Home Made Aero - Hindu Hash - CFL Grow

I thought that I would put up a few pics halfway through week 3.

Day 17 of Flowering
IMAG02312.jpg

IMAG02342.jpg

IMAG02333.jpg

IMAG02362.jpg

IMAG02403.jpg

I will post pics again on Sun for end of week 3. I think things arent going too bad. I would like to see everything start filling in soon and fattening up =).

Thanks basement. I am pretty happy with the progress on this grow. These FF granulars seem to be treating me pretty good. I just wish that I would have started on time with the first one. I didnt start it until week one of flower. You are supposed to start it last week of veg. Oh well, thats why I have the other ones vegging. =)

I am hoping to get the cabinets built this weekend. Its not practical to have stuff spread around my yard and garage. Plus I am right by the ocean so the humidity can get up there. So I want to get everything moved into the garage, but I have to build it first. Its a little rough since I just had back surgery. =).

Becareful building any thing esp outside or in plain sight if you on wokers comp or disibility or short term dis. I dont know ur situation but just be careful dont rehurt you injury. That could really screw up ur healing process and a lot of time. I know exactly how you feel i got to go between my spot upstairs where my r/o water and nutes are down 2 floors to my grow :( then back again if i need some thing else. It also get tricky tring not to spill 5 gal of nute mix all over going from up to down. When i take cuttings, hands full of clippings running upstairs at sprint speed while keeping quiet as to not wake the wife up :) Pain in the royal arse. cant wait to get till i get my own room, sectioned out for veg and flower, with all my stuff there in one spot.

Becareful building any thing esp outside or in plain sight if you on wokers comp or disibility or short term dis. I dont know ur situation but just be careful dont rehurt you injury. That could really screw up ur healing process and a lot of time. I know exactly how you feel i got to go between my spot upstairs where my r/o water and nutes are down 2 floors to my grow :( then back again if i need some thing else. It also get tricky tring not to spill 5 gal of nute mix all over going from up to down. When i take cuttings, hands full of clippings running upstairs at sprint speed while keeping quiet as to not wake the wife up :) Pain in the royal arse. cant wait to get till i get my own room, sectioned out for veg and flower, with all my stuff there in one spot.

Much appreciated advice brother. For once, when say build, I actually mean draw it up and have pops build it. It is in my garage, which is in my backyard anyway. Trust me, I am in no condition to be trying to build anything myself. He was the one that taught me how to be a carpenter, so I figure it will go quicker if I show him what i want and turn him loose on it.

What I want is nothing major anyway, just build 3 walls to the ceiling. Im using the corner of garage so I only need 2 walls and a dividing wall for veg/flower. The garage is finished and has carpeting so it stays great temps. 60-70 day, and 50-60 night. It will warm up once I get the two sets flowering and one vegging.

The idea is for an ongoing grow so that I can harvest every 4-6weeks depending on what strain is growing. Right now Im sticking to the hindu kush,which was grossly mislabeled "hindu hash" in the shop where I bought them. Its steady at 8wks flower, and they will let me get by without instruments for EC, and PH. Im still using the little vial with drops =). I used to do environmental remediation, so I am pretty familiar with it though =).

I figured I can buy better tools, and supplies once I start pulling harvests.

Whats up Giovanni?
Your ladies are lookin good :goodjob: I think I'm on day 31 with a couple of mine and they don't look quite that good. They are still healthy though. Guess I'm gonna go price those ff nutes you're talking about. Tomorrow is a payday so maybe I will pick some up.

Go easy on your building of the cabinet. Don't want you to do any more damage to your back. I am going through physical therapy, pain management, trigger point injections, and chiropractic therapy. Spine surgery has not been ruled out. Believe me when I say I feel your pain.

Firestone, thanks brother. Since you are already on day 31, you might want to go with something a little different since youre about 4-5 weeks late to start with the FF granuals. You can order them online in the 3pack for like $60. I bought them one at a time (the stupid way) and paid $30/ea for them.

I dont know if it would be better to use something like GH liquid koolBloom followed by dry koolBloom. I know they work good because I used to use them, but again, I used to whole setup like on the feeding schedule. BTW.. I apologize in advance if Im not supposed to post outside links.

Amazon - Soluble-Tri-Pack

1667446844317.png

I hear you about the surgery recovery. I had a great doctor out in Daly City. It was the same place where Joe Montana had his surgery. I just take it easy and putt around the house.

So I finally got tired of my grow rooms being on opposite sides of the yard and built a new one inside my garage today. I am not done as I am trying to work out what kind of doors to use. I am thinking that I will just use some b&w poly, which I guess to most is called "panda paper".

What I am building is nothing special, it is just a 3'x3' vegging room, and a 8'x3' flowering room. I just built an 11'x3' closet against one wall and then put a divider wall up @ 3ft to split the two rooms. I am getting started on the man cave =).

I figured that if i put one inside the room it will act like a light trap, and then another outside to block out the rest of the light. I will be doing something better for it next month. Just on a tight budget right now and have to get something working for now.

I took a few pics after I started and then i took a few more before knocking off for the night. I apologize for the pics, the room is too small for me to be able to get a wide shot of the whole thing..

IMAG02623.jpg

here is the little room that I made for vegging.
IMAG02612.jpg

here it is as I am working on it. I know the outside looks like ass, but my chick said that she wants to do something to the outside of it to make it look nice. Shes talking about stretching "wall fabric" over it. I told her to have at it. As long as its on the outside and my plants are fine, she can do whatever she wants to it =). I guess I should be happy that I have a girl that is not only supportive, but wants to help with the work. The plywood on the bottom is because I needed something stronger than sheetrock for the bottom. I know better than that. Soon as you accidentally hit is with anything you have to replace it.
IMAG02643.jpg

Of course I lined the floor in both rooms b&w poly so that I dont eff up the carpet in there. Its a rental, so I dont want to tear the place up. =)
IMAG02692.jpg

Here is a picture of what I am going to do for doors for now. Next month when money isnt so tight I plan on using some tarpline tarp zippers for the doors.
IMAG02683.jpg

Lookin good :welldone: I wish I could do that.
I just wish I had a garage

I went to the hydro store to get some misc stuff yesterday and looked into those granulate ferts, 3 x $35 is more than I can spend on ferts right now. They guy at the store showed me the MOAB and said this would do the same thing that all 3 FF would do and with better results so now I have to do a little research on all 4

Thanks bro. This is the first place i have stayed at in a while that has had a garage. Im not up on the MOAB. I googled it, but didnt want to go on a web surfing tangent on my phone. I will check it out tomorrow. I hear you about the s**t being expensive. I have been @ the store buying stuff on a weekly. Cant wait to get a few grows done. Starting up again is rough.

Im going to get everything moved when I change water. I will have some pics of it finished, as well as end of week 3 flower, and an update on the clones.

G-dog and Hound, thanks for stopping by.

I was working on the new closets all day yesterday and didnt get a chance to post the pics that I took. I am going to resize them and get them up in a few minutes.

Since my surgery I notice that things that would have taken me a few minutes are now taking me a lot longer. Thats okay, slow and easy and I will eventually get there =).

Thanks Bubba. Appreciate you stopping by too.

Okay now that I am done running errands, I can finally post the pictures from yesterday.

This wraps up week 3 flowering....
IMAG02722.jpg

IMAG02741.jpg

IMAG02751.jpg

IMAG02731.jpg

IMAG02821.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

IMAG0277.jpg

IMAG0278.jpg

IMAG02802.jpg

Week 2 Clones
IMAG02831.jpg

Thanks HH, just waiting for them to start bulking up. Im a little tripped out right now by something... They smell great if you are up close or touch a bud, but the room smells a little swampy. Im not sure if it is the plants or the Mykos that I inoculate my water with. I check my roots and res on a daily and they seem fine. Guess I will wait the rest of the week and see if it goes away.

funnystyle... Here is a material list of what you are going to need....

1/2" plywood - cut in a semi circle that measures 16in wide and 4.25in at the top of the arch.

wood for a cross member (2x2,2x3, or 2x4) @ 31.5 inches.

6 Leviton sockets - they are about $1.25/ea @ HomeDepot.

a 12ft. cheap extention cord - also bought @ HomeDepot (about $1.50)

6 Lightbulb "Y" splitters - (HD - $2.50/ea. but seen them online for $1.25)

3ft long 6" sheetmetal tube - (HD - $8) - I cut what I will call the male end of the tube off to make it sit flat on the wood.

A couple 6d or 8d nails for the frame, and a couple finish nails to attach metal

1) Cut the arches in the plywood, paint everything flat white

Suggestion.... when painting plywood, I use semi-gloss white before I put the flat white on it. Wood eats up primer especially plywood, plus I think that it will better protect from mold or anything else.

2) Cut the female end off of extention cord and use it to wire up the sockets - be sure to leave enough cord in between them so that you can properly space them. (I did this while the paint was drying)

3) Nail or screw the wood frame together, and nail the sheetmetal down using finish nails.

4) Screw the sockets onto the cross member, drop your splitters and bulbs in.

5) Plug that b**ch in and enjoy the light.

I am going to build 3 more today, so I will take pics during the process. I will post it in the DIY section as well as here. Hope that will help you.

831, thanks a grip!

dude the flics while you buildem would help so much haha but i do have an idea how to build it. i just suck with electrical stuff and the whole cutting, soldering, whatever spooks me lol

im here bruh keep me posted! :thanks:

No worries brother, I got you. I guess you will be happy to know that there is absolutely no soldering that needs to happen. You will see when I post the walkthrough. Which apparently will be delayed an hour or so. My cousin just gave me a call and he needs me to go to his shop and design some flyers and fix his website. It sucks when you are the computer guy, because everyone wants to do s**t that they have no idea how to do. Oh well, hes family, Im obligated to help him.

One thing that a friend thats an electrician told me was "Dont fear electricity, just respect it and you will be alright. If you let it intimidate you, thats when you get hurt." =)

I guess it just stuck with me and thats how I already feel about everything like driving, sports, etc.

Okay, question time.....

I came up on these Hindu Kush plants very cheap, and like the height, and way they grow, but want something waay more potent. Im looking for some feedback on what strain I should get some seeds for.

I have been really wanting to get a pack of seeds from Greenhouse Seed Company. I found a site that resells them that will ship to the US. Which by the way, have any of you used SingleSeed? I know a few people that have ordered and have not had an issue, but it doesnt hurt to ask. The problem that I have with Greenhouse is that for height all the put is short, medium, or tall or a hyphenated short-medium for height. An actual rough number would help me out alot =).

The other thing is that I would love to grow multiple strains, but with using CFLs and a four pot homemade aero system, I think it is best for me to stick with one strain per aero box. Its not a big deal because it is a 3 pot perpetual grow, so I can switch strains every month. Plus I have people that I can trade with so I dont end up with strain-burnout.

Im looking for something that is 2.5 - 4ft tall, high THC and CBD. Preferably an indica or indica dom with great flavor. So any feedback or thoughts would be great.

Back
Top Bottom