How To Distinguish Bad Weed From Good Weed

all i can tell you is the independent dispensary owners here are squeezed on one side by a black market that undercuts them with better prices and product, and by three levels of gov't increasingly favoring a corporate model on the other.

we started in my region with 8 dispensary licenses awarded. 7 went to local one went corporate. one yr later one global franchise controls 3, another controls 2, and the three private licences have been forced to form a co-op or face selling to one of the other two corporate models.

it's big money and a long game. no one's making it now.

Certainly some concerns there. All I know to do is go to all of these chain CBD stores around here and get to know them and see if I can't get some insight on where all these shops are headed with their business models and try to find out what it's like to actually run one of these stores? Are they nervous or are they very optimistic about it? That type of thing? You don't know for sure until you ask and do some real digging.

Life is always going to be a grind, that's why we use the herb in the first place...

go to business school ... that will have more bearing on the side of the industry you are looking at than anything else. learn about distribution chain management as well.

for now read. read everything you can about the business side. read about canopy growth and aurora etc. if you wanna get involved with the plant professionally, you have to get a business degree.

Pipe dreams..lol theres a dispensary job open round here. 15 an hour full time. If I didn't have a really obvious disability I would take it and stop trying for SS. Truth is I'd rather find a way to get medical patients on to their own grow op. Here, they dont pay the exorbitant price with all the extra taxes. Thing is it's still priced up to high even with that benefit. What you'd spend on recreational in a month you could be halfway to having your own setup. GG

I might be a bit late to the party, but this is pretty useful, especially for people that don't have access to legal dispensaries, as you said.

Apart from being useful to those that don't have access to legal dispensaries, I feel like it helps the ones that want to get started in the domain, not with usage necessarily, but with distributing. I, myself, fall into the latest category and although I'm able to distinguish between bad and good product, there is no such thing as being too informed. I'm looking to get started with a dispensary in the state of California once the whole pandemic is more under control (to make the whole process easier) and reading articles, discussions from different online sources, in general, is where I get my information from. There's one specific site that I constantly check for the range of prices for example, or about the legal grounds. I can leave the link if any of you find the topic interesting. My overall point being that being informed is the best, regardless of the domain.

I haven't smoked marijuana for a long time, but I used many methods to distinguish good quality from bad quality when I did. Many of them are similar to yours. Firstly, I always observed its appearance. The most straightforward place to start your analysis of good weed vs. bad weed is with the color. Good weed should be rich in color– mostly green with some purple, orange, red, or even blue accents. Thus, top-notch weed should have a strong scent that you can smell before you even open the bag. Even if I don't smoke anymore, I use CBD oil for health issues and knowing all this helps me here as well.

Great review, thank you. I didn't even know about most of the items. I usually identify a good weed by its smell, but as it turned out, this is not enough. In general, it is straightforward to get caught on the wrong product, especially for beginners. That's why I prefer lollipops with THC. The risk that I will get a low-quality product is almost zero.

Certainly some concerns there. All I know to do is go to all of these chain CBD stores around here and get to know them and see if I can't get some insight on where all these shops are headed with their business models and try to find out what it's like to actually run one of these stores? Are they nervous or are they very optimistic about it? That type of thing? You don't know for sure until you ask and do some real digging.

Life is always going to be a grind, that's why we use the herb in the first place...
Regardless of the extraction method used, at the end of the process the solvent must be separated from the extract without residue.

Im one of those people who will always say my own grown flowers are far superior to yours :ganjamon::ganjamon: not meaning any disrespect or angst, its just the way it is seems they grow to my desired quality and personal preference if i were to walk in a dispensary that is what would tickle my fancy. Maybe we have a personal relationship with are own grown flowers as we are the reason they come into existance afterall :)

Ok, thank you, I didn't know that...Maybe something else then? Cultivator?

So what does one do with their knowledge of Cannabis, once it becomes legal in their state? Is it just wasted knowledge? I don't have the funding to become a dispensary owner so...?

Obviously I'm super passionate about Cannabis so I want to do something in the industry, but what?
I have absolutely no experience in this area since I grow my own, but I would think a budtender would have to be not only knowledgeable, but personable...able to relate to the public. If someone is going to a dispensary, who will they be asking about strains, potency, etc? The budtender! Maybe that job is just a steppingstone to better things, but no dispensary is going to hire just any dumbass off of the street.

If this is your dream, go for it! You will be appreciated.

I have absolutely no experience in this area since I grow my own, but I would think a budtender would have to be not only knowledgeable, but personable...able to relate to the public. If someone is going to a dispensary, who will they be asking about strains, potency, etc? The budtender! Maybe that job is just a steppingstone to better things, but no dispensary is going to hire just any dumbass off of the street.

the average budtender wage in canada is around $2 per/hr less than the average wage at McDonalds. do you honestly think they give a shit about what you are buying ? they're mostly there to just take your cash and ring up the sale.

they only know what they've been told to say, and it's all based on the marketing info provided by the industry rep that sold them the product.

If this is your dream, go for it! You will be appreciated.

aim a little higher lol

Back
Top Bottom