Help

@Shaggn Thanks man, Ill keep that in mind! I've been trying to stay as consistent as possible! Happy I kept the stragglers alive because they are perfect test subjects!

@Shaggn I watched a YouTube video where the guy rinsed the coco through a strainer removing the finer particles in the coco which he referred to as "coco peat".

What do you think about it? I wasn't a big fan because a lot of the coco I paid for is just washed down the drain. But it does make some sense as to why he does it..

yes you can do it but if you add perlite its not too bad you do not clog up the drainage as much , its best to start with rinsed coco in little pots, but you would need to rinse with low ec and then calmag again , i would rather add extra perlite , saves most of the hassle, my perlite coco goes from 30 percent to 40 percent perlite , i was stuck in three gallons but want 5 gallon coco next run i think i would have done better , i use fabric pots now so drainage is not an issue after transplant from smaller pots , for the small starter pots yes wash the smaller crap out but not the whole bag , things are pricey enough :thumb:

:goodluck:

P1120139 - Copy.JPG

I rinsed my coco the first time as I was unsure. Never done it since and I go through a lot of it now. I'm now situated to re-use my coco. I'm looking forward to this. I buy Canna coco bricks. Haven't had any major issues that I can recall, at the moment...

best temps for growing in coco , in the root zone is 18c to 22 c so ive ordered fish tank temp gauge for a couple of pound each and a deep meat probe to see what the roots zone is like , just out of curiosity lol

they will be fed the right temps and i want to see what temp my room should be to keep the roots at the best temps throughout , i know i dig in a bit deep , but sure why not lock down is boring :laugh:

@NuttyProfessor okay that makes sense, I may have went a little overboard washing away the smaller particles especially since the autos went straight into their final 3 gallon pots then. I am going to repot the other ones in 1 gallon pots once the new coco comes (I am out now anyway) and will add more perlite and see how it goes. I do feel that washing it away seems to be helping the top dry out faster which should help keep algae and fungus gnats away.

I am no expert, and I grow in soil not coco, but this looks very much like when I over fed my seedlings last year.

My seedlings were a little bigger than the one in your photo. They probably had 3-4 true leave sets and were about 4 inches tall. They were looking spectacular and I applied Dr Earth Liquid Gold ferts as directed. My heart sank as they all began to wilt. Putting 2 + 2 together, I figured the nutes were at fault so I tried flushing them. I only managed to save less than half, so my hard learned lesson was NO NUTES until they are 4 weeks old AT LEAST. This works when using a nutrient and ph balanced soil as a base but I think you need to do a bit more research on how to handle this with coco.

Best of luck in saving those ladies

I am no expert, and I grow in soil not coco, but this looks very much like when I over fed my seedlings last year.

My seedlings were a little bigger than the one in your photo. They probably had 3-4 true leave sets and were about 4 inches tall. They were looking spectacular and I applied Dr Earth Liquid Gold ferts as directed. My heart sank as they all began to wilt. Putting 2 + 2 together, I figured the nutes were at fault so I tried flushing them. I only managed to save less than half, so my hard learned lesson was NO NUTES until they are 4 weeks old AT LEAST. This works when using a nutrient and ph balanced soil as a base but I think you need to do a bit more research on how to handle this with coco.

Best of luck in saving those ladies
Hey bud, I'm in coco, the plants need to be fed from day 1, every day, they are actually severely underfed in the first photos because I was using organic nutes that required soil or other additives in order to be used by the plant. They are all doing much better now. Thanks tho. Happy growing bro :)

I noticed a lot of the confusion for new growers on forums comes from soil growers telling coco growers how to and vice versa.

I wouldn't use the tin foil over the media for several reasons. But most of all I can see it burning the leaves from bounce back from the light. The underside of the leaves are really delicate and if you must cover the surface just use plastic. I never found the need to cover the tops of pots even with fungus gnat outbreaks.

Quick update, all 3 have been transplanted, I am also going to try to use the recommended dosage by canna nutes and see how they react, the E.C. is high since my tap water has a 0.3 EC higher than the recommended but hoping it shouldn't affect it much. We shall see.

Currently using raw silica, calmag, canna a+b, canna rhizo, cannazym, and great white mycorrhizae.
20210227_180151.jpg
20210227_180219.jpg
20210227_180252.jpg
20210227_180257.jpg
20210227_180302.jpg
20210227_180216.jpg

Back
Top Bottom