HeyWilbur's 1st - White Widow Fem - Soil - Aug 2016

Hey Wilbur, I'm new to all of this, my first post. Saw your thread about White Widows. I'm also doing a couple ww's fems along with a couple purple haze fems. My first grow inside also. I also had the same problem with the perlite, and used the same remedy. I'm along for the ride to hopefully learn alot as well. So many talented growers here at 420 Magazine. Great place!! Your ladies are looking very nice. Keep up the good worki!

That's awesome Maineiac! We're in this thing together with the Mighty White Widow! :high-five: Well, my gals have entered boot camp with a rigorous training program so they can "be all that they can be"! All four are in the 3 gallon fabric pots. The two big ones are now active in force-on-force yoga, bending in ways they never dreamed of. I did an interesting thing with the two big ones - I would bend them over with soft jacketed wire - first one way for a few days, then the other way for a few days. Then I would release the wire and let them recover. I've been doing this for a few weeks now and it seemed to please the new shoots from the main stalk. Now I've got them into their permanent training and they are bushing out nicely. I bent one of the small ones for the first time to start generating more growth. I have an interesting predicament with the second smaller plant. I think an auto-flower may have accidentally made it into my seed package of non-autos. I've put the picture of this one first in my posting so you all can see her - am I correct that this one has started to flower? I"'m still on an 18/6 schedule so if it is flowering, it must be an auto. No matter - I will enjoy her brief life in my garden just the same, but I would like verification of what I am seeing here. Enjoy the pix all and, as always, your comments, suggestions and education is most welcome.

Happy Saturday All!

Wilbur
10_7_16-5.jpg
10_7_16-3.jpg
10_7_16-7.jpg
10_7_16-1.jpg
10_7_16-2.jpg
10_7_16-9.jpg
10_7_16-8.jpg
10_7_16-13.jpg
10_7_16-10.jpg

I've seen alot of bending in some of the journals. Really soon after germinated. In fact, there's a "flux" grow I subscribed to it. An obscene number of colas, tall and bushy from just one plant. Wow! I'm just doing this grow to get my feet wet. Your plants are way ahead of mine. I unknowingly slowed growth until I transplanted into 5 gal buckets.

Your plants look really great. Yeah, fun thinking and doing grows. What can I make better next time? What should I upgrade? lol...

Have a nice evening!!

Hey Wilbur, I'm new to all of this, my first post. Saw your thread about White Widows. I'm also doing a couple ww's fems along with a couple purple haze fems. My first grow inside also. I also had the same problem with the perlite, and used the same remedy. I'm along for the ride to hopefully learn alot as well. So many talented growers here at 420 Magazine. Great place!! Your ladies are looking very nice. Keep up the good worki!

I've seen alot of bending in some of the journals. Really soon after germinated. In fact, there's a "flux" grow I subscribed to it. An obscene number of colas, tall and bushy from just one plant. Wow! I'm just doing this grow to get my feet wet. Your plants are way ahead of mine. I unknowingly slowed growth until I transplanted into 5 gal buckets.

Your plants look really great. Yeah, fun thinking and doing grows. What can I make better next time? What should I upgrade? lol...

Have a nice evening!!
welcome to the mag.. "slapped" with some reps+
Hope you will share your grow in a journal I would love to check it out.
I am a total newbie on growing weed :)

Hey AngryBird! Great to have you along. I'll keep the journal going and will share what I learn along the way. Right now I'm just trying to get a solid canopy in my last weeks of veg so I can kick on flower mode and get some meds for the holidays. I've never had WW but everyone says it's great for pain, which I need. Best to you and Mainiac - share your grows and we'll figure this thing out together... with the very fine support from the great folks on 420!

Wilbur

Thanks cultivator - yeah they snuck an auto in on me! No matter - still a wonderful gift. My feeding is very basic: RO water with Cal-Mag and 1/2 recommended dose of big bloom on every other watering. Have not given the smaller ones the Big Bloom yet but planning to on my next watering. Watching the Ph closely. My water is about 6.3 out of the RO tap. I bump it up to 6.5 or maybe a bit higher - still learning the proper PH Up dosage. Soil is roughly 50% Ocean Forest, 30% Perlite and 20% generic potting soil.

I agree there have been some issues - I had the brown spotting on all the plants and then after some research discovered that Cal-Mag needed to be in my water since it's RO water. Once I added the Cal-Mag, the spots went away on all but the auto. It was my best guess that it was a magnesium or calcium deficiency, or both. Your input is most appreciated Cultivator. The two larger ones are really kicking in and I'm seeing significant growth on a daily basis now - it's really getting fun!!!

I will always value your input Cultivator. You've helped me a lot so far and it's much appreciated. :Namaste:

Wilbur

Cultivator - I purchased the nute trio from Fox Farms: Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom and Grow Big. The feeding schedule from FF says to use the Big Bloom in both veg and flower stages, so I'm just following their directions. What do you use in the veg stage? I would be very interested in knowing this. I also forgot to mention that I am supplementing them with Great White mycorrhizae, thanks to you. Outside of the surprise auto in the group they are all doing quite well. I'll let them grow a bit this week and post more pics.

Wilbur

Good to know some alternatives. You've been pleased with the results with these nutes? Might have to give them a try. It's hard for me to really gauge the results of the nutrients since I've never grown without them but that said, when I do feed them they seem to be extremely happy and busy for 4-5 days.

Ah, excellent point. yes, I'm going to stick with soil for a while and nail it good before I go hydro. I would like to do a single or maybe a pair of plants in five gallon bucket systems and see if I can get a cannabis jungle in my small room. It's a very interesting way to grow and I love learning new things. To me, the satisfaction of growing things is simply second to none. As in my veggie garden, I just get a thrill to watch things come to life and allow you to care for them and pamper them and then they deliver magical rewards like a great smoke, incredible beans and carrots or a salad fresh out of the ground! I think we were all born to be farmers - there's a connection with something gardening gives me that I place great value on. I am sure I'll do hydro at some point, probably sooner than later, just to experience in bettering my abilities.

Tell me, can you use the AN nutes in soil as well as hydro?

Wilbur

Back
Top Bottom