Help out a first timer - Something's wrong

Yeah toss the foil. No need for it and it's probably heating up and drying out your root zone more than anything else. You aren't really giving it any macro nutrients other than the small amount of N from the worm castings in the soil. But that's probably used up by now. I would top it with some good quality compost or start using a line of nutrients with NPK's

woah, part of the convo has gone missing.
The thread separates into different pages to make it easier to navigate.

Minerals in tap water are usually OK. If the water has chlorine - not so much. That's easy to fix by letting the water sit out for a day, or so. Some mineral water has sodium in it (sodium & potassium = electrolytes). Added sodium is rarely a good idea. Check your mineral water bottle for sodium level.

Depending on your soil mix, it could be too acid. I don't see anything added to it to adjust PH or buffer it. Peat moss is acidic and I don't think the other stuff is correcting that (I don't do coco, so...). Regardless, I'm still thinking it is a nutrient/PH issue.

have been looking for natural or homemade ways to lower ph but havent found anything helpful.

lemon or lime juice works pretty well in soil, it seems to wear out fast in hydro.
Phosphoric acid is better for hydro.

Pelletized sulfur (Sulfur prill) can drop soil pH too when you top dress it. It's used to drop the pH of soils that are very high in mineral content, which can cause a high pH that is very stubborn and won't drop easily.

no distilled water here other than the industrial grade. fancy distilled water costs a ton here, Nestle is generally accepted as the best drinking water in the country. i use a mix of tap water and mineral water which i let sit for a while.

since you guys know what stage my plant is in, what nutes do you recommend, NPk 20-20-20 or something low in N.

iwltfum i hear lemon or lime juice takes one year to break up and may disrupt the ph of soil for a long time. plus i have read to use one drop in 500 ml.

iwltfum i hear lemon or lime juice takes one year to break up and may disrupt the ph of soil for a long time. plus i have read to use one drop in 500 ml.

I've been using lemon juice in my organic soil plants for years. Works great. If you have a decent soil structure complete with lots of beneficial microbes, then there's no way a particle of lemon from some lemon juice could take up to a year to break up. Maybe more like 4-6weeks at the longest.

EDIT: You're right. You won't need very much in distilled water, but if your mixing it with your nutrients, then you will need more. If these types of things are so hard to find in your country, will you be able to find a pH test kit or pen?

thanks, i suspected the ph might be higher will add one to two drops in a liter and see how it goes from there. no advice on whether i should use nutes which are high in N or in P,K

thanks, i suspected the ph might be higher will add one to two drops in a liter and see how it goes from there. no advice on whether i should use nutes which are high in N or in P,K

Personally I'm very skeptical you need to lower PH any. Since you can't measure your runoff, you'll have to make your best guess.
So you have not been adding any macro nutrients so far? If so, that explains a lot. I have no idea what your garden soil is like or how much of your mix it makes up, but if you haven't been feeding with some N-P-K, I'm pretty sure that's one of the problems. Cannabis is a heavy feeder. Any balanced fert' will be an improvement if you can't get something designed for our crop. 5-5-5 or 20-20-20 is all the same, it just means you use more or less of it. For veg I prefer more of the nitrate form of mitrogen. In bloom I try for some ammonia/urea source of nitrogen. You could fine tune the N-P-K but anything will be better than nothing, IMO.

I forgot to add that I also mixed up something which claimed to be organic plant food. It was like black wet soil and mixed it in the soil while the guy told meiI can add more by tilling the top soil and mixing this up. The packaging does not have any details of nutes, just instructions. Il get my hands on some water soluble nutes I saw at the gardening store on Monday. I think the chunk of the hearty portion of the plant food is at the lower level of the pot and the roots havent reached yet.

I get the foil, I just think it's not necessary. It's a simple plant, more we over think things the higher the chances the plant never reaches its potential. I'm guilty too. Think about nature, would nature do that, if not you should have very good info before you mess with nature.

Anyway

I'd get your water worked out, stay away from any fertilizer, organic or other, which doesn't tell you what you're getting, e.g. NPK

Thanks for the input another thing I wanted to ask was that since the plant is so smalland is already showing female preflowers is it too late to move it back to 18/6. I thought of taking clones but if you see my plant you know there's nothing to be cloned.

Vertical Have you seen the size of the plant ? Can I take clones from it at this stage and put them in plain water till they develop roots. The clones will just have one 3 bladed leaf so I'm unsure about how it will grow

Blaz, just give the plant a week to recover then when the side branches
are long enough, take clones and leave the top of plant to grow.

Add a bubbler/air pump to water when cloning in water.

Thanks vertical, will a branch with a single 3 bladed leaf act as a clone or do I need branches with more than 1 leaf on them ( which i don't have )

That plant doesn't look like a good candidate for cloning. A single-leafed stem is not going to clone.
You could put it back to 18/6 but it will take a while for it to get back into veg. You also run the risk of it going hermie on you. It is small enough now that I'd risk it. You won't get much from it as it is right now.

Back
Top Bottom