Hempy Headquarters

no peat, pea gravel/perlite mix from hydro peppers I did years ago and some Pittmoss (recycled paper grow product) which may be the issue but it's less than a 1/4 of the mix. That's what's on top of the pot for a mulch to deter algae.
I watered through the drain tube today with a 1/2g and it didn't quite reach the 2" level.
We'll see how she reacts to that.

no peat, pea gravel/perlite mix from hydro peppers I did years ago and some Pittmoss (recycled paper grow product) which may be the issue but it's less than a 1/4 of the mix. That's what's on top of the pot for a mulch to deter algae.

algae doesn't hurt anything in hempy

I watered through the drain tube today with a 1/2g and it didn't quite reach the 2" level.
We'll see how she reacts to that.

when you run hempy you have replace the res entirely, not just top it up. you need a minimum 10% run off to keep the res ph in check and pull oxygen to the roots. you are asking for issues in late veg and flower going at it at present.

Indeed! If you are fertigating more frequently than the plant is emptying the reservoir, it’s best to pour in enough that you get a good pee out of the hole.
CF3F5EC4-1C65-42A0-A730-201ACC3E9C1E.jpeg

Indeed! If you are fertigating more frequently than the plant is emptying the reservoir, it’s best to pour in enough that you get a good pee out of the hole.

Nice reveg there friend,, i am wanting a similar result to my current reveg project,,

Well done

Also, re, Watering from the bottom, in the tube,, well, pouring the nutes in from the top, all around like, provides fresh feed to the roots up near the top of the plant where wicking action is possibly unable to reach adequately,, ya, thats it

whats the mix in that bucket Felpie?

I watered to hempy level the first few, then drain to waste 2x to see if that helped and then yesterday from the bottom, today it looks about the same.

I'm going to chalk this one up to strain.
The seedling I gave my friend looks exactly the same and he was complaining about it today. I rarely give up on a plant and I have nothing to replace her at the moment so I'll just see what happens.

I started with hempy 12 years ago. perlite OC+ and tap water same size 4g square pot and got 14 oz of Northern Lights. I've done a few others over the years with good results 2-5 oz range, most were perlite OC+ easy as it gets.

whats the mix in that bucket Felpie?
It’s the remaining soil from a Jack Herer auto that was in a fabric pot - with most shaken off the roots - plopped into about 3 gallons of perlite. Wasn’t pretty but it worked.

Cool stuff. I like doing hempy. Have you tried just pure medium perlite in a bucket with one hole drilled two inches from the bottom then feed to displace water?

Heya raz! :passitleft:

The Berry Bomb in the orange bucket (both were 5 gallon) was 20.8 oz of bud and the Gold Leaf/Grape Ape in the green bucket yielded 31.2 oz.

The BeBo has a peppery-fruity taste and is probably 70% cerebral and 30% mellow.

The GL/GA is lemony-pepper and is about 90% Yahoo!!
:yahoo:

Today I started up another round of testing my home grown organic nutes. Last round the plants didn't survive the conversion from soil to Hempy, but I don't consider that a nute failure.

I recently started 4 clones of my Northen Lights #5, two of which I potted up today as hydroton Hempys, and the other two I potted up in my base soil mix.

My goals are to see if I can keep some good color in the leaves without obvious deficiencies, see if I can get some decent growth on the plants, and ultimately see if I can take them all the way thru flower.

A pretty tall order, but I'm looking forward to seeing how far I can get.

Wish me luck. :cheesygrinsmiley:

"Well, that escalated quickly!"

I think I killed off the hempy clones on up-pot. I put them in a larger pot with dry hydroton and then watered it in and set them in the cabinet overnight.

When I checked on them this morning they were wilted quite badly. Not crispy yet, but all slumped over.

I put a misted dome on them for the day but can't say they look much better.

So, lessons learned:
1. Presoak the hydroton before up-potting
2. Up-pot on a day you can watch them to be sure they transition ok.

Doh!

I've got 4 Blue Kushes in the cloner now so I'll retry once they root in a couple weeks, but this is pretty frustrating. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom