ItsNatural's 1st Grow - Mars LED 192x5 Reflector - Mars 3x3x6 Tent

That's a tough one. At first I would say low temps causing color change, but I would think they would be reversed. Green in the middle and colors near the walls. That led me to think 'what are the temps outside the tent?' .. but then I see the prior history and I'm thinking it's tied into that. Or both. The light might have something to do with it also. I'm running two in a 4x8 and my Permafrost is showing colors that are very hard to get under HID. It's a thinker for sure lol.

As for flushing you'll get a lot of feedback. Many will say not at all with organic. When I do that I get a real bad bite or aftertaste from some of my strains. My belief is to keep flushing short in most cases. 1 week .. 10days max. You really have to watch your girls during flush. The organic minded are correct about washing away nutes and valuable microbes so you don't want to go to long. Just long enough to finish processing the nutes in the soil. I usually kick off a flush period with a nice dose of sweetener to get the microbes all fired up lol.

Those buds are looking delicious regardless. That's a first indoor grow to be proud of for sure man. :bravo: Damn I bet it reeks so good :)

+reps for "I have to know" :rofl: Get used to it. It never stops.

:Namaste:

That's probably a genetics thing I don't think anything in the 60's would be to low... But right now your plants are probably trying to use up the rest of the nutrients in the soil and in the plant since you aren't giving it anymore because you are flushing they aren't as readily available plus right now would be fall for your plants since they are getting close to harvest... Just what I think

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

That's a tough one. At first I would say low temps causing color change, but I would think they would be reversed. Green in the middle and colors near the walls. That led me to think 'what are the temps outside the tent?' .. but then I see the prior history and I'm thinking it's tied into that. Or both. The light might have something to do with it also. I'm running two in a 4x8 and my Permafrost is showing colors that are very hard to get under HID. It's a thinker for sure lol.

As for flushing you'll get a lot of feedback. Many will say not at all with organic. When I do that I get a real bad bite or aftertaste from some of my strains. My belief is to keep flushing short in most cases. 1 week .. 10days max. You really have to watch your girls during flush. The organic minded are correct about washing away nutes and valuable microbes so you don't want to go to long. Just long enough to finish processing the nutes in the soil. I usually kick off a flush period with a nice dose of sweetener to get the microbes all fired up lol.

Those buds are looking delicious regardless. That's a first indoor grow to be proud of for sure man. :bravo: Damn I bet it reeks so good :)

+reps for "I have to know" :rofl: Get used to it. It never stops.

:Namaste:

Thanks for your imput. I agree with you on the Organic flush. I Dont think a long flush is needed but what do I know. LOL. I am almost certainly going to chop Tuesday. They may have went another week if I didnt start the flush but its ok. Its will have 9 full weeks. The Lemon Skunk 2 I will keep going for another week or so but I really need that tent. My babies are getting too big for the set up I got in there. Its a live and learn lesson. I know now not to start my seeds until I have started harvesting my other tent. It was only meant to be a starting spot for the first week or 2. But I was going by a 8 week harvest. So im thrown off. Anyway, good to have your imput here.

@howsjosh
They was 18" but I raised it after I noticed the color to about 20-22"

Ok so can anyone tell me what is causing this color change in some of my buds. It seems to be the ones right under the light. Maybe its too low. But if you look. 1 set of buds is nice and green. And this other set has a red/brown look to it. Its not all of them. but enough to make me worry. Things to note. Temps have dropped last few nights. Got down to as cold as 63 in the tent. Going thru flush. (but so are the other buds are are still green) Humidity is down around 46-50.

Green buds. Outer part of tent

20160505_105626.jpg

And more toward the middle

20160505_105453.jpg
20160505_105501.jpg

And my Lemon Skunk 1 Has the same colors kinda. Not so much on the buds but the whole plant except the very outside looks like this

20160505_105535.jpg
20160505_105516.jpg
20160505_105522.jpg

Now Iv never really flushed before, nore have I ever grown with organics. Nor have I grown indoors before. LOL So I have NO CLUE whats going on. Is this natural? Am I ok? Is there a reason it has done this? Iv seen other grows that were flushed and they still looked pretty good other than yellow fan leaves. But my sugar leaves are a red color. I plan on chopping Tuesday I think. But I need to know If this is bad? If so why? And how in my next grow do I prevent this from happening again? If someone could PLEASE help so I dont do this again. That would be Tony the Tiger.......GRRRRREEAT!!

Here are some random Pictures Of the grow right now.

20160505_105344.jpg
20160505_105403.jpg
20160505_105409.jpg
20160505_105417.jpg
20160505_105422.jpg
20160505_105433.jpg
20160505_105446.jpg
20160505_105453.jpg
20160505_105510.jpg
20160505_105516.jpg
20160505_105522.jpg
20160505_105535.jpg
20160505_105541.jpg
20160505_105546.jpg
20160505_105607.jpg
20160505_105600.jpg
20160505_105551.jpg
20160505_105626.jpg
20160505_105638.jpg
20160505_105644.jpg
Beautiful

Thanks for your imput. I agree with you on the Organic flush. I Dont think a long flush is needed but what do I know. LOL. I am almost certainly going to chop Tuesday. They may have went another week if I didnt start the flush but its ok. Its will have 9 full weeks. The Lemon Skunk 2 I will keep going for another week or so but I really need that tent. My babies are getting too big for the set up I got in there. Its a live and learn lesson. I know now not to start my seeds until I have started harvesting my other tent. It was only meant to be a starting spot for the first week or 2. But I was going by a 8 week harvest. So im thrown off. Anyway, good to have your imput here.

@howsjosh
They was 18" but I raised it after I noticed the color to about 20-22"
Color happens like fall but if u are full organic then I've always just plain water no teas last week that's it with no run off n chop when ready

The color change is most likely due to the big temperature drop. You don't want to have a temperature difference more than 10°c day and night. It could also be genetics, but leaves will turn purple if the temperatures are cold.

The color change is most likely due to the big temperature drop. You don't want to have a temperature difference more than 10°c day and night. It could also be genetics, but leaves will turn purple if the temperatures are cold.

Yea I wish I had a more controlled environment. Its really hard to keep temps normal. I have to check on them several times a day because Temps can fluctuate pretty easy in there. I bought a big fan for the room to air the room out. My RH has been in the 40s since but temps are still getting up in the 90s in the day. And chilli at night. I almost chopped 1 yesterday but I am going to chop 3 of them tomorrow. I checked them again with a microscope and If I wouldnt have started flushing already I believe I could have let them go another 2 weeks. But I flushed too early and its time. I will definitely do things different next grow. I will wait until Im ready to harvest and then I will flush and start the other crop. Save alot of headache and trouble. I just hope they are still as good as they was. They dont look as pretty. Thats for sure.

Yea I wish I had a more controlled environment. Its really hard to keep temps normal. I have to check on them several times a day because Temps can fluctuate pretty easy in there. I bought a big fan for the room to air the room out. My RH has been in the 40s since but temps are still getting up in the 90s in the day. And chilli at night. I almost chopped 1 yesterday but I am going to chop 3 of them tomorrow. I checked them again with a microscope and If I wouldnt have started flushing already I believe I could have let them go another 2 weeks. But I flushed too early and its time. I will definitely do things different next grow. I will wait until Im ready to harvest and then I will flush and start the other crop. Save alot of headache and trouble. I just hope they are still as good as they was. They dont look as pretty. Thats for sure.
To me at the end the more unappealing they get the better

UPDATE:
105 Days From Seed.....62 Days In Flower

Ok so I am going to chop 3 of the girls in the morning before the lights come on. I am going to leave Lemon Skunk 2 going for a bit longer. She has SO MANY white hairs. And they come out thick too. Its kinda odd. Take a look. They kinda come out in clusters real thick

20160509_125429.jpg
20160509_125423.jpg
20160509_125435.jpg
20160509_125448.jpg

She looks like she still has 2 or 3 weeks left. And she is at 9 weeks now. Working on week 10. Should I go ahead and shop her too. Or let her go?

I went ahead and took all my ties off, so in the morning I can easily cut them down. I wont have much light on so I would rather get that all done first. Its the first time I have actually grabbed any of the buds and touched them. I had gloves on but I still got a sense of the density and such. They are very dense and sticky. Im excited for tomorrow. Still need to know tho if I should go ahead and cut down The Lemon Skunk 2.

UPDATE:
105 Days From Seed.....62 Days In Flower

Ok so I am going to chop 3 of the girls in the morning before the lights come on. I am going to leave Lemon Skunk 2 going for a bit longer. She has SO MANY white hairs. And they come out thick too. Its kinda odd. Take a look. They kinda come out in clusters real thick

20160509_125429.jpg
20160509_125423.jpg
20160509_125435.jpg
20160509_125448.jpg

She looks like she still has 2 or 3 weeks left. And she is at 9 weeks now. Working on week 10. Should I go ahead and shop her too. Or let her go?
I would let the skunk go another week or two they are swelling hard

UPDATE:
107 Days From Seed.....64 Days In Flower

Yesterday I chopped
MONEY MAKER 1
MONEY MAKER 2
LEMON SKUNK1 (aka Stretch) If you go back to the start. After she broke ground. I had lights out and she stretched to about 6 inches. I layed her stem down and kinda wrapped it in a circle on the dirt and then put a layer of dirt over it with 2 inches left out on the edge of the cup. I was worried at first as I had never done that. But it seem to work out. So for anyone that has this happen, dont panic, just bury it. And if you are like me and there isnt room to do it right, just wrap in around your container.

So I went out there right before lights on. I turned the switches on my lights off so they wouldnt come on. I used the light from my phone, pointed toward opposite wall, so the only light hitting the plants was the reflection light of the other wall. It was a pain in the ass but I wanted to make sure they didnt try to start pulling stuff back from the roots. I prolly went over board but thats me. Anyway it was a pain to chop and get them out of the screen without messing the screen up. I tied the SHIT out of those girls. After untying all I seen the day before. There was STILL alot of places tied to the screen. And in the dark it was a PAIN. But again, these are all good problems to have. :) So I chopped and then I took them to other room will more light. Not a ton but enough. I cut all the can leaves that were left and manicured it partially. I left most of the sugar leaves but took the easy to get ones. I hung all both Money Makers in between my ping pong table. I have a fan in the other room blowing out against a wall that should be lightly moving air thru the folded up table. It should keep it dark and not allow too much air, but enough air to slow dry.
The Lemon Skunk I didnt have room for so I hung it in the grow room. It stay fairly dark in there but there is some light from the small tent. I have No Idea how much those 3 girls are gonna weigh dry, but some of them had some good weight to them wet. Pretty dense thick nugs. Do you all think the folded up table is a bad Idea. Not enough air? I would hate to screw this part up. I plant to let dry for 5-7 day, then into mason jars where I will burb every couple hours for about a day or so and then I will throw my Beveda 62 packs in there and continue to monitor. But I believe Once I throw those in it will keep it at 62. I could throw them in right off the back but I know at first it will still have alot of moisture in the middle of nugs. I want to get a little of that out before I start with the 62 packs. Im hoping the 62 pack will make for an easier and better cure. Any thoughts. Here are some pictures for ya. I will take some better ones after they dry and I take them back down.

20160510_105743.jpg
20160510_105823.jpg
20160510_105831.jpg
20160510_105838.jpg
20160510_121333.jpg
20160510_121312.jpg
20160510_121258.jpg
20160510_141149.jpg
20160510_141202.jpg
20160510_141306.jpg

Back
Top Bottom