How Much Will I Yield?

wtf ? compressor ?

No idea. Fan is running, light works, no ice buildup or puddle in floor. That's the extent of my knowledge on the subject. It hasn't kept milk fresh for a few years now, but the freezer always kept things cold (and, usually, frozen).

Luckily, the whole thing was almost empty.

don't even have cable. 2 channel poverty vision with a decoder.

I don't even have a (working) television. I watch free streaming videos over the Internet. While that lasts. ISP has, surprisingly, merely sent another past due notice instead of shutting me down.

trade ya in heartbeat...

my plate got stole then clocked doing a buck 40 ... then had an adventure at armed robbery, all on a near identical vehicle. they swapped plates a coupla weeks ago .. so i didn't know till just officers present at my workplace with stern expressions and loose weapons ..

i'm going to court over it .. with the support of the same officers for a change ... :cheesygrinsmiley: :love:

You have a vehicle?! Yeah, I'll take that trade. If you could put some gas in it first, that'd be great. ;)

Hello just want to ask does some one have ever got yield 2.2 lbs or 2.5Kg per plant at indoor growing,i ask because some grower in my city said they can do it with training by defoliated , lst ,top and veg for 5 months but i resist him.

Hello just want to ask does some one have ever got yield 2.2 lbs or 2.5Kg per plant at indoor growing,i ask because some grower in my city said they can do it with training by defoliated , lst ,top and veg for 5 months but i resist him.

Hi there mate :passitleft:

You can theoretically get 2.5kg per plant indoors by vegging for 5 months but you will also need a very large dedicated area. 2.5kg yield is a commercial scale and can't be achieved at hobbyist or any reasonable level. I must say that working with a single plant in that much space will only make you lose yield. I think 1m^2 is more than enough for a single plant.

You can check many training guides here and some other sources on the web. People accomplish amazing grows by long vegging with proper training. I've never seen anyone trying to get 2.5 kg from a single plant though.

Downsides of pushing a plant that much are;

-Reduced yields because of less plant count. Let's be serious, we are not growing watermelons here :morenutes:

-Harder conditions to work with. You need at least 6 plants to get that kind of harvest(maybe with some XXL strains) so this 2.5kg yielding huge plant must cover a very large area probably around 6m^2. You will have trouble watering that plant or you might need a hydroponic grow setup. It would be pain in the ass to defoliate such plants because they won't let you reach their center easily. It would be harder to train such a plant compared to several regular sized ones.

-More severe problems. Since you only got a single plant instead of six, any possible problem or contamination will affect %100 population of your grow. If you got pests inside the medium, you can't sacrifice your only plant. Same goes for mold or deficiency issues. If your plant is having a deficiency, again %100 of your grow population is affected.

-You lose time. Your plant will veg. under constant stress. You will always be stripping some stuff out while you can use longer breaks between defoliation on several smaller plants. Time efficiency is very low on that kind of grows.

-You always need to provide perfect watering, feeding, heat, humidity and everything for your particular strain. Some previous grow data for the same conditions is essential. A plant just can't yield over 2 KG's in average conditions. You need to keep things close to perfect.

-You are limited with XXL strains because I don't think you can get that much yield by 5 months of veg. otherwise.

I don't recommend pushing a plant that much indoors. It won't be a big issue to grow a tree outside but it is very hard to achieve indoors. I am sticking with 1m^2 area and 400W quantum boards or 600W HPS per plant. That is a very efficient setup to work with. Veg. for 4-5 weeks and enjoy a nice bloom period. You can get over 300g dried per plant with non-XXL strains. I am expecting to get around 300g of dried nugs from my Purple Punch below. This one is vegged longer because I was too busy at work and conditions here isn't near perfect, but same results can be achieved in 4-5 weeks with proper lighting and environment. She filled the SCROG net in no time. Big reservoir is the key for speed.

Cheers :passitleft:

I am not growing yet but I really want to try. I just got my own place so I am super excited to try something. Thank you for the info. So much more to read before I get to work!!! So much useful information on 420magazine :p:p:p:p:peace:
Weed grows like weeds, almost hard to eff up if you use common sense. I didn't spend a lot of money on top shelf equipment to start and after years of growing hundreds of plants yielding top quality weed (and some not so top) I still haven't. All the info you need is right here! CHeers, gl! :yahoo:

Weed grows like weeds, almost hard to eff up if you use common sense. I didn't spend a lot of money on top shelf equipment to start and after years of growing hundreds of plants yielding top quality weed (and some not so top) I still haven't. All the info you need is right here! CHeers, gl! :yahoo:
Great! You're definitely pro haha so if you say its straight forward I believe you. Gonna try it. :yummy:

So much more to read before I get to work!!!

Best attitude I've seen all day. You should do well when you get around to the actual growing part:thumb:.

Try autoflowers. Some dudes can grow then really big, I am one of those. Check out this indoor-plant —>

9E982B0F-C637-48AE-845F-2595674B9350.jpeg

56854B1A-5FFA-4139-B1C8-4F11ECF4925A.jpeg

No training and ready after 3 months and 5 five days.

Check out this indoor-plant —>

I cannot read the seed packet (although I can tell that it's one of Dutch Passion's). I haven't grown any of their strains recently, but have in the past, and thought they were decent. I think they've been in business about 35 years, so most people probably have grown a DP strain "or two" by now. Which one is that - Auto Ultimate?

BtW, how many watts of lighting are in that room?

EDIT: Never mind (I saw - and accessed - the link in your .SIG, lol), I see now that it is an Auto Ultimate, and that you gave it 800 watts of light (upped from 350). How did it smell during the flowering phase (what did it smell like, and how strongly)?

Nice-looking plant :thumb: .

80F1B995-63FF-487A-80B0-7EAA74FA4841.png

3 plants. 1.1lbs per plant. I guess you could just grow 1 in this space and achieve 2.2lbs, but it would be very inefficient. No way 3 2.2lbs yielders would fit.

I cannot read the seed packet (although I can tell that it's one of Dutch Passion's). I haven't grown any of their strains recently, but have in the past, and thought they were decent. I think they've been in business about 35 years, so most people probably have grown a DP strain "or two" by now. Which one is that - Auto Ultimate?

BtW, how many watts of lighting are in that room?

EDIT: Never mind (I saw - and accessed - the link in your .SIG, lol), I see now that it is an Auto Ultimate, and that you gave it 800 watts of light (upped from 350). How did it smell during the flowering phase (what did it smell like, and how strongly)?

Nice-looking plant :thumb: .

Hi @TorturedSoul

Thank you for your kind words.
It is indeed an AutoUltimate from Dutch Passion.

Here is a blog Dutch passion did about this fantastic grow —>

:tommy::tommy::tommy:

The pot was to small but other then that i think the grow went really good. Next time I’m sure I will beat that 1KG harvest set 8-9 years ago, I just need a bigger pot.

I smoked some of that plant today, and i tell you - I got really high and the taste were great after two months of curing. Definitely beats the other weed around in my area!

To be honest i can’t remember the smell during the grow, but i know there is a specific smell that i only felt when I’ve grown AutoUltimate, and it is of great quality.
I will try pay more attention to that next time i grow her.

It might be just me, but to name things like smells and names of strain/pheno s isn’t my strongest side - I believe I’m better at just grow them - as they get HUGE - but I’m learning.

What do you grow these days?

Hi @TorturedSoul

What do you grow these days?

Older ;) .

I don't currently have any cannabis plants. I basically had a wide open hole where my back door was, from an intruder (who was at least considerate enough to attempt the burglary while I was home) for a time, and I think every mouse and vole within a square mile marched inside because it was (slightly) warmer in here than outside. Been battling them for a while. At least they're not cockroaches, I guess. Anyway, last plants I grew got mauled. They were in soil, and the vermin even dug around in that. Sure wish I could borrow an 11' Burmese python for about a week...

I had originally intended to germinate some miscellaneous autoflower seeds I had - this was when it was still relatively cold outside - and do something like stick them in two-liter soda bottles, with others cut and set upside-down on top of those, and some tiny holes cut in both sets, so as to be able to get them started safely, then plant them in my backyard ASAP. I'm in a city, so I just have a little p!ssant 1/4-acre lot, but I was desperate enough to try it (a gram sells for $20 to $30 here, and I couldn't even afford to get one for my birthday a while back :rolleyes: ), plus I find that, more and more, I miss gardening with my favorite plant species.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get anything to germinate. My fault, I'm sure; they were older seeds, and had been stored poorly, near (at, once or twice) freezing in Winter, and attic-hot in Summer, as I no longer have a refrigerator. <SHRUGS> It probably worked out for the best, because it turns out that some of my neighbors are... sketchy.

I've got a square meter grow tent, and lighting. If/when I win the war, I hope to get growing again. That'll be a comedy/tragedy - it was 94°F in my bedroom the other day. But airy bud beats no bud 100 times out of 100. I just need to find a big bucket of mouse poison that's on 90% off clearance and, well... seeds. I should have everything else I need, light(s)/fan/filter/tent/really old nutrients/containers. My pH meter is pooched, but I'm sort of hoping that I can "wing it" and maybe find enough common sense to keep bouncing back and forth around the sweet spot to get to a harvest. But it might be a while. Right now I'm more focused on trying to eat than cannabis seeds. This ought to be my busy, save up a little "extra" to get through the next Winter or at least try to catch up, but I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs.

When I do, I think I'll try to grow three to five small plants instead of one space-filling one, that way if things start to go t!ts-up, and I'm not able to determine the exact cause, I can try different solutions on each and hope I get it right with one.

I just read the article about your grow - the folks at Dutch Passion should let you pick out five or ten strains, and then send you a pack of each, gratis, IMHO.

I totally agree with you :)

But in the same time I’m happy to pay for the seeds as i grow for the fun of it and they have a business to run :goodjob:

If I need any seeds in the future i might send them a mail and ask for a few.

Back
Top Bottom