Hempy Headquarters

Lookin good @easyryder

Here's my girls...this was taken 10/1/21 plant in the forefront Super Skunk, in the rear Zkittlez day 37 since sprout both photos. Plant in the middle is the Super Silver Haze auto day 30 since sprout.
20211001_014456.jpg

next up... today's pic, 2 weeks later, girls are in the same order day 44 for the auto and day 51 for the photos since sprout.

20211015_114037.jpg

Lookin good @easyryder

Here's my girls...this was taken 10/1/21 plant in the forefront Super Skunk, in the rear Zkittlez day 37 since sprout both photos. Plant in the middle is the Super Silver Haze auto day 30 since sprout.
20211001_014456.jpg

next up... today's pic, 2 weeks later, girls are in the same order day 44 for the auto and day 51 for the photos since sprout.

20211015_114037.jpg

Very nice, what nutrients are you running?

I’m not sure what you mean - are you asking if there is excessive nitrogen? I can’t tell - from the purple tint of the photo - but I don’t see any obvious clawing.
:surf:
naw @FelipeBlu, I was looking at the pic above and saw the figure below... I was just wondering if anyone else could see it.

Man in the green.PNG

This is my current 4g hempy experiment a perlite/peagravel mix from hydro pepper experiments many moons ago and some Pittmoss (shredded paper perlite/peat/coco substitute, see shark tank). I'm using @Remo Nutrients
instead of a hole 2 inches up, I have a grommet and 90 with a riser tube. I'm leaving the water level high for the root to hit and I can lower it to 2" level any time by rotating the tube. The hole at the bottom allows all old nutes to be flushed out and be replaced with fresh. It can also be turned 90 deg to the right and put inside a larger bin and fill the bin to 2" if I need to be away.
With the taller tube I can fill til it reaches the top of the tube let it set a few minutes then rotate it to the 2" level and it will suck air down as the level drops. I have a smaller tube also for normal 2" watering.
There are also plastic drywall corners in each corner to allow more air lower in the perlite mix.

Toxic Cookies - Turkish Cookies x my legendary Widow at 3 days

interesting idea with the variable level mechanism,, tho, personally, i would not ever leave that much reservoir in there,, but what do i know,, little at best

the pea gravel,, tho heavy,, danielfp mentioned that combo as the ultimate,,

karma sent @Hash Hound

thanks guys
Inventive!

You might get some algae in the tube..
It's easy to take out to clean if needed and I have more tube. Also I forgot to paint the bucket, she may get sprayed tomorrow

interesting idea with the variable level mechanism,, tho, personally, i would not ever leave that much reservoir in there,, but what do i know,, little at best

the pea gravel,, tho heavy,, danielfp mentioned that combo as the ultimate,,

karma sent @Hash Hound
It was what I had from years ago in outdoor hydro setup flood and drain.
I needed some of the Pittmoss to make the 4g full

day 32 one week after a defol and put into flower Saturday, she does NOT like wet feet. She really droops after a watering. I gave one to a friend and he has it in Ocean Forest and said it looked good till he watered. I'll most likely try a flood and drain, or drain to waste till she starts drinking more water as she grows.

Where’s your water level now?
The hempy kinda mimics a natural profile down to groundwater - and the plant expects a certain height of unsaturated media. If the water level in your bucket is too high, it’s like planting where it’s swampy.

I only had it at a higher level for the first week or so then I lowered it to the normal 2 inch level, now I've had it totally drained for a week and she seems to be improving.

I painted the bucket with primer, added Pittmoss

now there's a media. save the trimmings if ya shave em lol

on top to prevent algae and added a shorter tube
shes growing fast and healthy with Remo Nutrients

remo's pretty good.

add a gravity fed res and your set up would be getting close to an auto pot. it kinda looks like there is a suspended media bucket or net pot above the res. if this is the case you want the feed water just touching the bottom of the net pot.

if the media goes straight to the bottom of the bucket you may want a smaller res

I wasn’t sure since your design is rather novel.

Perhaps it’s a pheno thang.
I'm glad the hole is on the bottom so I have the option to drain completely
I'm leaning towards pheno since the one my friend has in soil is also drooping after he waters.
it's my own cross

add a gravity fed res and your set up would be getting close to an auto pot. it kinda looks like there is a suspended media bucket or net pot above the res. if this is the case you want the feed water just touching the bottom of the net pot.

if the media goes straight to the bottom of the bucket you may want a smaller res

the media goes all the way to the bottom.

the media goes all the way to the bottom.

peat base and constant wet is a recipe for ph issues and a couple other things over time. keep watch for that. i'm not sure how much of a res i'd set, but i'd probably start 15 - 20% bucket capacity. no more than 25%.

frankly the same as hempy lol :p

Back
Top Bottom