1st Ever Grow, 8 Ball Kush

I get it it is most important that you find the problem,, it was really high than? Cause I grow in soil and my tap water is about 7.2 and no problems ever,no visual signs at least.
I was watering at 6.8, I was then advised to water at 6.3 which I did and ran into more problems.
Eventually I found out the Canna terra pro medium I'm growing in should be watered between 5.8-6.1
I've watered in that range and not had any problems since.

I'm using the same soil lol. And no problems with unregulated tap water,mostly unregulated sometimes regulated but rarely.
It's strange as I think a lot of people don't pH and seem to do fine especially with organic nutes, i suppose it probably depends on a lot of other factors like what your tap water contains, nutes used environment etc.

Barneys farms has always been good to me
I've been impressed so far, I've had 5 of 5 seeds germinate.
I've got a real good selection stashed for future grows :thumb:

Ok so I'm back here again.
Yes me, the over protective parent of 3 little green ladies.

Upon arrival at the tent of dreams I was greeted with a sound, what sound you ask? The sound of buds dangling dangerously into fan blades.
So first off I had to splint a couple of buds that have become to heavy to stand proud.
I think this is probably a good thing.
I watered the ladies tonight.
1ml biogrow
3.5ml biobloom
4ml topmax
0.5ml calmag
Ph6.1

The buds are noticeably heavier, pistles still mostly white.
I'm pretty sure I have 2 plants with mostly cloudy trichs and one still 50/50.
Trichs have also grown in the last couple of days and are looking bulbous :love:
IMG_20200128_205743.jpg
IMG_20200128_205710.jpg
IMG_20200128_205606.jpg
IMG_20200128_205422.jpg
IMG_20200128_205336.jpg
IMG_20200128_205233.jpg
IMG_20200128_205201.jpg
IMG_20200128_204059.jpg

Bloom day 64.

The ladies have been watered.
4ml biobloom
4ml topmax
pH 6

I have a bit of a dilemma.
I either harvest tomorrow or I have to leave them to got another 3 days whilst I am away.
I'm not sure they are quite ready yet but the trichs do look more cloudy than clear.
Buds don't seem to be growing anymore and I'm getting a lot of yellow leaves falling off so they must be nearing the end.

IMG_20200201_171042.jpg
IMG_20200201_165235.jpg
IMG_20200201_165222.jpg
IMG_20200201_165150.jpg
IMG_20200201_165046.jpg
IMG_20200201_165020.jpg
IMG_20200201_165016.jpg
IMG_20200201_164928.jpg
IMG_20200201_164926.jpg
IMG_20200201_164904.jpg

I'd wait the three days Billy! Too many clear in my opinion from those pics. I know it's tough but it still looks early and not fully ripe yet.
You are totally right MrS.
I've got this far so a few more days won't hurt.
Hopefully they will be fully ripe and begging to be chopped when I get back.

Bloom day 67.

Got home today looking forward to seeing the ladies after being away for a couple of days.
Everyone in the tent seemed pleased to see me.
Buds seem to have stopped putting on weight and a thorough trich check and I'm seeing a little amber on the calyxes on all 3 plants.
2 if the ladies are definitely more cloudy than clear but one plant is still looking 50/50.

The wait is killing me as I expected them to be done by now but I'm going to wait another day or 3 and just keep checking.
I don't want to let them get too couch lockish so I'm aiming for 5-10% amber trichs.
I'm not too bothered about yield (just want some nice smoke) but counting the buds and guestimating how much they might weigh I think I might be pleasantly surprised :yahoo:
IMG_20200204_201154.jpg
IMG_20200204_201038.jpg
IMG_20200204_200952.jpg
IMG_20200204_200904.jpg

Bloom day 67.

Got home today looking forward to seeing the ladies after being away for a couple of days.
Everyone in the tent seemed pleased to see me.
Buds seem to have stopped putting on weight and a thorough trich check and I'm seeing a little amber on the calyxes on all 3 plants.
2 if the ladies are definitely more cloudy than clear but one plant is still looking 50/50.

The wait is killing me as I expected them to be done by now but I'm going to wait another day or 3 and just keep checking.
I don't want to let them get too couch lockish so I'm aiming for 5-10% amber trichs.
I'm not too bothered about yield (just want some nice smoke) but counting the buds and guestimating how much they might weigh I think I might be pleasantly surprised :yahoo:
IMG_20200204_201154.jpg
IMG_20200204_201038.jpg
IMG_20200204_200952.jpg
IMG_20200204_200904.jpg

Hell ya looks like it's gonna be some good smoke . Bro I feel your pain I'm so wanting to harvest Saturday but not sure yet. Gonna just have to check them and do what the plants say:/ my other 4 are sprouted waiting for the tent so..

Hell ya looks like it's gonna be some good smoke . Bro I feel your pain I'm so wanting to harvest Saturday but not sure yet. Gonna just have to check them and do what the plants say:/ my other 4 are sprouted waiting for the tent so..
I know, my peyotes are needing to go into the tent.
I'm pretty certain they are very nearly there now.
I'm almost nervous about harvesting, so many dangers, will I knock the trichs off, will I make a mess of the buds trimming, will they dry too quick or too slow :oops:
Far too stressful at the end :laughtwo:

I know, my peyotes are needing to go into the tent.
I'm pretty certain they are very nearly there now.
I'm almost nervous about harvesting, so many dangers, will I knock the trichs off, will I make a mess of the buds trimming, will they dry too quick or too slow :oops:
Far too stressful at the end :laughtwo:
You're not alone. 90% of my thought process everyday is the upcoming few weeks. I'm stressing over the same questions. My thinking is drying is key obviously. Moreso than curing. I have a ton of mini hydrometer. Every day imma place a bud in container and let it sit a few hrs. When it hits 65% humidity I'm going to jar it all and start curing. I have 62% humidity boveda packs. @Emylia gave me some good advice on this.

You're not alone. 90% of my thought process everyday is the upcoming few weeks. I'm stressing over the same questions. My thinking is drying is key obviously. Moreso than curing. I have a ton of mini hydrometer. Every day imma place a bud in container and let it sit a few hrs. When it hits 65% humidity I'm going to jar it all and start curing. I have 62% humidity boveda packs. @Emylia gave me some good advice on this.
Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one, I've been meeting a potential new customer for work today and all I could think about was harvesting.
I've built a couple of drying boxes (polythene lined with vents I can open and close)
My problem is where I am going to dry is sat around 50 degrees and 40rh.
I think it should be ok but I'll still worry.
I got some packs our UK version of boveda so when it's dry enough I'll jar it up with those.

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one, I've been meeting a potential new customer for work today and all I could think about was harvesting.
I've built a couple of drying boxes (polythene lined with vents I can open and close)
My problem is where I am going to dry is sat around 50 degrees and 40rh.
I think it should be ok but I'll still worry.
I got some packs our UK version of boveda so when it's dry enough I'll jar it up with those.
Atleast the humidity is low too. Won't be a whole lotta moisture. Just remember air flow. They should balance out. With the low temps it should be a slower dry but the low humidity will speed it a little. Just my initial impression I'm definitely no climatologist.

Back
Top Bottom