My First Grow! Big Bud + 8 Ball Kush CFL's

Hey Funkeyskunk, how long are your plants into flower? have you checked out the colour of your trics?

I'm not certain but the yellow leaves could mean that your plant is ready to harvest.

If you can upload some pics, I'll put the word out to some experienced growers over to have a look for you.

They have just entered their 6th week from 12/12 VVD. But Pistils didn't start forming properly till a week after that so I'm gonna count my flowering period from there.
Thanks man that would be appreciated, I'm trying to upload now, think there was a system bug last night, as it let me upload them them but wouldn't process images.

Hurrah we have pics.

trichomes_2.jpg
trichomes8.jpg
DSCF19682.JPG
DSCF19652.JPG
DSCF19642.JPG
DSCF19631.JPG
DSCF19622.JPG
DSCF19602.JPG
DSCF19592.JPG
DSCF19582.JPG
DSCF19351.JPG
close_up38.jpg

You gardens looking heavy bro

What he said^^ :bravo: on a well kept garden mate!

I only read a few pages back, but from the looks of it everything is on point. The yellowing is definitely pretty normal at this stage of growth, and going by your schedule of 8 weeks of flower, starting your flush now seems viable. I would give 1/4 strength nutrients this week, and then the last week of flower I would completely eliminate all nutrients and go with molasses (at 1-2TBLSP/Gal) and pure water. She should really start to leech out all those salts (the act of yellowing and dying leaves) and use whatever stored energy she has to continue growing.

I will continue to catch up on this journal as I have some suggestions to come with ventilation and such. Good Luck, and its wonderful to have such great people on this forum like Victor who pointed me in the direction of your thread!

Awesome you guys! Thanks AfricanGrower, thanks for clearing up the whole flushing business, I was beginning to wonder when would be the best time to start. How many liters per plant would you flush during the last 2 weeks? And can Molasses be used every flush towards the end of a grow?
Any help/knowledge from anyone on here is as ever much appreciated :love:

DSCF19741.JPG
DSCF1973.JPG
DSCF1972.JPG
DSCF1971.JPG
DSCF19322.JPG
DSCF19281.JPG

>>> How many liters per plant would you flush during the last 2 weeks? And can Molasses be used every flush towards the end of a grow?

I hope you are not confusing an 'end of harvest' flush with a 'salt buildup' flush. A flush with triple the amount of the pot size is what you would do if you were experiencing a deficiency. This is to wash away all the salt buildup at one time to prevent any escalation. BUT with an 'end of harvest' flush, you are just watering with the same amount of water, just with little to no nutrients. This eventually removes any nutrients left in your soil, forcing the plant to feed off of itself in order to survive.

Knowing this, I would water with the same amount and frequency you have been applying, the only thing I would do now is to reduce the amount of feed to less than half for your next feeding, then on your last week of feeding, you can completely cut off the nutrients.

As for the molasses, it can be used throughout your flush period, I even know growers who use it throughout their entire grow. Good Luck :high-five:

Hey just stopped in cuss Vic gave a shout. If you have such yellowing at this point it likely means lack of N, so mix a little veg nutes in with your next feed. Yellowing is a good think later on but for a quick fix either grow phase nutes or your urine watered down. Yep I know but it works.
Your not at really bad levels of yellow yet. I have had worse myself and got em back green.
Best of luck!

Yellowing as your plant matures is normal, your nitrogen appears to be low and is responsible for the yellowing of your lower leaves. Your trichomes still appear to be clear/cloudy with no amber ones yet, it appears your plants have more time maturing left. I would continue feeding your plants nutrients until you see amber trichomes. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent. I would wait until you see amber trichomes to begin your harvest flush, this is different then flushing your medium to either correct pH of the medium or remove nutrient salts. For a harvest flush you either feed pH adjusted water or pH adjusted water with a flushing agent. you can add unsulfered molasses at 1-2 tablespoon per gallon during your harvest flush. I use General Hydroponics Flora series 3 part nutrients that only require a 7 day flush before harvest, some other brands require a longer 7-14 day harvest flush.

Hello funky, Victor asked me to have a look for you.
The leaves yellowing is normal near the end and when they are ready they will look really rough. Do not add any nitrogen as that will ruin them. Trichs are miles away, I'd say a couple more weeks. Cfl's take in my experience a week or more longer than stated, so it could be three weeks till harvest. Your plants look very healthy for six weeks into flower and you've done a grand job:thumb:.
Don't worry about them butty, they are doing great, just be patient and don't harvest to early as they put a lot of weight on in the last couple of weeks.
Ill stick around your grow if you like to keep an eye out:).

Thanks everyone for the amazing feedback and guidance! Really is good to know so many are willing to help a newbie. I will keep an eye on it, continue to feed for one more week then start my harvest flush?
Also, in terms of drying my buds, is it best to have the room dark or slightly lit indirectly?
Thanks again :420:

Back
Top Bottom