How To: Bend and top your way to a 1 pound monster

How long did you veg ? How long was flower ? I am also doing a scrog and found that pvc works great you can root feed through tube and make a double screen to widen canopy. Would love a fellow grower to comment on threads. You have mh and hps ? I recently got an led setup and the growth is way better then my old mh and hps. Lower temps denser buds and even growth. Love you grows. Where you located?

>>>How long did you veg ?
2 months

>>>How long was flower ?
2 months

>>>I am also doing a scrog and found that pvc works great you can root feed through tube and make a double screen to widen canopy.
I don't understand what you're saying here but I would like to see pictures of to what you are referring.

>>>Would love a fellow grower to comment on threads.
PM me with questions, I'm happy to help where I can.

>>>You have mh and hps ?
YES

>>>I recently got an led setup and the growth is way better then my old mh and hps. Lower temps denser buds and even growth.
I don't believe that.

>>>Love you grows.
Thanks for the compliments.

>>>Where you located?
In the US

image7275.jpg
image7278.jpg
image7279.jpg
image7280.jpg
image7281.jpg

This is how i do all my plants. My other site removed all older forums and now I'm starting on here. Each plant is different and all under one screen. My setup is just soil for now invested into leds and love low power return. Light was just a small watt bulb and iphone camera.

Hello Everyone, Hoping youre alll growing along well!!!
Ive been using my slightly adapted version of LST for a while now, instead of topping - Which I find harsh on the poor lil things!! I have topped and got decent results, But it wasnt until I LST d that I cracked over 1pound p/plant w/2mnth Veg/2 mnth flower - Soil grow - Raised on 6500K CFL's til near 1ft then under my 400w MH, and either my 400w HPS or 600w Son t gro.. I will usually use the 400w for the first month or so of flower then hit the 600w to hopefully get enough penetration into my branches.
As the plant grows and reaches about 15cm, Ill attach a tie wire to the base of the plant to secure it as I tether the top of the plant gradually pulling it across, and due to Auxins, Ill usually end up with more than 10 solid main vertical branches.
I sort of get em to look like this shape : \!!!!!/ : with the base being fairly compact and branches close together..
Dont know why but I cant put up pics on this reply?? But yeah, Ive had a bad run last grow as I attempted to go for 1.5lb, So I vegged her til just over 3.5ft Hx3.5ft W - She struggled IMO to fill out her buds like her predecessors, though I did have some issue with nutes/PH near her end. This girl Myley Ive flipped at just over 2.5ft H, So hoping she wont be root bound or such come harvest time, She has alot of flowers and the main branches look ok, not as big as Im used to but its the end result that counts!!
Trimming of fan leaves, useless lower branches is something Im hoping Ill have no troubles with causing hermie or such, Ive staggered my trimming of fan leaves, and have removed maybe 20 inner small branch shoots that will not do much but waste time, So Ive cleared em out and given her some food to hopefully not hinder her much.
It will be great if Im able to hit 1 pound this grow, But I am nott even sure of its strain, So potential for it to produce maybe affected..
TAKE CARE EVERYONE< Happy Harvesting and always ASK IF YOURE NOT SURE!! Be cool.. Smokemup.

cas / smokeup,

After you have created your own articles on how you train your plants, you're welcome to post a LINK to them here.

Thanks
Cap

Thanks and my next grow im going to try and FLUXX. I call it spider lst from an older grower i know. Its another form of last. If you like to scrog i suggest you look at a few ways to do it. It think its better due to my lack of space. I do have a thred and would love any input. Im posting updated pics later as well. Good grow and good thanks for all the info on your grows. You can grow so many different ways and im still looking for my preference. I might even post a video if my leds allow it lol.

BlueBerry Bush - Reveg Clone - Spider LST & SCRoG

Hello there, thank you for this tutorial. I used it a week or so back to top my girls, and that went perfect, thanks to this topic, so thanks again for helping me grow!

I was wondering, given a 60cm x 120 cm x 120cm space, would it be possible to SCROG 3 plants, given their current condition:

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/20140327_190217.jpg

They are on day 27 now, and I dont think I can veg them much longer given room and time constraints. I go on vacation in july .. they need to be harvested by then. Since I have no clue what I'm growing, altho the shop owner thinks either PowerPlant or WhiteWidow, I take 3 months for flowering and and a month for unexpected issues that might delay the schedule. This unknown also makes that I dont dare veg much longer due to my room not growing along with them :p

Is it feasable under these conditions to SCROG ?

Further (full) details about my grow are in my journal, and I would be more then happy to provide any additional info.

:thanks: for this great guide, and your time should you find any to read and answer this ;)

Hello there, thank you for this tutorial. I used it a week or so back to top my girls, and that went perfect, thanks to this topic, so thanks again for helping me grow!

I was wondering, given a 60cm x 120 cm x 120cm space, would it be possible to SCROG 3 plants, given their current condition:

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/20140327_190217.jpg

They are on day 27 now, and I dont think I can veg them much longer given room and time constraints. I go on vacation in july .. they need to be harvested by then. Since I have no clue what I'm growing, altho the shop owner thinks either PowerPlant or WhiteWidow, I take 3 months for flowering and and a month for unexpected issues that might delay the schedule. This unknown also makes that I dont dare veg much longer due to my room not growing along with them :p

Is it feasable under these conditions to SCROG ?

Further (full) details about my grow are in my journal, and I would be more then happy to provide any additional info.

:thanks: for this great guide, and your time should you find any to read and answer this ;)

PlanetJ,
You have some wide fan leaves there so you might have an indica-ish plant which shouldn't stretch too bad. That said, you are getting ready to enter the rapid growth stage and going to 12/12 will still cause them to grow at least another foot or more. I would definitely put a screen on them, and as they stretch in 12/12, continue to pull the tops down out of the screen and to the next hole. This way, that foot of growth you get will go horizontal, instead of vertical. If you do that, you should be able to keep them contained. If you must be done by July 1, I would start flower in a week from now. If you can wait until mid July I would start in a couple weeks. You would be surprised how much more yield you will get if you can wait two more weeks. Either way, I would put them in their final nursery pot and get them under the screen NOW, while you're still in 18/6.

Congrats and good job on your grow so far. Your plants are near perfect, so keep doing what you're doing. The topping results look fantastic. Be careful when you put them under the screen, not to split the stem down the middle.
Cap

Thanks for your tips. Sadly I'll have to switch to 12/12 in a week then .. but for a first grow of bagseed, and the ton of experience it's giving me, I dont mind too much :)

I havent done too much .. I topped them, and made sure they had optimal positioning for the lamps and gave them water when the soil dried down. They did the rest themselves .. it's sad I can't clone them due to the vacation :( I think I might try cloning them mid-flower, and putting those plants outside and hope they'll survive till I get back ...

I was planning on using this pot for their complete grow .. it's 7,5L and should do I think ? It might help a bit in preventing too much growth ?

>>>I was planning on using this pot for their complete grow .. it's 7,5L and should do I think ? It might help a bit in preventing too much growth ?

That's like saying you should put a smaller engine in your car because you keep getting speeding tickets ;-) But yeah you could probably get away with the pots you're using. They are good size. Good luck. I'll check our your journal soon.

Capn, Love your articles, im working on my first grow, and have been reading tons of articles on here for the previous couple months, and your are definitely some of the best. There very informative, straight to the point, and well written. Very helpful to me thanks so much!

Capn, Love your articles, im working on my first grow, and have been reading tons of articles on here for the previous couple months, and your are definitely some of the best. There very informative, straight to the point, and well written. Very helpful to me thanks so much!

ditto

Thanks guys. It's comments like this that make it worth the time. I'm always open for suggestions on new articles, if you have any ideas.

Make sure you check out my blog as well. I'm putting most everything there instead of forum posts.

I am a first time grower for medical reasons and I have 3 plants, 2 white widow, and 1 cheese candy. They popped thru the soil a little less than 4 weeks ago. They look pretty good but I need to harvest the first week in October because we are leaving town then. When do you suggest that I put them on 12/12 to start flowering. I am defiantly going to follow your method of bending. They are growing in soil in side under CFL lights. The are under 200w now but I will switch to the 100w during flowering stage. I read somewhere that they will then need 2700K. They are about 6", 5" and 9" now. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Lindylynn

I am a first time grower for medical reasons and I have 3 plants, 2 white widow, and 1 cheese candy. They popped thru the soil a little less than 4 weeks ago. They look pretty good but I need to harvest the first week in October because we are leaving town then. When do you suggest that I put them on 12/12 to start flowering. I am defiantly going to follow your method of bending. They are growing in soil in side under CFL lights. The are under 200w now but I will switch to the 100w during flowering stage. I read somewhere that they will then need 2700K. They are about 6", 5" and 9" now. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Lindylynn

Lindy,

It looks like you're doing well, but please don't post unrelated questions / pictures in my article. Please use my open Q&A blog and I'll be happy to help you there

Open Q&A - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

Cap

Back
Top Bottom