How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

I'll keep your mom in my prayers Canna and wishing her a speedy recovery and trip home.....:amen:

On a happier note... All your karma paid off and everything came through just as I hoped it would... I have a major unveiling the end of the month... You all just have to keep your shirts on till then but it is going to be huge...:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:......:circle-of-love:

That is a well documented process!
Nice JOB!
I can only add that a Potato Ricer is the best ever device
to squeeze every bit of oily THC goodness out with !
so easy,
Slag

Best possible choice Cannafan. She needs care 24/7 and they are staffed for this. You will keep them in line :).

I haven't seen budnoob recently. I still suspect that he is getting on with life full steam ahead since he cured his cancer. I'm concerned as well but see this a lot. Back to the grind of life.

Good morning all!

Well, sad to say that the plans for the oil for Mom have changed. We and the doctors decided that for her safety during the recovery and therapy she is going to be staying in a nursing home/therapy facility. Dad is not strong enough right now to take a chance on catching her if she falls. She's getting a hard cast on the arm this week, so that's going to be problematic to get her up and down with any kind of ease. I can't be there except in the evenings because of my job.
I cannot give her the oil while she's there for legal reasons, I don't want her in a bad position with medical staff or insurance companies and she is concerned with that too. It kills me that she will have to endure all of the pharm drugs during that time, but it is what it is.

I'll be ready and waiting to get her off them when she gets home! :cheer:

Now on to happier things, Congratulations BudNoob2 for your nomination to Member of the Month for November! :cheer:

Has anyone heard from him? Haven't seen him around in quite awhile now, sure hope things are okay!
:circle-of-love:

I finally tried making some oil yesterday.
The water distiller I got at the thrift store worked pretty well. I recovered more than half the oil I used, but not much more then 60%. There was some spillage in the process too. I'll get better with practice.

I did run into a problem. When I got the distiller, I took back the other items to sprawlmart. I messed up and took back the hotplate too. Now I have a stainless cup with some thinned oil. I had to add a little oil to the distiller to get it to pour out. I've been heating up the oven, turning it off, then putting the cup inside to cook off the alcohol. It's working, but it's slow :blalol:

The distiller works pretty well. I wasted part of the day trying to modify it with a thermostat, but that didn't work. It works perfect as is for the first step. I just need to figure out how to do the last step in the measuring cup.

I used ~40g of dry material. I did 2 washes with ~20oz of alcohol each time. I do not have very much oil, but it sure smells nice. :)
I'll weight it once I finish decarbing/purging

That is a well documented process!
Nice JOB!
I can only add that a Potato Ricer is the best ever device
to squeeze every bit of oily THC goodness out with !
so easy,
Slag

I had never heard of one of these. I had to look it up :blalol:
It's like a giant garlic press huh? neat!

UPDATE:
Double boiler for the win! :)
Duh. The bubbles did just what they were supposed to. I think I did it. :thanks:

I tried to do a test tack and made a mess of myself, but I'll try again tomorrow.
I figure I should be able to show my wife first.
I'll get a weight later. I forgot to tare my parchment paper, so I'll tare a new one and transfer after is cools. I think I did better than I thought. Should last her at least a couple weeks. :)

thanks again Motoco :love:

Couple of grams short of an 1 1/2 oz should produce about 6 grams if everything went well and the potency is good. If the alcohol is around 90-92% I run 2.5 qwet's to get the same pull with 98% +. Good idea to pour some alcohol through the distiller to get all the goodies out. It will dissipate doing the decarb. This is why food grade alcohol rules. It allows you to get all the left over oil where it needs to go. When I'm done cooking down the oil I add a couple of cap fulls of alcohol to the cooker, use a silicone spatula stir it around to pick up any left over oil and pour that into the ss cup before decarbing. I normally get about a 1/2 gram of oil left in the cooker that use to get cleaned away.

Congratulations on the first batch. Its a learning curve. It always gets better. Less boo boo's happen. Soon you will be a jedi master. I love the smell when its decarbing. So much so I was thinking of making a cologne out of it. The smell attracts the wife :) and visa versa, :) and going to the Dr. after 4 hours isn't needed as there are no side effects except exhaustion, lol.

I finally tried making some oil yesterday.
The water distiller I got at the thrift store worked pretty well. I recovered more than half the oil I used, but not much more then 60%. There was some spillage in the process too. I'll get better with practice.

I did run into a problem. When I got the distiller, I took back the other items to sprawlmart. I messed up and took back the hotplate too. Now I have a stainless cup with some thinned oil. I had to add a little oil to the distiller to get it to pour out. I've been heating up the oven, turning it off, then putting the cup inside to cook off the alcohol. It's working, but it's slow :blalol:

The distiller works pretty well. I wasted part of the day trying to modify it with a thermostat, but that didn't work. It works perfect as is for the first step. I just need to figure out how to do the last step in the measuring cup.

I used ~40g of dry material. I did 2 washes with ~20oz of alcohol each time. I do not have very much oil, but it sure smells nice. :)
I'll weight it once I finish decarbing/purging

I had never heard of one of these. I had to look it up :blalol:
It's like a giant garlic press huh? neat!

UPDATE:
Double boiler for the win! :)
Duh. The bubbles did just what they were supposed to. I think I did it. :thanks:

I tried to do a test tack and made a mess of myself, but I'll try again tomorrow.
I figure I should be able to show my wife first.
I'll get a weight later. I forgot to tare my parchment paper, so I'll tare a new one and transfer after is cools. I think I did better than I thought. Should last her at least a couple weeks. :)

thanks again Motoco :love:

Canna it sounds like there is to much water to me. But I really don't have a clue. That has never happened to me. Maybe water with to many solids. Just things to check.

Hiker I bet it feels good to have the first batch done. :goodjob:

What beemerbill said. Not filtered good, plant wax, debris, etc. Also it could be the temps where not worked up to; start off 190, then 210 degress, etc. Decarbing directly at 250 degrees the bubbles can get aggressive, but I never see or heard a 'popping' noise. Leaves, seeds can do this if not filtered. Other than that its is too hot of temp when all the alcohol burned off. Was it smoking? Even if it wasn't cooked down completely it wouldn't matter as the decarb would finish it off. I've never experienced 'popping' either.

Hey guys/gals, got someone trying to decarb oil and it's popping all over the place, big pops. Ever have that happen? The only thing I could think of is the heat is too high? Any other ideas?

Edit: Is this maybe a sign that it wasn't cooked down completely enough?

It was my mistake. Wife said I didn't do the coffee filter with second wash. Just put it through a muslin bag. Should have listened to her. I just got mentally lost and it won't happen again. Filtered it again and that stopped the popping. Lost about half my oil from a newbie goof. I won't goof again. I really don't like being the knucklehead. Last time wife was in charge. I should have known better. In my case, women are just smarter than me. I'll listen to my smarter half and let her do it next time.

But fortunately, I think I have enough to last until next harvest before Christmas.

Thanks Cannafan, BeemerBill and Motoco for you answers.

WJ

i agree with the others, re: not filtered good enough

we had the same thing to us.

it happened, the one and only time we did a double batch using 6 oz of bud.

our best oil was the last batch we did and it was also our first attempt of winterizing,

yield also seemed to improve because we got about 11 cc from 3 oz.

Hey guys/gals, got someone trying to decarb oil and it's popping all over the place, big pops. Ever have that happen? The only thing I could think of is the heat is too high? Any other ideas?

I've some news...
Went to oncologist today for lab review.
Tumor count is 12. It was 15 last visit & 1534 when I was diagnosed!

The doc said I should find a general practitioner for little things as there no point in chemo with my almost normal #'s!
My new schedule visits are now every 3 months as of today, as opposed to every 2 weeks.

Thank you 420 family for everything & thank you 710.
Thanx Cannabis too!

Happy Trees everyone!

Special vibes to my guardian angel...

cajuncelt, I have so many goose bumps that I'm 1 big goose (bump), congratulation to you.

710 ??????

I've some news...
Went to oncologist today for lab review.
Tumor count is 12. It was 15 last visit & 1534 when I was diagnosed!

The doc said I should find a general practitioner for little things as there no point in chemo with my almost normal #'s!
My new schedule visits are now every 3 months as of today, as opposed to every 2 weeks.

Thank you 420 family for everything & thank you 710.
Thanx Cannabis too!

Happy Trees everyone!

Special vibes to my guardian angel...

Dude I have tars streaming down my face and I don't even know what to say.... That is the most amazing news I have ever heard.... It also gives me such hope....:circle-of-love:

It has happened to me. There are only 2 reasons I could think of:

1. Some of the plant material got through the filter (Major reason). If this has happened you might see some of the green dry material left in the SS cup after the Decarb. process is complete.
2. May be the heat was to high to start with.

The second time I took care of these things and it didn't happen again. Hope this helps

:woohoo: Wow cajun my friend that is fantastic news as a matter of fact it is some of the best news we could all get. Happy Days ahead. :circle-of-love:

Hello,
:goodjob:
I don't know how i missed this thread while i was researching for the cure.

Here are my question as it was very very lengthy thread i thought after reading 4 pages to directly ask something

Question Regarding Oil Extraction

1) In our country there is no such thing as Grain Alcohol in the super market or wine shop. It is totally banned. And max % of alcohol i can get in any whiskey is near about 10% (that is very costly though)
So Grain Alcohol is out of question
2) I also saw that Rick uses chemical to extract the med from the plant material. I also can't find the same (light naptha). It is also banned. So i tried searching Paint Thinners well that too didn't have much info regarding the chem. Or i can say it is not light naptha.
So Light Naptha Out of question
3) I heared Coconut oil alone will be sufficient. Is that true ? I saw several videos of "Bad kitty smiles" who is pro on the subject. She says that "Coconut oil help adsorption" and it make potent oil. In one of her video she show how to make the oil. And do like the method and i feel it is the most safest of all. But i do not have any testimony on if that will work for cancer.

Please can you guide me in my situation as i do not have Alcohol to work with + No Light Naptha (benzine). So only option (i think) is coconut oil. Am i missing some other options ? which are tested and works with cancer and other health problems ?

Question Regarding Grow and harvest

FYI - My aim is to make all rounder medicine for donating purpose to people in need.I have never tasted or seen a marijuana thing in my life. The thing is banned in my country (as of others). So from childhood we kept very very distant from it. So using it Medicinally require certain knowledge about the plant, flower bud, trims etc which i do not possess.
The only method by which i can make the med is by growing myself. I cannot grow organically as it is very complicated and i can't control it. But hydroponics is my way so here are the question..

1) Which strain works on all think like seizure, tumour, brain cancer, lung cancer, epilipsy (now what is that. i will google), arthrithis, simple headaches. If different strain please mention them.
FYI - currently i will work with Northern light from nirvana as i heard from rick that he used this strain. Also it is Low odour as i read so it will be safe for me not getting caught.

2) Now Which method is best for making med grow ? (hydro, soil, organic)

3) Which part of the Plant is used in the process or for medicinal purpose ? The Frostly Leafs, Bud (this is flower right ?), stem, branches etc

4) I heared that eating / juicing 4-5 leafs regularly will provide sufficient suppliment to your body (the plant gender doesn't matter in this). So is it correct ? we can use it as supplement to avoid multi vitamins ?

5) Harvest...(big question) ... So for making oil how exactly should one work in the flowering period ? Should one wait till the trichoma become fully/partially milky, fully/partially amber ? Shall one dry and cure the flowers (also any thing else ?) as people do for smoking ? or what exactly is the method for harvesting for making/extracting oil?

Dude I have tars streaming down my face and I don't even know what to say.... That is the most amazing news I have ever heard.... It also gives me such hope....:circle-of-love:

Thanx D. I'll be open & admit I needed this. Bad. I see right through the med system now. Took almost 50 years, but the blinders are off.

It has happened to me. There are only 2 reasons I could think of:

1. Some of the plant material got through the filter (Major reason). If this has happened you might see some of the green dry material left in the SS cup after the Decarb. process is complete.
2. May be the heat was to high to start with.

The second time I took care of these things and it didn't happen again. Hope this helps

Not-so-great filtering, too high heat, or did you do the drop off water step? Don't if you did. My 1st batch was just a hockey puck that smelled like pine.

:woohoo: Wow cajun my friend that is fantastic news as a matter of fact it is some of the best news we could all get. Happy Days ahead. :circle-of-love:

Thanx Bill. I appreciate that my friend. I hope we share more than frozen grows....Good health!

cajuncelt, I have so many goose bumps that I'm 1 big goose (bump), congratulation to you.

710 ??????

Write or type "710" & look at it upsidedown. Lol. Sorry, should've explained. Thank you 60cal. Very much.

I've been in a horrible environment. Wife had PTSD when we met. I had PTSD in 1992.: We both dealt with it. It was gone, under control, etc. We had a great 20+ years. PTSD free. Traveled, college, kids...a good life.

This struggle with the constant fear of losing me during 5 surgeries, my chemo for 6 straight months last time, my loss of income which I was the sole provider, loss of insurance (life & medical), we've sold most everything. We don't even own a computer anymore...

All have brought back her PTSD because she cannot get a job & I'm now the enemy. Family, counselors, friends... nothing has helped. Not even the news today.

I'm in 1992 again, but have risen above it all. It's identical to living in a lunatic asylum. We love each other, but she's no longer IN love I now know. I would give up my health to keep my soulmate, but she shut out even family. Our kids, her siblings, her father, my brother & nephews etc. & is not interested in help. Thinks she doesn't need it. It's ALL someone else... always. Now grandkids are affected because she refuses to go see them. I go alone & make exuces for it all.
When you've PTSD, the ppl closest to you pay the price. They become the enemy in the person's mind.

I was given a choice: the family or her. I pick family. So, I was informed that since the cancer's at bay for now, than I can continue by myself.

I'm sorry for sharing this, but my point is that we have to keep pushing & moving ahead. No matter what. And I damn sure am. I know my situation is not near what a lot of awesome ppl are going through. That's the point. You can't stop. No matter what. Keep moving forward.

A friend loves frogs because they don't jump backwards, always forward.

Leaning forward in the foxhole. Leaning into the storm.

Back
Top Bottom