How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

Does any1 have any idea whats up with these clones dont no whats up with them never seen this before!
23123a80aceb4b2a51562fc0d5e42caa.jpg
aceb4947319f7e19ab60f9facada2ac9.jpg
42e4bfa4770114b6e4ebdc28970b322b.jpg

I got a few more questions for you cult. My plants are looking BOMB!

As I look ahead to your week 7 and 8 schedule I want to make sure I am reading the guide right. When you say feed

CalMg .3 EC,
Ionic Bloom 1.6 EC
Plagron Green Sensation 1.8 EC

Does this mean a total EC of 1.8 after everything is mixed (assuming RO water) or 3.7 EC after everything is mixed?

You explain it in your intro but I want to make sure I have it right.

Also what are good substitutes for Buddhas Flower Burst, PK and Metaboost?

Yes so it would be 1.8ec in total. The calmag would be left out at weeks 7-8 unless you were growing a 10week + flower strain.

Does any1 have any idea whats up with these clones dont no whats up with them never seen this before!
23123a80aceb4b2a51562fc0d5e42caa.jpg
aceb4947319f7e19ab60f9facada2ac9.jpg
42e4bfa4770114b6e4ebdc28970b322b.jpg

Yeah i think it looks like some kind of pest damage. Couls be fungus gnats. Are there any little black flies in and around the pots. Bang the pots on the floor and see if any thing moves on the surface, could also be spidermite. But im not sure.

Yes so it would be 1.8ec in total. The calmag would be left out at weeks 7-8 unless you were growing a 10week + flower strain.

Thank you so much for your help and generosity. I've read so much garbage on message boards and was about to switch back to soil, but now my plants are looking great! Big Up Cult!:thumb:

Thank you so much for your help and generosity. I've read so much garbage on message boards and was about to switch back to soil, but now my plants are looking great! Big Up Cult!:thumb:

No problem. Pleased i could help you out.

Unfortunately there are lots of people dishing out bad advice without the experience to know what they are talking about. Alot of the time its just unintentional and people meaning well. Ive been told from people whove grown a handfull of plants that im doing things wrong and that jorge cervantes says this or that a forum page says that or even in their grow that they done something that contradicts what im saying.... Well all i can say is a have alot of experience growing coco and i figured it mostly out with trial and error over many many grows. I am always learning and evolving also and its important to be open minded, something that i never used to be but as i get older and wiser you realise there are many ways to get things done well and i just share whats worked for me.

I remember once having a guy writing alot about the unimportance of PH in hydro. He was quite popular as was good with his word and people listened to him. When i challenged him on it he had only completed hos first grow and he hadnt ph adjusted anything and got an adequate harvest. However the fact he didnt ph adjust anything didnt mean ph wasnt important, for all he knew when he mixed up his nutes it could have fell within the acceptable range for hydro but he had no way to know that as he had never checked his ph. My point is people listened to him and he could have ruined several grows based on his ignorance even though it was well intentioned.

When ever you look at learning something new always cross reference it with different material. Then you can figure it out between the lines because even when people have different ideas you will see the things that are a constant. Its always best to do your homework and if someone gives you advice dont be afraid to ask what their experience is regarding the matter, i for one wouldnt be offended if someone asked why i gave a specific piece of advise because its important to be able to back up what you are advising for or against. I was told a couple weeks ago i was wrong about training plants by someone doing their first grow who had asked advice on the matter... some people cant be helped hahaha

Peace.

No problem. Pleased i could help you out.

Unfortunately there are lots of people dishing out bad advice without the experience to know what they are talking about. Alot of the time its just unintentional and people meaning well. Ive been told from people whove grown a handfull of plants that im doing things wrong and that jorge cervantes says this or that a forum page says that or even in their grow that they done something that contradicts what im saying.... Well all i can say is a have alot of experience growing coco and i figured it mostly out with trial and error over many many grows. I am always learning and evolving also and its important to be open minded, something that i never used to be but as i get older and wiser you realise there are many ways to get things done well and i just share whats worked for me.

I remember once having a guy writing alot about the unimportance of PH in hydro. He was quite popular as was good with his word and people listened to him. When i challenged him on it he had only completed hos first grow and he hadnt ph adjusted anything and got an adequate harvest. However the fact he didnt ph adjust anything didnt mean ph wasnt important, for all he knew when he mixed up his nutes it could have fell within the acceptable range for hydro but he had no way to know that as he had never checked his ph. My point is people listened to him and he could have ruined several grows based on his ignorance even though it was well intentioned.

When ever you look at learning something new always cross reference it with different material. Then you can figure it out between the lines because even when people have different ideas you will see the things that are a constant. Its always best to do your homework and if someone gives you advice dont be afraid to ask what their experience is regarding the matter, i for one wouldnt be offended if someone asked why i gave a specific piece of advise because its important to be able to back up what you are advising for or against. I was told a couple weeks ago i was wrong about training plants by someone doing their first grow who had asked advice on the matter... some people cant be helped hahaha

Peace.

No doubt. And I can appreciate your advice about doing your homework and cross referencing info......I run a trimmer rental company and a lot of my customers use coco, so I made the leap about 6 months ago. After I realized that coco was different than soil I started to do my homework reading blogs, websites, anything I could get my hands on. I kept reading about how you have to flush EVERY time you water. Feed with low EC, keep it WET and test your runoff to keep it matching what you are feeding it......It ended up being a colossal waste of time, my plants were starving, fungus gnats were partying and I expended WAAAAAYYY more time and money than I needed to.

Out of frustration, I dumped, what I considered to be, a strong dose of nutrients in my coco, thinking it would kill them based on what I had read. The next day the plants looked great...and no run off....so I started searching for feed strength recommendations and I came across your post. I've been feeding as you recommended for a week or so and my plants look superb!

At the very least I spent the last 6 months learning what not to do and hopefully that makes me a better grow in the long run....ole trial and error!

Cheers mate! :high-five:

Well its all learning. Youbgot the bad stuff out of tbe way and it will hold you in good form for future grows. You never want any medium constantly wet, at least none that i know of. Fungus gnats love wet coco or soil and they can cause serious damage to the rootzone. Fortunately not only did you find this thread to help you out but you also found this forum which has some great information to share. Just be sure to question any advice you are given if you are unsure.

Cult can you tell me what dosage with Orca Liquid Mycorrhizae is the best?(i am in 6 week of flowering) because currently Great White Mycorrhizae is not available for me!TNX AGAIN MAN!!!

Its a bit late in flower to add orca now. Id give it 1 feed thèn use it on your next grow from the beginning. You cant have too much mycorrhizae that im aware of so just follow the bottle. I havent used it in a few years so i cant remember the recommended ml/litre.

You could use Advanaced Nutes pirhana and tarantula if you cant get great whíte mycorrhizae.

If you mix it 50/50 perlite and multifeed you should see some faster growth than straight coco, it can take a few days to a week off flower time too. But the extra nutes you use for the extra feeds of up to 5 per day doesnt reaĺly call for the extra hassle. The only way i would say it could be useful would be if you had to run the grow with really small pots.

You cant over water as such. Only if pot sits ín třay with water in and the coco is over saturated. But you dont want to over water either as although it wont drown the roots like soil does, it will certainly attravt fungus gnats if constantly wet and if the water you wfeed is warm it wiĺl also add to the risk of root rot.

Back
Top Bottom