howsjosh

So I guess I start off with the setup
I have:
3 96x5w mars hydro reflector led lights
1 40"x 40"x 80"(3'4"x 3'4"x 6'8") tent
1 6" inline duct fan and fan speed controller
1 tilt fan I might want to get an oscilating fan also...
2 2 outlet timers
1 Acurite thermometer
1 pair led grow sun glasses
1 "dope scope" for your phone so I can see tricomes and take pics
1 surge protector protects up to 4200 joules
1 extension cord
10 1 gallon pots
5 5 gallon pots
saucers

IMG_091437.JPG

IMG_090427.JPG
IMG_091538.JPG
IMG_088427.JPG
IMG_088532.JPG

I am going to be using earth juice nutes... and you will find out I'm all about earth juice now days I'm not quite sure why but I'm just giving you a warning...
so nutes:
Earth Juice Grow
Earth Juice Bloom
Earth Juice Microblast
Earth Juice Catalyst
Earth Juice Meta K
Earth Juice Big Bloomin' Guano
Earth Juice God Silica
Earth Juice High Brix
Earth Juice Cal-N-Mag
Earth Juice Rooters Mycorrhizae...
yeah Earth Juice...

IMG_091931.JPG

I'm using Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil (because I cant find Earth Juice Amazon Bloom soil) I already transplanted from the small pot they give you at the dispensary into a 1 gallon pot. with fox farm soil some added in perlite (probably to much... meh) and a tsp of micorrhizae each mixed in with the soil and perlite mix... I didn't water them yet the soil wasn't really to moist but not super dry either so I figured I would water them tomorrow with a super low dose feeding... I will eventually transplant into a 5 gallon pot with some perlite and mycorrhizae added in...
IMG_0900_2_.JPG
IMG_090226.JPG
IMG_088626.JPG

Now for my grow I was going to go perpetual but I think I will start that after my first grow. So I'm just growing 3 plants in the tent unless I go and pick up another one we will see... but for now just the 3 under the 3 lights which I think will be an insane amout of light for the area so I think they/I will love it... I want to do a sort of lst but with weighted objects like a water bottle that I add water to to weigh it down and I hope that the plant will try and lift it back up and when it starts to do that I'll add more weight to it so it pulls it back down and so forth... I like the idea of having it be more like resistance so the plant can kind of fight back instead of just being tied down... I will have one rope attached to the side of the pot to hold the base of the stem so it doesn't pull on the roots and stuff and I don't know what I will do with side branches...I don't think I will do a scrog yet but that may change sometime in the future along with who knows what...

my strains are:
Sunset Sherbet:
Genetics: Girl Scout Cookie x Pink Panties
Strain: Indica Leaning Hybrid (85/15 I think)
Flowering Time: 9 - 10 Weeks
Height: Tall
Yield: Good
IMG_089136.JPG

Cookie Fi
50/50 Hybrid
Yield: Medium
Flowering Time: 8-9 Weeks
Plant Height: Medium
Genetics: GSC x Wifi OG

IMG_089025.JPG

Tangie Banana Suprise
and I cant find any info for this one but maybe I'll check at the dispensary
sometime I dunno... All I know is its Tangie Banana and Cherry Pie... or
something like that...

IMG_088932.JPG

I'm going to be doing 18/6 with the lights off during the hottest part of
the day and on in the coldest part of the night to keep my temps stable...

I also wanted to make a side note that I'm kinda stuck in the ways I want
to do things but I don't want to sound likea jerk if I don't take some
kind of advice or something... because I may use that advice for the future
but for my first growI'll probably pretty much just do what I want to do...
But please comment and give advice and all that stuff because I will most
likely use that advice in the future I want this journal so I can look back
and see if I made a mistake somewhere or what not and see where I can improve.
I hope you all enjoy the grow...

Im in homie. Very nice set up you have there. Those girls should Love it. My only advise so far is to watch tying down with weights. They make things difficult when time to move stuff around. What are you going to tie down with? And are you going to top them? What is the Godsillica and rooters for? Also seeing how you plan to keep it dark during the day, Might wanna turn all the lights on in that room, climb in the tent, zip it up and see if you have any light leaks. Iv seen people go thru 3 months of growing and the plant never would flower. Lovely plant but never would flower. Even after 40 days. Turned out he had a couple small light leaks in his tent. My tent has a few leaks also, but I keep it in a dark room and dont go out there during lights out. Just a few thoughts to get you started. I dont have alot of experience or knowledge, but you can use what I do have. :) Hopefully you will get more company than I did. More company means more knowledge and help. Good luck.

Yeah the weight thing could get interesting but it's going to happen until I decided it's to big a headache to deal with... The area the tent is in stays dark 24/7... We will see how it goes I'm literally not really worried about anything because I consider this a hobby so if I ruin some plants no big deal other than the cash I paid for the plants... But money comes and goes...

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I haven't decided if I'm going to top them yet or not... Godsilica is a potassium silicate which helps protect your plant from heat and other environmental stresses... It was super hard to find ended up paying double for it on the internets... The rooters is beneficial fungi for the roots... And I'm just going to tie down with this soft rope net thing I bought a while back basically a Scrog net that I cut strips of rope off of

GodSilica
N0.00% — P0.00% — K 3.00% with 8.00% Silicate

A Highly Concentrated Liquid Silica and Potassium Supplement.

Promotes resistance to climate stress such as heat, drought and cold. Helps plants resist mineral toxicities. Aids in photosynthesis. To be used as part of a complete fertilizer program.

gave the girls a little bit of plain water yesterday because I didn't water when I transplanted... going to wait till the soil is dry then probably doing a very low dose feeding but that probably wont be for like 4 days or something... I forgot to add before that right now I only have 1 light with both switches on... partially to save power and also because I don't think they need 600w of led on them right now... on my birthday...(Thursday) I will be turning on another light with both switches on and the last one will be a few days to a week after that depending on how fast they grow...

gave the girls a little bit of plain water yesterday because I didn't water when I transplanted... going to wait till the soil is dry then probably doing a very low dose feeding but that probably wont be for like 4 days or something... I forgot to add before that right now I only have 1 light with both switches on... partially to save power and also because I don't think they need 600w of led on them right now... on my birthday...(Thursday) I will be turning on another light with both switches on and the last one will be a few days to a week after that depending on how fast they grow...
Happy early birthday bud! It is always good to water after the transplant to make sure air is removed from the pot so they can settle in better. But it sounds like you have a really good plan coming along. :thumb:

Great looking journal. Interested in the earth juice line. Im gonna watch your results. Good luck man, and. Enjoy it. Mad props for getting visitors to post to your journal so quick. I must have cooties, no one. Wants to peep me out and say wassup.

Yea always water after transplant homie. I am going to have to get me some of that godsillica for sure. It gets hot in my room. Even with fans blowing air out of the room. They need some extra protection. Good to see everything is coming along.

@OFIKSOo Yo I hear you homie. I got the same going on. Not sure what it is. Some journals will get lots of people and some are lucky to get a few dedicated people to hang around. But Im coming over to hang out.

Great looking journal. Interested in the earth juice line. Im gonna watch your results. Good luck man, and. Enjoy it. Mad props for getting visitors to post to your journal so quick. I must have cooties, no one. Wants to peep me out and say wassup.

you should check out It'sNaturals journal he uses earth juice nutes and I thought his harvest looked awesome... his setup is similar to mine and after seeing his grow I got super excited about getting all my stuff...

I decided to just lower the light instead of turning another one on... I mixed up a very light batch of nutes that I will give them maybe this weekend... I don't know it depends on how long it takes the soil to dry... Temps seem to stay between 64-77 humidity is like 38-62...

I haven't updated in a while so I thought I should say a little something... plants look like they are starting to grow some... I finally figured out names for them: Shirley's Sunset Sherbet; Carly's Cookie-Fi; Tanya's Tangie Banana Surprise... the dirt is getting dry so I figure I'll probably need to water tomorrow or something with the very mild batch of nutes I made... My buddy dropped off some things for my birthday... some twine, mini hand broom with dust pan, a little dry erase board, some clip thingys, and a squirt bottle... I'll probably start weighing the plants down probably after I water I'll have to take some before and after pics and stuff... I found a little pirate guy that I might use for "Shirley" might try and find like a little army guy for "Tanya"... and for "Carly" I will have to find something slightly heavier she has the strongest stem...

oh yeah the nute mix was mixed in like 2/3 gallon of water and is as follows:
1/2 tsp grow
1/8 tsp micro
1/8 tsp bloom
1/4 tsp catalyst
1/8 tsp meta k
couple of drops of cal mag
1/8 tsp hi-brix
drop or 2 of god silica
couple drops big bloomin' guano

the amount of nutrients I plan on constantly changing... I have a whole feeding program already typed out that I constantly change but I plan on kind of sticking to it so I just have some sort of plan that I can change but it will help keep me on track... still just have the 1 light on its about 20" above the plants... its been kind of cold out yesterday and today so that kind of sucks but my temps are staying between 66-70... well I guess they did hit a low of 59 at some point but I'm not worried about anything...

I haven't updated in a while so I thought I should say a little something... plants look like they are starting to grow some... I finally figured out names for them: Shirley's Sunset Sherbet; Carly's Cookie-Fi; Tanya's Tangie Banana Surprise... the dirt is getting dry so I figure I'll probably need to water tomorrow or something with the very mild batch of nutes I made... My buddy dropped off some things for my birthday... some twine, mini hand broom with dust pan, a little dry erase board, some clip thingys, and a squirt bottle... I'll probably start weighing the plants down probably after I water I'll have to take some before and after pics and stuff... I found a little pirate guy that I might use for "Shirley" might try and find like a little army guy for "Tanya"... and for "Carly" I will have to find something slightly heavier she has the strongest stem...

oh yeah the nute mix was mixed in like 2/3 gallon of water and is as follows:
1/2 tsp grow
1/8 tsp micro
1/8 tsp bloom
1/4 tsp catalyst
1/8 tsp meta k
couple of drops of cal mag
1/8 tsp hi-brix
drop or 2 of god silica
couple drops big bloomin' guano

the amount of nutrients I plan on constantly changing... I have a whole feeding program already typed out that I constantly change but I plan on kind of sticking to it so I just have some sort of plan that I can change but it will help keep me on track... still just have the 1 light on its about 20" above the plants... its been kind of cold out yesterday and today so that kind of sucks but my temps are staying between 66-70... well I guess they did hit a low of 59 at some point but I'm not worried about anything...

Just thinking about temps makes me wanna scream. What a Pain in the ass. Its too cold....Its too hot..... Son of a .... I have same problems here homie. Yesterday it was too cold. Luckily I had foreseen this and had my heaters turned on 3 and my door shut. But it left both Money Makers out in the rest of the cold building drying. I moved them into the grow room.
Humidity is another Pain in the Ass. I bought a Humidifier because at the time there was snow on the ground and the humidity in my grow tent was 14. But now its spring and summer time and humidity is up, plus the humidity from the girls, and in flower that is a no no. And a Dehumidifier is WAY more pricey than a humidifier. So I will have to wait a bit to get one. But I thinking its a must have for those muggy summer days. I had a little bit of bud rot from an outside plant a couple years ago from the humidity. (im assuming) So I see that poor bud every time I see it say anything above 50 on my thing. PAIN IN THE ASS

Looks like you got yourself a plan and ready to get serious about life. Why did you give Meta k? All in all sound good homie. Whats your feeding chart plan look like. I know it will most likely change but still would like to see what your working on. Any, stay green. :peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom