Jonhayes97

Hi everyone,I'm gonna post a few pics of my plants there 4 differant strains,I can't work out if I'm over watering them or underwatering them,I started them on the 14th of may.everytime I feel them they feel dry so I water them but a few hours later they feel dry again so I can't work it out

Attachments

• IMG_20200601_123445.jpg
    IMG_20200601_123445.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20200601_123436.jpg
    IMG_20200601_123436.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20200601_123417.jpg
    IMG_20200601_123417.jpg
    334.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20200601_123412.jpg
    IMG_20200601_123412.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20200601_123407.jpg
    IMG_20200601_123407.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 36
Welcome to the forum @Jonhayes97 :welcome:

In my sig there's a link for "How to ask for grow support" we need more info,...soil or coco...are you PHing and if so what is it...it's different for soil to hydro/coco :goodluck:

Welcome @Jonhayes97 to :420: .

Click on the link, its a great guide for watering, I suggest a bookmark for rereading it!

In the meantime, the more info you give, the easier itll be for the more experienced growers (that definitely isn't me lol) to help.

Best of luck!!

I'm using soil, and I'm watering them with bottled spring water
What kind of soil? I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest...it depends on what type of soil your using for the proper answers to your questions...the spring water is fine, I use tap water :thumb:

What kind of soil? I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest...it depends on what type of soil your using for the proper answers to your questions...the spring water is fine, I use tap water :thumb:
I'm using j Arthur bowers multi murpose compost,the guy in the shop reckon it's on the same type of quality as miracle grow,ahhr rally?I was using bottled spring water as I read somewhere some tap water might harm the plant depending on the area so I stuck with bottled

You shouldn't plant in straight compost. You need to mix compost with something else like promix or potting soil. 1 part compost to 2 parts mix.

If they are photoperiod plants, get some regular potting soil without time release nutes in it or a cannabis soil like fox farms and repot your girls very gently.
You can pot them a bit deeper and bury the stem. They are a bit stretchy. They probably need more light as well.

You could also mix your compost with something like Pro Mix.

I use just about the easiest combination to grow with.
I use regular Pro Mix and Mega Crop one-part nutrient for my grows.

Is your tap water really bad where you are?

If they are photoperiod plants, get some regular potting soil without time release nutes in it or a cannabis soil like fox farms and repot your girls very gently.
You can pot them a bit deeper and bury the stem. They are a bit stretchy. They probably need more light as well.

You could also mix your compost with something like Pro Mix.

I use just about the easiest combination to grow with.
I use regular Pro Mix and Mega Crop one-part nutrient for my grows.

Is your tap water really bad where you are?
All mine are auto flowering seeds,I have mega crop aswell I got recommended that on here,but ain't it to early to be using nutrients?I read online that they burn the roots?I can't remember the ppm of my tap water,Ile double check it later on

I feed them from sprout. If you are in a really rich soil you may not want to fertilize right away. Take fox farms ocean forest for an example.
It is a well built cannabis soil that you won't have to fertilize immediately. Once the nutrients in the soil are depleated and the plant matures you will want to feed. Since I'm in Pro Mix I can feed immediately. It has no real nutrients added to it. It is also a buffered soil mix so I don't have to pH my nutrient feed.
Fox farms is buffered as well.

I feed them from sprout. If you are in a really rich soil you may not want to fertilize right away. Take fox farms ocean forest for an example.
It is a well built cannabis soil that you won't have to fertilize immediately. Once the nutrients in the soil are depleated and the plant matures you will want to feed. Since I'm in Pro Mix I can feed immediately. It has no real nutrients added to it. It is also a buffered soil mix so I don't have to pH my nutrient feed.
Fox farms is buffered as well.
Oh really?would you suggest putting bytes in then from today?obviously it will be in very minor doses compared to what they recommend?there also in smallish pits till the rooting system gets better,even in the small pots should I be putting in enough water to expect run of?

I would get them into some better soil right away. Don't worry about fertilizing them right now unless you get Pro Mix.
Since they are autos they may go straight into flower. I have transplanted autos before so it can be done but there are no guarantees.

@Jonhayes97 Welcome to :420:
I am growing for the first time too and I've gone through the same issues you are going through. There is a link in my sig "first time growing" Give it a read as we talk about majority of your questions in here.

Also, You can carefully and gently take off the soil fron the roots of the plant. Remix a proper soil and replant it. I did the same to my two soil plants as they were in a wormcasting fert only and I saved them by changing the soil.

I am using MC for fertz as well. Learn from my mistakes as i am ahead of you by few weeks.
Also, Are you using a T5 lighting. If so, Bring it closer to the plant so they don't strech further.

@Jonhayes97 Welcome to :420:
I am growing for the first time too and I've gone through the same issues you are going through. There is a link in my sig "first time growing" Give it a read as we talk about majority of your questions in here.

Also, You can carefully and gently take off the soil fron the roots of the plant. Remix a proper soil and replant it. I did the same to my two soil plants as they were in a wormcasting fert only and I saved them by changing the soil.

I am using MC for fertz as well. Learn from my mistakes as i am ahead of you by few weeks.
Also, Are you using a T5 lighting. If so, Bring it closer to the plant so they don't strech this much.
Ile give it a read thank you,I'm not using any lights I'm going for an outdoor grow so there in the sunlight on a window cil ATM before I transfer them to their final grow pot

What
I would get them into some better soil right away. Don't worry about fertilizing them right now unless you get Pro Mix.
Since they are autos they may go straight into flower. I have transplanted autos before so it can be done but there are no guarantees.
What soil would you suggest?and what measurements would I use if I was to mix my compost with another?

I don';t know about that soil. But if you get ProMix HP and some woormcasting than you are all set. For nuts I use MegaCrop. Also, the reason for the plant being so strachy is beasue of lack of light. Planting it deeper in the soil helps but if its not getting enought light than its going to strech more.

You might want to add an light just to help it for the current stage.

Would this stuff be good for it?
That is compost. You want potting soil. You can mix compost at a 1/3 ratio with potting soil if you wish. The potting soil making up the majority of the mix. Since you have Mega Crop you don't really need it. Mega Crop has everything the plant needs already in it.

Back
Top Bottom