HeyWilbur's 1st - White Widow Fem - Soil - Aug 2016

I transplanted my Girls late yesterday in 1/3 ocean forest, 1/3 generic potting soil and 1/3 perlite. I did not rid the roots of the old soil completely as i wanted to minimize shock. The old soil was indeed pretty moistly packed around the roots. It was clearly lacking the ability to oxygenate the roots I think. This would certainly appear to be the "root" of the problem (sorry, couldn't resist). The plants look completely unaware that they should be stressing well over twelve hours after the transplant. I'm not expecting miracles here, but as the roots reach out to the new soil I am hoping to see positive results in their growth. Hopefully by the time I up-pot them to the 3 gallon pots they will be on a good course. My wife is having knee replacement today so I'll update with pix as time allows.

Cheers all!

Wilbur

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I hope this goes well and that her recovery is swift. They'll have her doing a bunch of walking soon.

OK. My girlfriend of 37 years is in her room, beginning to eat and feeling as good as you can after a knee replacement. That priority being set aside momentarily, onto my babies. THEY LOOK GOOD! I don't think these pics will reflect how spunky they look, but they do look a bit spunky! I am very satisfied with my decision to re-plant in new soil. I actually think that I've seen more progressive growth in the last 24 hours than in any other 24 hour period. While they may remain stunted in age, I think I've given them a very strong chance to live a quality life. Thanks and love to all that have offered their opinion and encouragement. You all are wonderful. I will do my best to reciprocate. Now, let's see if I can insert these photos correctly. Stand by while I upload.

IMG_101736.JPG
IMG_101640.JPG

Hey Wilbur. Sorry for the late response. Work has kept me super busy. Glad to hear your plants are showing new growth!
HeyWilbur: Do you think it's too premature to break them into the LED?
As long as your led is a safe distance away, it's never premature.

Dankest - I have a question about PH. I assume that to measure the runoff you simply collect the runoff in a container of some kind and then use your meter on it. If the water is fine going into the soil (6.2 is typical for me) and the PH moves in the runout, then do I mix the PH UP/DOWN in the next watering to try to hit the appropriate pH in the runoff?

Example: Water source PH is 6.2. Runoff is 5.2. Is the response then to treat your next water cycle to 7.2 so the runoff would land closer to the 6.2? No one has explained this to me yet.

Best,

Wilbur

You got it bud. I find I can let the soil drift fairly hard and my plants still look great. But I usually aim for a soil ph of 6.5ish.

I've never quoted someone before on this site, so hopefully this looks alright.
-Cheers

heywilbur!

i just got some white widow today in the mail, a lot earlier than expected. i'm also 12 days since seedlings pop so we are around the same timeframe as you and may pop a white widow in the water soon since your journal is enticing me to lol. just love that strain. good luck with the girls, they will bounce back and grow quickly. i thought mine were slow as well and then within a day or two they took off! check out my grow journal, pics every few days.

Followed Sue over, in for the show. I didn't make it in time to help, but I look forward to watching their recovery... and your future success.

All ya gotta do is stick around, the wonderful members of this community won't allow you to fail. :)

:popcorn:

Thanks for jumping in Arteekay! They are recovering nicely and pushing out leaves much quicker. I'll get some pics up later today. And your comments on the support of the group here at 420 has already proven to be true. Great people here and I am excited to become a part of it.

Wilbur

they looking much better. get some mycorrhizae added and they will take off. What difference a bit of aeration can do to a rootzone....

Thank you Cultivator. I've never heard of mycorrhizae. Is the that microbiological soup of some kind? Sounds like an old hit by a band called The Knack ;)

Thank you Cultivator. I've never heard of mycorrhizae. Is the that microbiological soup of some kind? Sounds like an old hit by a band called The Knack ;)

It's a beneficial fungus that helps break down the soil into components usable by the plant. Also, because it's beneficial, by populating the root zone with it, the non-beneficial bacteria has a much tougher time competing, so it helps keep the roots healthy.

Back
Top Bottom