ItsNatural's 1st Grow - Mars LED 192x5 Reflector - Mars 3x3x6 Tent

Ok so I have come to the conclusion that I had my light too low and that is what caused the leaves to go yellow and what caused the fox tailing. Ill have to go back thru my journal but it seems like I had it at about 28-30 inch in flower. Lowered it to eventually 19-20. But I did that because I was noticing that my buds were smaller towards the bottom. Nice tops but then as you go down they would get smaller. SO I figured my light was too high. And maybe it was. I think next grow I will go 25'' and if I see yellowing I will raise. I had a feeling it was too low because the middle of the tent was yellow and outside fine. And after researching fox tails it just confirms it. ( to me anyway). Hopefully my smoke is fine. I didnt lower it till the last few weeks and the buds are VERY sticky. But Live and learn. Now I know.

I gave LS2 water with 3tsp of Catalyst. I watered with half. Let it sit for about 20 30 mins to allow the salts and whatever to breakdown so when I gave it the rest it would was it away a little. So gave Half gallon, then another 3/4th gallon with plenty run off. I will give plain water Friday the same way. Then chop Sat or Sunday. Clean my tent. Change my dirt. And transplant these babies

20160516_153742.jpg

Into my 3 Gallon fab pots and do it all over again. Should I got to 5 gallon pots??

Anyone know why the bottoms didnt fill in like they should have. Too thick maybe?

If you were going to do 5 gal I wouldn't put them in 3 gal first because it would be a pain to transplant from 3-5 gal in my opinion I think it just depends on how big you want the plants bigger pot= bigger roots= bigger plant... So if you are pushing for bigger yields and have the space I would say definitely go with 5 gal... I almost got 7 gal pots but they were at least twice the cost of 5 gal

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

If you were going to do 5 gal I wouldn't put them in 3 gal first because it would be a pain to transplant from 3-5 gal in my opinion I think it just depends on how big you want the plants bigger pot= bigger roots= bigger plant... So if you are pushing for bigger yields and have the space I would say definitely go with 5 gal... I almost got 7 gal pots but they were at least twice the cost of 5 gal

No I wouldnt do that. I would go str8 to 5 gal if i was going to do that

I chopped the last girl yesterday before light on. I went ahead an defoliated and manicured her for the most part. But I left everything on the stalk and got it hanging between the table again. But no fans blowing anywhere. I will keep a close eye on it and jar sooner this time. My last got too dry. Im hoping to do this one perfect. Plant was very sticky. I wish I would have took more pictures but I was trying to get it done in a somewhat hurry. I had to chop the last plant, take the screen out, clean the tent real good. and put new plants in there. There unfortunately some yellow sugar leaves that couldnt get manicured out. So its not the best looking, But SO STICKY and STINKY. Im not selling any of it so as long as its good, Im happy. Here are some pictures

20160521_101117.jpg
20160521_120834.jpg
20160521_120839.jpg

Ill get a dry weight to ya in a few days or so. Hopefully 5 or more.

Here is the root ball ... gotta love the fab pots

20160519_151608.jpg
20160519_151549.jpg

Dirty fab pots

20160520_093706.jpg
20160520_093710.jpg

After I brushed it off with a cleaning brush

20160520_093714.jpg
20160520_093717.jpg

I then just threw them in the washer.

Ill post again when I have everything jarred and curing.

i chopped the last girl yesterday before light on. I went ahead an defoliated and manicured her for the most part. But i left everything on the stalk and got it hanging between the table again. But no fans blowing anywhere. I will keep a close eye on it and jar sooner this time. My last got too dry. Im hoping to do this one perfect. Plant was very sticky. I wish i would have took more pictures but i was trying to get it done in a somewhat hurry. I had to chop the last plant, take the screen out, clean the tent real good. And put new plants in there. There unfortunately some yellow sugar leaves that couldnt get manicured out. So its not the best looking, but so sticky and stinky. Im not selling any of it so as long as its good, im happy. Here are some pictures

20160521_101117.jpg
20160521_120834.jpg
20160521_120839.jpg

ill get a dry weight to ya in a few days or so. Hopefully 5 or more.

Here is the root ball ... Gotta love the fab pots

20160519_151608.jpg
20160519_151549.jpg

dirty fab pots

20160520_093706.jpg
20160520_093710.jpg

after i brushed it off with a cleaning brush

20160520_093714.jpg
20160520_093717.jpg

i then just threw them in the washer.

Ill post again when i have everything jarred and curing.

yay!!!

Nice job on the grow man. I've been keeping tabs on it before you started to flower them. Awesome job for your first time! As for your question up top there about the 3 vs 5 gal pots. I've heard people argue you don't need the bigger pots but I say go for it. I would probably wait till about a week or two before you switch to 12/12 to transplant. This will give them a bit more room and some fresh nutes in the soil too. Just my 2 cents. Nice job man. My only advice, and its just from learning the hard way, is to keep things similar enough to your last grow so you can really start to dial in what works and what doesn't. changing one or two things here and there. I changed everything up like three times in a row and it made it hard for me to start to get it right.

Nice job on the grow man. I've been keeping tabs on it before you started to flower them. Awesome job for your first time! As for your question up top there about the 3 vs 5 gal pots. I've heard people argue you don't need the bigger pots but I say go for it. I would probably wait till about a week or two before you switch to 12/12 to transplant. This will give them a bit more room and some fresh nutes in the soil too. Just my 2 cents. Nice job man. My only advice, and its just from learning the hard way, is to keep things similar enough to your last grow so you can really start to dial in what works and what doesn't. changing one or two things here and there. I changed everything up like three times in a row and it made it hard for me to start to get it right.

I aint forgot about ya Freezy. :) I was wondering where ya slipped off to. Thanks for the advice. I for sure hear what your saying. Like I planed on my screen being lower, and when it wasnt I should have tied off the branches first things, THEN start tucking. So it make a 90 degree angle sorta. Instead, in the beginning, I just tucked, and it forced the lower part of the branch back down under the screen. Now I know. I would like to get my scrog fined tuned before I try anything else. I eventually am going to do a SOG. Less veg time, more choice buds. But it also takes more plants, and in my case that is more seeds, which = more money. Plus more plants is more headache But it is so temping. I wanna see just how much I can get out of this SCROG tho. I would really like to get 4zzs a plant eventually. that would be a pound a grow. Im not even sure my light is strong enough to pull a pound. Anyway im blabbering. Thanks for the kind words and stopping in.

As for my last Lemon Skunk I have hanging, Im keeping a close eye on it. i dont have any fans going right now so hopefully it will take longer than last time and I can catch it before it gets too dry. She looks like she will be about the same as the rest in weight. Maybe on the lower side, but Idk. Before chop she looked like the biggest one in there. So Im hoping for another 2zzs or more. :)

Yeah I hear ya with the SOG. I've never tried SOG myself just a few scrogs. I just put my mother plant into its own scrog a few weeks ago any its almost 4.5' x 4.5' :) I'm excited to see how she does. The only thing with a SOG I would say is if you plan on doing different strains I would try to get ones that grow similar heights that way you don't have a few towering over others. That's where, if you have the room, multiple strain grows can be better with scrogs because you have the scrog to control the height. Good luck!

Hey buddy's I was curious what kind of airstone you use when your bubbling your nutes Tokampstra gave me an air pump this weekend and I just need to pick up some tubing and an airstone which I'll probably purchase off the internets... I also need to do a decent sized update on my journal I've just been lazy the last couple of days we will see if I get it done today after work...

As for my last Lemon Skunk I have hanging, Im keeping a close eye on it. i dont have any fans going right now so hopefully it will take longer than last time and I can catch it before it gets too dry. She looks like she will be about the same as the rest in weight. Maybe on the lower side, but Idk. Before chop she looked like the biggest one in there. So Im hoping for another 2zzs or more. :)

Get a fan on them don't want them fruits spoiling now n here's a shot of my view

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using 420

Hey buddy's I was curious what kind of airstone you use when your bubbling your nutes Tokampstra gave me an air pump this weekend and I just need to pick up some tubing and an airstone which I'll probably purchase off the internets... I also need to do a decent sized update on my journal I've just been lazy the last couple of days we will see if I get it done today after work...

I bought 2. The first didnt work so well so I went and got this one.

capture_22.PNG

Im not sure how big the air pump is but you could also go with those cheap small ones a walmart and do it in a gallon jug. That way you can mix different amounts of nutes if you gotta. Either way is good tho.

UPDATE:

Ok so I jarred my last Lemon Skunk. I de-stemmed it almost completely. Even destroying some trophy buds to do it. I really just want all bud in my jars for the most part. That way I know my weight is exact and not embellished by fat heavy stems. I also like the others took all the small popcorn buds and put them in a separate jar which wasnt part of the weight, for butter and oil So after all that, which only took about 40 mins or so. I ended up with........DRUM ROLL......

:) :party: I got 86gs :theband:

20160525_140053.jpg

So in the end i Harvested

Money Makers 105G
Lemon Skunks 130G

For a total of 235Gs.
Thats a little over a half G per watt. Which I know is half of what I should have got. (from what I gather anyway) But I am SUPER HAPPY with my first grow. All buds are super sticky and covered in trichomes. I havent smoked any yet so I cant speak on that part. But I was hoping for 2zzs a plant and out did my expectations. Now lets just hope I can continue my success and even get better with my next grow. Please stop in and say high.

Back
Top Bottom