I do agree that they could use more light. They can't transpire without it.
They will just stretch and eventually fall over or get root rot because they are sitting in wet medium unable to drink.

Are your outdoor night temps still too chilly for them?

That is compost. You want potting soil. You can mix compost at a 1/3 ratio with potting soil if you wish. The potting soil making up the majority of the mix. Since you have Mega Crop you don't really need it. Mega Crop has everything the plant needs already in it.
look at that, You learn somethign new everyday. I guess i'll save my woormcastings for when i am browing a tea for the plant

Would that be good stuff then?struggling to find potting soil online haha all that comes up is compost,getting nervous now 2 out of the 4 plants are dropping alot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200601_175652_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200601_175652_com.android.chrome.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 29
I do agree that they could use more light. They can't transpire without it.
They will just stretch and eventually fall over or get root rot because they are sitting in wet medium unable to drink.

Are your outdoor night temps still too chilly for them?
Yeah slightly to chilly I think ATM,I'm gonna start putting them outside in the day time because I get like 13 hours of constant sun in my garden,if the weather stays nice that is just need to be carefull with the wind

look at that, You learn somethign new everyday. I guess i'll save my woormcastings for when i am browing a tea for the plant
I just use straight Pro Mix. I try to keep my cost down as much as possible.
Lots of people do mix compost or worm castings to their soil mixes. Organics can add flavor to the end product.
It all depends on how you want your grow to be run.
I use compost and Pro Mix for my outdoor vegetables. I need a heavier soil to retain moisture outside in full sun.I will supplement with MC once they are bigger. My cannabis plants are indoors and use a lighter soil mix. I can watch them more closely and control their environment. I don't feel the need to add compost indoors, especially with the MC.
You may find that you prefer the taste that mixing worm castings into your soil gives. That is personal preference.

Would that be good stuff then?struggling to find potting soil online haha all that comes up is compost,getting nervous now 2 out of the 4 plants are dropping alot
That is coco coir. It is a hydroponic medium. You can switch to that but you will have to pH your nutrient mixes appropriately for hydroponics. It has no buffers to control pH fluctuations.
Yeah slightly to chilly I think ATM,I'm gonna start putting them outside in the day time because I get like 13 hours of constant sun in my garden,if the weather stays nice that is just need to be carefull with the wind
Read up on hardening off plants to the outdoors. If put into full sun they can burn quickly. You want it to be a gradual move.

Lots of people do mix compost or worm castings to their soil mixes. Organics can add flavor to the end product.
I use compost and Pro Mix for my outdoor vegetables. I need a heavier soil to retain moisture outside in full sun.I will supplement with MC once they are bigger. My cannabis plants are indoors and use a lighter soil mix. I can watch them more closely and control their environment. I don't feel the need to add compost indoors, especially with the MC.
You may find that you prefer the taste that mixing worm castings into your soil gives. That is personal preference.

I actully did not know that. How would you fix the taste. As i really dont want to transplant into a new soil or have that wierd taste. However, I will make sure that the new soil is pure promix hp.

Struggling to find the pro mix in the UK or online

I actully did not know that. How would you fix the taste. As i really dont want to transplant into a new soil or have that wierd taste. However, I will make sure that the new soil is pure promix hp.
Organics tend to give a better tasting product. There is nothing wrong with adding it. You may prefer it to straight Pro mix.

Struggling to find the pro mix in the UK or online,might give that Coco choir a go as that seems to have good reviews
You are in UK. Ok. Let me look and see what I can find.

That is coco coir. It is a hydroponic medium. You can switch to that but you will have to pH your nutrient mixes appropriately for hydroponics. It has no buffers to control pH fluctuations.

Read up on hardening off plants to the outdoors. If put into full sun they can burn quickly. You want it to be a gradual move.
AHH right okay then if I move them outdoors for like the last 4 hours odd of sunlight would that be good?

AHH right okay then if I move them outdoors for like the last 4 hours odd of sunlight would that be good?
I use early morning light when I harden them off. There are many, many articles dedicated to the topic.
I would take some time and do some reading. I spent thousands of hours reading here. There is so much to learn and you do yourself a disservice if you don't put the time in.
I'm getting pressed for time myself. I'm home schooling my kids at the moment.
I'll try to pop back on in a bit.

I use early morning light when I harden them off. There are many, many articles dedicated to the topic.
I would take some time and do some reading. I spent thousands of hours reading here. There is so much to learn and you do yourself a disservice if you don't put the time in.
I'm getting pressed for time myself. I'm home schooling my kids at the moment.
I'll try to pop back on in a bit.
I ordered that mix just hope the plants survive till it comes,I will be researching that thanks alot!no rush take it easy!

Just repotted my plants in the new soil,what's the best way to water them now should I put enough water in for run of or no?also should I put muted in now or leave it?there's still a small amount of normal compost around the root aswell,hopefully.they survive the transfer!!

Just got a light to boost my autos during the night,I planted them mid may,so just over 3 weeks ago,when should I start using nutes? I have mega crop nutrients,also what colour light should I use red,blue or a mix?appreciate the help!

Attachments

• IMG_20200608_221547.jpg
    IMG_20200608_221547.jpg
    731.2 KB · Views: 27
You can start off at 2gr/gallon now.
I've used it with Fox Farms Ocean Forest on seedlings and it didn't burn them.

If you want them to get a little on the stocky side you can use just the blue for a week or two. Most here use full spectrum though.

I would water around the edge of the cup. Get those roots searching for water.
They should feel very light when they are ready to be watered again.

You can start off at 2gr/gallon now.
I've used it with Fox Farms Ocean Forest on seedlings and it didn't burn them.

If you want them to get a little on the stocky side you can use just the blue for a week or two. Most here use full spectrum though.
Ile start the nutes tomorrow then on minor dosages,I've been watering from the bottom lately but gonna start from bottom and the top tomorrow,because there still in the small pots how much fluid would you recommend?and full spectrum is blue and red I take it?

Back
Top Bottom