How does my White Widow look - DWC

That looks like a happy White Widow now!

And Bignugz brings up a good point. The base water to which you add nutes will effect the total PPM. A very hard water will have a high PPM to begin with.
Also, if you're using tap water you should check your total alkalinity. A cheap pool or spa test strip kit will do. If total alkalinity is in the range of 30 to 50 your tap water is good to go and won't need additional cal/mag.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

OK well with RO water you don't or shouldn't have any ppm to start. I unfortunately don't use RO yet so I have to deal with tap water. I let it sit without a lid on it so chlorine and whatever, and else will evaporate. But my water sucks ppm is 350 to start so I gotta minus off 350 ppm from my nutes mix. Currently I have 1500 ppm but like I said it's actually around 1100ppm BC of SHITTY SEATTLE WATER!!

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

That looks like a happy White Widow now!

And Bignugz brings up a good point. The base water to which you add nutes will effect the total PPM. A very hard water will have a high PPM to begin with.
Also, if you're using tap water you should check your total alkalinity. A cheap pool or spa test strip kit will do. If total alkalinity is in the range of 30 to 50 your tap water is good to go and won't need additional cal/mag.

My water sucks but if you let it sit with no lid on it before you use it the a lot of bad shit evaporates. But still I'll check with my TDS meter and it will be around 350 ppm after 2 days of sitting out. But it smells less chlorine and shit in the water. I still like to use cal-mag anyway BC I have had bad cal-mag def BC of LED, I believe that LED makes cannabis cal-mag whore.

Cal-mag is is nute you need when you get a calcium or magnesium def. It's great it fixes the problem in a couple times used. I use it almost my entire grow in hydro. But some people wait til they have a problem I like to be proactive about it

And how do you know if it's a magnesium def. and what can cause it

She's looking good now
420-magazine-mobile2064706996.jpg

Yup, you nailed it. What a good and healthy looking plant. Nicely spread out and bushy. Great job.

Thank you scrogdawg!! I finally got the PH stable and the room is running consistently daily... ..
Thank you for all the help

Its gonna be a monster. Nice job.

Thank you!!! She has filled out much more then I expected....haha so much so I decided to upgrade my 5x3 grow cabinet to a 5x7 so she has plenty of room to grow!.....it might have also been so I can put a few more in there as well hahaha

I'm starting to wonder if two of my WWs are really WW. Only one looks like yours and Scrogdawg's. Beautiful dense growth and such dark green leaves. You both have perfect healthy examples of that pheno. And your two week growth is massive, Mswimm! Whatever you're doing you're doing right. Can't wait to see it in flower.

420-magazine-mobile687458586.jpg

Any thoughts on why my leaves are looking like this? PPM is about 600 and PH has been about 6

Tough to tell, can you get a shot in natural light? I'm inclined to say a Calcium/magnesium deficiency but hard to be sure in that light.

Back
Top Bottom