How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Rant warning :yahoo:
Sure hate to see anybody using isopropyl alcohol to do the wash step in this process. People say "I've been doing this for years with no adverse effects". How do you know how you would feel if you took virtually everyone's advice and avoided isopropyl alcohol ??? IT CONTAINS POISON SO YOU DON"T DRINK IT !!! ALL CCO contains trace amounts of the solvent used to make it. Therefore, if you use iso to make the oil, the oil contains iso. Period, full stop.

Message me and I'll share where to get proper solvent.

:Namaste:

Has anyone here treated a patient with Breast Angiosarcoma Cancer using CCO?
Any cancer takes all the application routes (identified in your long story....don't know why they don't show here) the patient can tolerate. Use them all if you can. One ml. / day is absolute minimum for both these women. Good luck L.C. Give it everything you've got. :goodluck:

I don't know the difference between RSO and CCO and CO.

How are we differentiating them now ???

Any cancer takes all the application routes (identified in your long story....don't know why they don't show here) the patient can tolerate. Use them all if you can. One ml. / day is absolute minimum for both these women. Good luck L.C. Give it everything you've got. :goodluck:

Hi John, thanks for the advice. :) We are trying to give it all we've got, especially hope.

I removed the long post for personal reasons.

I felt after that the simple question was sufficient.

Sure hate to see anybody using isopropyl alcohol to do the wash step in this process. People say "I've been doing this for years with no adverse effects". How do you know how you would feel if you took virtually everyone's advice and avoided isopropyl alcohol ??? IT CONTAINS POISON SO YOU DON"T DRINK IT !!! ALL CCO contains trace amounts of the solvent used to make it. Therefore, if you use iso to make the oil, the oil contains iso. Period, full stop.

A bit off topic, but I'm planning on using iso to extract for topicals, specifically lotions (which i think contain that or similar).

Same concerns there, or no?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using USP grade ISO to make your oils with.

Some advanced procedures for producing oils in here.

:peace:

Has anyone here treated a patient with Breast Angiosarcoma Cancer using CCO?

Personally and from many articles I've read over the years CCO is too pure and lacks many of the terpenes and other plant components that contribute to the 'entourage' effect.

We lost a good friend to breast cancer just a year ago who was taking a gram a day of RSO. Her hubby would measure out the dose on a spoon then she would have a shot of MCT oil to hold in her mouth with the spoon of oil and swish it around until the spoon was clean. Don't know how she did it as that stuff tastes nasty as hell. I gave them 2oz of mine.

She had a one-side mastectomy but refused any further treatment so was dropped by her doc. Found a new doc a year or so later but was too far gone by then. I counselled her to get some chemo but she was having none of it. Her and her hubby are/were both anti-vaxxers and very deep into conspiracy theory crap. When I make the 2 hour drive to the city and visit him I have to be careful not to get him going so avoid certain topics of conversation. Love the guy but he should move south to become a proper MAGAt. :D

There's a lot of new research coming out that oil that hasn't been decarbed and has a good level of CBD in it is more effective for various types of cancer. Without the decarb much higher doses of THC can be tolerated too so the oils I plan to make soon will have a mix of non-decarbed and decarbed with plenty of CBD to try to cover all the bases.

My wife is being investigated for cancer in her endocrine system and we're hoping it's no her last adrenal gland as she had one removed about 15 years ago that was supposed to be benign but we found out 12 years after the surgery it turned out to be malignant. Can't survive without one of those.

DISCLAIMER:
The information contained in this post is provided for informational purposes only. 420 Magazine makes every effort to present accurate and reliable information, however 420 Magazine does not represent, warrant, or certify any information displayed, nor does it guarantee the safety, accuracy, completeness, efficacy, or timeliness of such information. It is your responsibility to evaluate text, content, opinions, statements, suggestions, strategies, tactics, or other information made available herein. Use of such information is voluntary, and reliance on it should only be undertaken by qualified individuals. Under no circumstances will 420 Magazine be liable for any damage caused by reliance upon information contained herein. Any reliance upon any information is at your own risk. 420 Magazine requires you to warrant and represent that you are at least eighteen years of age (twenty one years of age in some jurisdictions) and have the legal capacity to use this Website and Forums. 420 Magazine makes no representation or warranty that the content published in this post/forum complies with either Federal or the local laws of your jurisdiction. You are solely responsible for knowing and understanding laws concerning content legality. If you are unable to make the representations and warranties contained herein, please leave the website immediately.

Making Concentrated Cannabis Oil Extract:

Prior to making your first batch of concentrated cannabis oil, please read through all instructions thoroughly and completely. Please note that 420 Magazine does not condone the manufacture of Butane Hash Oil, BHO, the more hazardous method of Hash Oil manufacture. The extraction and concentration of Cannabis oil as described in the following process should only be attempted by qualified individuals. An overview of the safety issues is as follows:

• The process should only be performed with a clear head
  • The use of flammables around open flame should only be performed outdoors
  • Personal Protective Equipment (PPI) should be utilized as appropriate
  • Ensure boil off of the solvent as per the instructions to avoid incomplete removal of alcohol
  • Once complete, do not immediately seal the oil in an airtight environment
  • Do not seal the solvent-wet spent Cannabis in garbage bags without first allowing the solvent to fully evaporate
There are different methods of extracting oils from cannabis and making a concentrate. The method of choice for this tutorial is Quick-Wash Ethanol, aka QWET. This is a popular used method using a food grade solvent/carrier to extract the oils. This tutorial will allow for a person with a serious illness like cancer to make their own medicine. We will use layman’s terms to keep things simple. Mentioning food grade solvents/carriers will be redundant as safety is a main concern. Making cannabis concentrate is something most people can accomplish themselves, and if using high quality bud/flowers results in potent medicine. After a couple of times making the oil you will not only see how easy it is to make, but will start to pick up speed and time in the process while feeling confident in your finished product.

Keep in mind, while food grade solvents/carriers may be safe for ingestion, they are still very flammable and caution should be used! Make sure you do the quick-wash and cook down outside in a well-ventilated area (for example, a covered patio). If there is a wind/breeze find out what direction it is coming from and have the wind to your back. Also use a small fan and have that positioned so it blows in the same direction as the wind/breeze. Doing so will also keep the solvent/carrier vapors blowing away from you. Do not smoke or barbecue while making your concentrated oil. Make sure the patio is swept and washed down so dirt and debris is not blown into your bud/flowers during your quick-wash or while you’re cooking off your solvent. Doing a dry-run practicing your layout, and a mock quick-wash before your first attempt is highly recommended to build your confidence and lesson your chances of making mistakes.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using USP grade ISO to make your oils with.

Some advanced procedures for producing oils in here.

Thanks @OldMedUser :thanks: .

In the article it states:

-----
Bringing it Home.

Given the great fear that exists about Isopropyl’s toxicity, much time and effort has been spent in creating a robust procedure for eliminating residual Isopropyl from the oil. As with ethanol, heat over time is the catalyst that evaporates Isopropyl from the oil. The final reduction step is a literal firewall against unsafe trace levels remaining in the oil. Multiple lab tests are presented below showing undetectable levels of Isopropyl in the RSO created using this process.
-----

What is this final step that is referenced? Is that simply reducing the concoction until the liquid evaporates? Is that where the "lighting a paperclip on fire" test comes in?

What is this final step that is referenced? Is that simply reducing the concoction until the liquid evaporates? Is that where the "lighting a paperclip on fire" test comes in?

You can probably find more about that in the 2nd link I posted as it goes into lots more detail about processes.

I do my decarb on the finished oil at 250F which is more than hot enough to drive off the last traces of ISO or naphtha if I've done a separation to clean up the oil good enough for dabbing or any other smoking method.

I'm not aware of the paperclip test.

You stick the end of a paperclip in the finished oil extract and put a lighter to it. If it lights, it still has some alcohol in it that needs to evaporate.

My understanding, though have never done it.

There would have to be substantial alcohol left to ignite it. In the case of ISO you would be able to smell it at those levels unless you're nose-blind to it from exposure while finishing up your oil.

Another good reason to save the decarb until the very end of making your oil. I distill off the bulk of whatever solvent I'm using then can see the last of it boil off as the heat is raised to 250F decarb the oil.

To produce oil I don't want to decarb I'll put it under vacuum at a temp low enough to not decarb but plenty to cook off solvent.

Getting a rubdown with ISO containing stuff will expose you to a lot more ISO than you'd get from smoking a gallon of oil made with ISO. You'll inhale lots and plenty is absorbed thru the skin too but that's OK. lol

A bit off topic, but I'm planning on using iso to extract for topicals, specifically lotions (which i think contain that or similar).

Same concerns there, or no?
I don't have any data, but it seems logical it would do less harm. After all, it is "rubbing alcohol". But not meant to rub into a melanoma over a long time, or anything similar. So......depends.:hookah:

You can probably find more about that in the 2nd link I posted as it goes into lots more detail about processes.

I do my decarb on the finished oil at 250F which is more than hot enough to drive off the last traces of ISO or naphtha if I've done a separation to clean up the oil good enough for dabbing or any other smoking method.

I'm not aware of the paperclip test.

Howdy OldMedUser, good to see you.
You speak of doing a separation to clean up the oil. Would you mind describing that process to me please when you have time ? Thanks buddy.:high-five:

Howdy OldMedUser, good to see you.
You speak of doing a separation to clean up the oil. Would you mind describing that process to me please when you have time ? Thanks buddy.:high-five:

A pretty simple method I came up with years ago for small amounts of oil say from up to 2oz of bud is to evap or distill off most of the ISO but leave around 6oz total volume of the ISO/oil mix. Put that into an empty plastic mickey bottle, or suitable food grade plastic bottle, and add a couple oz of distilled or RO water. Then add a couple oz of a pure hydrocarbon solvent like naphtha and spend a while shaking it up vigorously. Shake a little at first then crack the cap to release any pressure. Do that a few times or until there's no sound of gas escaping then shake the hell out of it for a while. The longer the better but can do that whilst watching TV or something.

It can take days or longer to separate so I leave it for a day then put it in the freezer upright overnight and it should be done. There should be a big layer of pale greenish/brown ice at the bottom with a thin layer of yucky slush/ice on top of that which has all the waxes etc and a dark liquid layer on top. Pour the top layer off and evap or distill that to get fairly clean oil. Not going to be as clear as good BHO but pretty nice and very smokeable if that's what you're after. Makes good meds for edibles too and should retain all the terpenes and aromatics as they are all oil soluble and will be in there.

Sometimes it seems to separate at room temp on it's own but you'll still want to freeze it to make it easier to get teh good stuff off the top. That yucky layer can come along a bit so handle gently and like decanting home brewed beer or wine you watch for it to head for the rim and back off to leave it behind. Just a tiny bit of the solvent/oil mix may be lost but if done carefully it's not worth trying to salvage. I have a glass separatory funnel I could use but if it doesn't separate on it's own I'm hooped as I'm not putting that in the freezer.

I forgot most of what I learned getting a chem diploma in my 30s but stuff like this is so simple I'd never forget it.

Please respect the life work of Tim 420Motoco and 420Magazine using food grade solvent as any product for human use requires by law and promote the safe use of cannabis as medicine.

Concentrated Cannabis Oil is a working cannabis medicine has no association with risk Simpson or any earlier efforts using poison. Please distinguish with Tim 420Motoco has no association to Rick Simpson, RSO. By law only food grade alcohol is permitted in products which come in contact with persons or skin products.

There is no acceptable use for coming into contact with skull and crossbones, a poisons nature is never diluted.
Isopropyl alcohols is incapable of extracting the medicinal qualities of cannabis medicine, its clearly visible to all marked as poison.

The nature of a solvent, its properties and purity is what allows the alcohol to extract an essence, either a solvent is capable of performing a task or unsuitable.

420Magazine.com is the best cannabis related website, where is Rick Simpson to answer for RSO questions here on 420Magazine.com? If Rick Simpson is capable to explain the safety concerns how his chemistry is proven out 420Magazine.com is right here awaiting Rick Simpsons answers since 1993.

Ethanol has it's own hazards and people a lot more educated than me outline safe methods using ISO and/or ethanol and other solvents for extracts.

Can you point me to any forum rules that forbid my instructing people how I make my medicinal oils using solvent other than ethanol?

You'll ingest more hydrocarbons and numerous other pollutants on a 30 min walk on a busy city sidewalk than by ingesting a gallon of oils made with solvents that are decently purged.

You throw the word respect around like I'm deliberately disrespecting people and that's not where I'm at at all.

Maybe it's you that should educate yourself further about the various methods of processing our sacred herb.

Here's a start. Same one I posted above that you most likely didn't even look at.

Back
Top Bottom