my own oil. My sister has recently been diagnosed with stage 3b lung cancer and has gone through chemo and radiation. I would love to see legalization of medical marijuana come to pass before it it too late for her. She refuses to use it in any form as long as it is illegal.

:welcome: You chose the right site to learn & share, Cannafan might have some butter tips for you. I just got a cannabutter machine in the mail, can't wait to use it. It is called MB2 and I think you can get a discount thru 420 sponsor, here is the one I just got. Enjoy the sight and best of luck in your quest.
P40565781.jpg

HI moppie,
Just a thought here. Have you considered vaping instead of smoking cannabis? It's much less harsh on the lungs than smoking it, and it's becoming increasingly popular. I don't smoke it either because it's too harsh for me, but I have purchased a vaporizer and I use that at night now when I don't have any edibles handy.
You might check into that, ask around or do a search on this site for vaporizers. There are some sponsors here that sell them and I'm sure they would be happy to answer any questions you have.
Here's a sponsors link for you, if you want to check it out:

Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE ®

Also, edibles is a great way to get your meds in without smoking it all. Edibles take longer to get to your system, but they work just as well. Cannabutter and Cannabis infused oil can be used in so many recipes. Anything that calls for butter or oil. I do a LOT of cannabis recipes, caramels..cookies...brownies...sweet or savory dishes and drinks. You might check out the edibles thread to see the variety of things you can accomplish.
Cannabis Edibles
Hope this helps some, maybe your sister would be more apt to try a cookie or a brownie than smoking it.
Take care
:circle-of-love:

Hi Moppie, n00b grower myself but not new to cannabutter :) I've made plenty of yummy treats in the past and I'm looking forward to trying out some of cannafan's recipe's in futute. Welcome aboard!

:peace:PM

Back
Top Bottom