Hello from Va

Is the darkening of the edges a normal thing for all strains or only for certain ones? I'm just curious of what to expect in my next grow. I did realize leaves would be dying off in the later stages, but these leaves that are dying are on the buds. Than again she doesn't have any leaves elsewhere...so it may be normal.. Any how, I pulled a bud off her to sample...pretty good, but better when dried and cured. My first grow with cfls so I'm not sure what kind of yield to expect but looks like .5 to .75 Oz. I will consider it a success anyhow, at best I've kept her alive.

I'm seriously eyeing the mars hydra on eBay (old model 300w) thinking that with cfls will increase the yield or at least tighten up the buds. I'm a poor guy so getting anything better would be hard. Anyone with experience or thoughts...jump in.

Sent from my XT1080 using 420

Purpling is very strain specific and enhanced with low night temperatures.

I think that this plant looks fantastic for a CFL grow. Impressive. I also think those old style Marshydro lights are the best led deal going right now. I am broke for the moment but plan on getting some for myself for supplemental lighting or veg. I think it would be great for you at a very good price.

Thanks for the compliment and the info. I think I will have to take your suggestion regarding the led light.

As for the plant....I really thought she was sick due to the leaves dying off. Thanks for clearing that up.

Well....I did it. Purchased the led light along with some perlite and earth juice cal-mag. A grow tent is next on the list. Not bad...less than $80.00 total, just $20 more than what I would normally dish out for an 8th. I call it "investing".....lol.
Growing is actually really enjoyable....I'm glad I got into it. Nevertheless, thank goodness for 420Mag. I would be lost in sea of turd otherwise.

Well....I did it. Purchased the led light along with some perlite and earth juice cal-mag. A grow tent is next on the list. Not bad...less than $80.00 total, just $20 more than what I would normally dish out for an 8th. I call it "investing".....lol.
Growing is actually really enjoyable....I'm glad I got into it. Nevertheless, thank goodness for 420Mag. I would be lost in sea of turd otherwise.

That's how I've been doing my math as well, only I buy O's at at time. So the thought becomes "ok, this light is the same as two months worth of purchases, if it lasts two years I'm making money off it."

:high-five:

Hi mellow! Yes....you are correct. The guitar is one of the two things I love....the other is the reason I'm here. Been playing for 35+ years now. Play everything from Rock to Blues....never made money off it, but it's always kept me sane.
SoundClick artist: Axplayer - page with MP3 music downloads
Some samples of my junk....if you're interested.

As I stated, the current grow is my first attempt and done half heartedly....no planning at all. Even though the plant hasn't died, I will not consider this my first real grow. I'm getting supplies for the next and will try to keep a journal. At least this time around, I will have an idea of what to expect.

It's time to flush this plant! Can I just place it outside? It's 67 degrees going up to 74 and sprinkling. Record highs for my area, Northern Va. I am thinking about leaving her outside and allowing Mother Nature to take care of the flush overnight than 48 hrs of darkness.

What else should I do? I've heard of people pricking, sticking, and nicking the steams. True? I just feel bad about hurting the plant....it my first :phew: I did watch a video of someone drilling the trunk of the plant ... talk about xtreme gardening
:laugh:

IMG_20151224_081527506_HDR.jpg

View image in gallery

Hi mellow! Yes....you are correct. The guitar is one of the two things I love....the other is the reason I'm here. Been playing for 35+ years now. Play everything from Rock to Blues....never made money off it, but it's always kept me sane.
SoundClick artist: Axplayer - page with MP3 music downloads
Some samples of my junk....if you're interested.

As I stated, the current grow is my first attempt and done half heartedly....no planning at all. Even though the plant hasn't died, I will not consider this my first real grow. I'm getting supplies for the next and will try to keep a journal. At least this time around, I will have an idea of what to expect.

Be careful of taking a rain wet plant and plunging her into darkness for 48 hours. It's a recipe for mold and I don't want you to lose your nuggs!

Aww...thanks for bringing that point up. It has been very cool and dry lately with Rh around 40% but we have a few days of rain forecasted so humidity will be certainly be high. And it's not even raining anymore. I'll flush her like a normal person. I won't be adjusting the Ph levels unless someone says otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom