ItsNatural's 1st Grow - Mars LED 192x5 Reflector - Mars 3x3x6 Tent

UPDATE:
83 Days From Seed.....40 Days In Flower
Current Temp: 83F
Current RH: 53

Mixed my nutes yesterday. Have them currently bubbling. I will feed them tonight before lights out.

1tsp MICROBLAST
5tsp BLOOM
1tsp BIG BLOOMIN GUANO
1/2tsp CALMAG
1/4tsp META-K

Im thinking I will only feed them 1 more time after this one with some bloom and Microblast. After that I believe it will be straight water from then out. I have a feeling tho that 1 plant in particular will need to go longer.
20160415_175718.jpg

Alot of white hairs still on them buds. It seems to have a totally different pheno (did I use that right lol) than the other LS does. Check the difference in the 2 LS

This is Lemon skunk1

20160415_175517.jpg

Compared to LS2

20160415_175524.jpg

I just dont know if I see LS2 being done in the next 2 weeks. Which is a good thing. I really need to get me a way to look at the Trichomes. Anyway. I will update more later on. I still have to put up my other tent and what not. Till then. :peacetwo:

UPDATE:
84 Days From Seed.....41 Days In Flower
Current Temp: 86F
Current RH: 51

I got the rest of my stuff for my little tent in today. Tomorrow I will put it all together and find a place for it. I am going to soak my beans here in a sec and let them soak until tomorrow morning. I will then put them in damp paper towels for another 24hrs. And then on to the dirt.

I ordered some Beveda 62 packs today for the curing and storing. I also ordered a cheap usb microscope so I can harvest exactly when I Should be. With mostly cloudy, few amber trichomes. And I dont think they are all going to be done at same time. I put alot of work into this, so I dont want to be lazy about the harvest. I want to harvest when they are ready and not just because the 8 week mark is up. I believe at least 1 will take 9 weeks. But that is why I want the Scope.

I made my nute mix today. I will feed them Weds but I wanted to go ahead an make it today so it can bubble for 48 hrs.

1tsp MICROBLAST
4tsp BLOOM
1tsp BIG BLOOMIN GUANO

My plan is to give just bloom this week and then plain water until harvest. Buds are still swelling right now so I dont want to cut the bloom too quick. I would still give some cal mag if it wasnt for the N. but Im loving what I see. I dont know how potent it is going to be. Im guessing better than this press. Im not sure what the yield is going to be, but I am SOOOO EXCITED :party::goof::party:
I know I still got weeks left. 2 or 3 growing and at least 4 drying and curing, before I even get to sample my labors. But its the home stretch. :) and Im getting stoked.

I started my seeds for my next grow. After long thought and research. Iv decided to go with 2 Lemon Skunks, 1 Bubbas Gift, And 1 Truthband. I really kinda wanted to do all 4 Lemon Skunks, but I like to change things up. And even tho the Money Maker has a better rating from my research than the Truthband, I still am going to try it out. I plan on putting both Lemon Skunks in the back again and put the Bubbas Gift and Truthband in the front. So I can closely monitor them. As I have grew the LS b4 I got a small sense of what it entails. I presoaked all the beans last night in water. Today I put them in PPT.

20160418_183607.jpg
20160418_183819.jpg
20160418_183837.jpg
20160419_104310.jpg

I also put my tent together and installed everything. The Instructions were shit and really had nothing to do with my tent. But I got it together. I also filled my cups up with FFOF with Perlite Mixed in. And then watered the cups so it will be nice and moist for when I plant the seeds in them.

20160419_112148.jpg
20160419_112154.jpg
20160419_112257.jpg
20160419_112340.jpg
20160419_112439.jpg
20160419_112649.jpg
20160419_112937.jpg
20160419_112941.jpg
20160419_115112.jpg
20160419_115125.jpg
20160419_115314.jpg
20160419_115332.jpg
20160419_115351.jpg
20160419_115458.jpg
20160419_120142.jpg
20160419_124946.jpg
20160419_124953.jpg
20160419_125001.jpg
20160419_125231.jpg
20160419_131336.jpg
20160419_131350.jpg
20160419_131358.jpg
20160419_131805.jpg

Here is a picture of 1 of the Money Makers Buds. I seen it and was kinda thrown off a bit on how frosty it was. So I had to take a picture. The picture doesnt do it justice to be honest but without turning led off and taking a quick flash, Its the best I will get until harvest.

20160419_105542.jpg
20160419_105556.jpg
20160419_105600.jpg
20160419_105607.jpg

I will feed the girls tomorrow. And take some pictures of them then. Till then. :peacetwo:

UPDATE:
86 Days From Seed.....43 Days In Flower
Current Temp: 86F
Current RH: 48 before feeding...52 after

Fed the girls today. Took some pictures.

20160420_124123.jpg
20160420_124131.jpg
20160420_124141.jpg
20160420_124152.jpg
20160420_124207.jpg
20160420_124218.jpg
20160420_124228.jpg
20160420_124234.jpg
20160420_124244.jpg
20160420_124248.jpg
20160420_124253.jpg
20160420_124306.jpg
20160420_124315.jpg
20160420_124336.jpg
20160420_124349.jpg
20160420_124422.jpg
20160420_124438.jpg
20160420_124448.jpg
20160420_124456.jpg
20160420_124531.jpg

I also checked the seeds I had germinating and they all had popped. So I put them in the cups I got ready yesterday. Now its just a waiting game to see if they break ground. Im a little worried they got too hot. I had them on a saucer in the middle of an electric blanket. Its what I did last time but this time they seem to get a little hotter than I would have liked. Hopefully all is well. But if they dont break ground in the next week. Ill know I screwed up.

Researching Flushing, and flushing organics. And I come across this piece from another site. Props to Kite High for posting it.

WARNING!! LONG INFORMATIVE READ!!

From an administrator at Sensi Seeds

"Advanced - Flushing

A critical look at preharvest flushing

Pre harvest flushing is a controversial topic. Flushing is supposed to improve taste of the final bud by either giving only pure water, clearing solutions or extensive flushing for the last 7-14 days of flowering. While many growers claim a positive effect, others deny any positive influence or even suggest reduced yield and quality.

The theory of pre harvest flushing is to remove nutrients from the grow medium/root zone. A lack of nutrients creates a deficiency, forcing the plant to translocate and use up its internal nutrient compounds.

Nutrient fundamentals and uptake:

A good read about plant nutrition can be found here.

Until recently it was common thought that all nutrients are absorbed by plant roots as ions of mineral elements. However in newer studies more and more evidence emerged that additionally plant roots are capable of taking up complex organic molecules like amino acids directly thus bypassing the mineralization process.

The major nutrient uptake processes are:

1) Active transport mechanism into root hairs (the plant has to put energy in it, ATP driven) which is selective to some degree. This is one way the plant (being immobile) can adjust to the environment.

2) Passive transport (diffusion) through symplast to endodermis.

Page not found | Biological Sciences, University South Carolina: Ecology, Evolution, Organismic, Cell, Developmental, Plant Biology.

https://www.hort.wisc.edu/cran/Publications/2001 Proceedings/min_nutr.pdf

The claim only ‘chemical’ ferted plants need to be flushed should be taken with a grain of salt. Organic and synthetic ferted plants take up mineral ions alike, probably to a different degree though. Many influences play key roles in the taste and flavor of the final bud, like the nutrition balance and strength throughout the entire life cycle of the plant, the drying and curing process and other environmental conditions.

3) Active transport mechanism of organic molecules into root hairs via endocytosis.

404 Not Found

Here is a simplified overview of nutrient functions:

Nitrogen is needed to build chlorophyll, amino acids, and proteins. Phosphorus is necessary for photosynthesis and other growth processes. Potassium is utilized to form sugar and starch and to activate enzymes. Magnesium also plays a role in activating enzymes and is part of chlorophyll. Calcium is used during cell growth and division and is part of the cell wall. Sulfur is part of amino acids and proteins.

Plants also require trace elements, which include boron, chlorine, copper, iron, manganese, sodium, zinc, molybdenum, nickel, cobalt, and silicon.

Copper, iron, and manganese are used in photosynthesis. Molybdenum, nickel, and cobalt are necessary for the movement of nitrogen in the plant. Boron is important for reproduction, while chlorine stimulates root growth and development. Sodium benefits the movement of water within the plant and zinc is neeeded for enzymes and used in auxins (organic plant hormones). Finally, silicon helps to build tough cell walls for better heat and drought tolerance.

Sidwell Friends School: Home

You can get an idea from this how closely all the essential elements are involved in the many metabolic processes within the plant, often relying on each other.

Nutrient movement and mobility inside the plant:

Besides endocytosis, there are two major pathways inside the plant, the xylem and the phloem. When water and minerals are absorbed by plant roots, these substances must be transported up to the plant's stems and leaves for photosynthesis and further metabolic processes. This upward transport happens in the xylem. While the xylem is able to transport organic compounds, the phloem is much more adapted to do so.

The organic compounds thus originating in the leaves have to be moved throughout the plant, upwards and downwards, to where they are needed. This transport happens in the phloem. Compounds that are moving through the phloem are mostly:
Sugars as sugary saps, organic nitrogen compounds (amino acids and amides, ureides and legumes), hormones and proteins.

FullNet Communications

Not all nutrient compounds are moveable within the plant.

1) N, P, K, Mg and S are considered mobile: they can move up and down the plant in both xylem and phloem.
Deficiency appears on old leaves first.

2) Ca, Fe, Zn, Mo, B, Cu, Mn are considered immobile: they only move up the plant in the xylem.
Deficiency appears on new leaves first.

HORT 201 & 202 Home Page

Storage organelles:

Salts and organic metabolites can be stored in storage organelles. The most important storage organelle is the vacuole, which can contribute up to 90% of the cell volume. The majority of compounds found in the vacuole are sugars, polysaccharides, organic acids and proteins though.

https://jeb.biologists.org.pdf

Translocation:

Now that the basics are explained, we can take a look at the translocation process. It should be already clear that only mobile elements can be translocated through the phloem. Immobile elements cant be translocated and are not more available to the plant for further metabolic processes and new plant growth.

Since flushing (in theory) induces a nutrient deficiency in the rootzone, the translocation process aids in the plants survival. Translocation is transportation of assimilates through the phloem from source (a net exporter of assimilate) to sink (a net importer of assimilate). Sources are mostly mature fan leaves and sinks are mostly apical meristems, lateral meristem, fruit, seed and developing leaves etc.

You can see this by the yellowing and later dying of the mature fan leaves from the second day on after flushing started. Developing leaves, bud leaves and calyxes don’t serve as sources, they are sinks. Changes in those plant parts are due to the deficient immobile elements which start to indicate on new growth first.

Unfortunately, several metabolic processes are unable to take place anymore since other elements needed are no longer available (the immobile ones). This includes processes where nitrogen and phosphorus, which have likely the most impact on taste, are involved.

For example nitrogen: usually plants use nitrogen to form plant proteins. Enzyme systems rapidly reduce nitrate-N (NO3-) to compounds that are used to build amino-nitrogen which is the basis for amino acids. Amino acids are building blocks for proteins, most of them are plant enzymes responsible for all the chemical changes important for plant growth.

Sulfur and calcium among others have major roles in production and activating of proteins, thereby decreasing nitrate within the plant. Excess nitrate within the plant may result from unbalanced nutrition rather than an excess of nitrogen.

Summary:

Preharvest flushing puts the plant(s) under serious stress. The plant has to deal with nutrient deficiencies in a very important part of its cycle. Strong changes in the amount of dissolved substances in the root-zone stress the roots, possibly to the point of direct physical damage to them. Many immobile elements are no more available for further metabolic processes. We are loosing the fan leaves and damage will show likely on new growth as well.

The grower should react in an educated way to the plant needs. Excessive, deficient or unbalanced levels should be avoided regardless the nutrient source. Nutrient levels should be gradually adjusted to the lesser needs in later flowering. Stress factors should be limited as far as possible. If that is accomplished throughout the entire life cycle, there shouldn’t be any excessive nutrient compounds in the plants tissue. It doesn’t sound likely to the author that you can correct growing errors (significant lower mobile nutrient compound levels) with preharvest flushing.

Drying and curing (when done right) on the other hand have proved (In many studies) to have a major impact on taste and flavour, by breaking down chlorophylls and converting starches into sugars. Most attributes blamed on unflushed buds may be the result of unbalanced nutrition and/or overfert and unproper drying/curing."

I found that very interesting. And From what I have gathered around the web so far. Most seem to think this.

The nitrogen and Phosphorous cycle are driven by bacteria. to "Flush" organic soil you would have to kill the bacteria, which would have to use salts or chemicals which are bad for the Buds, so its a catch 22. your best bet is to let it be, and keep the bacteria going. the bacteria will continue to break down nutes (regardless of feeding) as long as the nutrients are there to be broken down. so in the end, its almost impossible to "flush" organic mediums.

Basically alot seem to think that its impossible to "flush" organic. But seeing how Im growing organic from a bottle. Who knows. I am still going to do the last 7-10 days anyway. :)

Sorry for all the information. I just thought I would drop it and people can take it or leave it.

As far as my current grow. Not much to update. RH is higher than I would like. Average is about 60. I have my fan on full blast and my small clip fan going. Along with another fan circulating air out of the room to other room. I worry about mold. I made my mix for tomorrow using water that has been bubbling for 24 hrs. Mix went

1/2tsp CALMAG
1tsp MICROBLAST
2tsp BLOOM-----Lemon Skunk #2 got 3tsp BLOOM
1tsp HI-BRIX

This will more than likely be the last feeding they all but LS2 get. LS2 seems to still have 2-3 weeks left. And I dont want to start the flush too early. Especially seeing how I honestly dont think you can "flush" organic. I dont see how. But I will give only water for last 7-10 day anyway. If for nothing else, but to save nutes lol. Anyway. I am still waiting on my usb microscope to come in. LS1, and both money makers look like they are in the harvest zone. I could be wrong and hope I am. Seeing how its only mid 7th week. But going by the hairs. It looks to be at the beginning of the harvest zone. I would like to know for sure. My Boveda 62 packs came in yesterday but it didnt. It will interesting to see what my trichome ratio is right now.

As for my next crop. The Truthband has sprouted above ground and shook its helmet already. the other 3 show no signs yet. I will take some pictures tomorrow of everything. Till then

I actually like that you drop some knowledge into your grow journal its stuff that I can take or leave but information none the less... Your plants are looking awesome I hope when I get my stuff (which is pretty much the same setup you have) I can grow some plants as beautiful as those... I'm thinking of getting 3 96x5w reflectors 2 for flower 1 for veg dont know what I wanna do about my veg setup yet as far as a room goes but I'm gonna get a 40"x40"x79" tent for flowering which I will use for veg for the first couple of plants but I want to do a perpetual grow with each plant like 3 weeks apart...

UPDATE:
93 Days From Seed.....47 Days In Flower
Current Temp: 84F
Current RH: 55

I fed the girls the nutes I mixed yesterday and had bubbling. That will be the last feeding for LS1, and both money makers. I am going to wait and see how LS2 looks Weds before I decide on feeding her again or not.
Im really hoping I can Harvest them all together. My plan was to remove the light from the tent. Raise the screen, and have my buds from there. That way I can control air flow and smell. Plus its perfect for hanging them. If I do it separately. Like I Think Im going to have to, Its going to be a pain in the ass. I will have to cut them while they are still under the scrog.

Looks like in my other tent. I did screw up and mess 3 of those seeds up. Only the Truthband broke ground. Which leads me to a whole new mess of problems. ( maybe not "real" problems. But I do suffer from ocd a bit so things have to be a certain way or I freak out.) I am going to soak 2 more Lemon Skunks and 1 Money Maker to go with that Truthband. I really wish I would have been able to grow that Bubbas gift. But it is .....what it is.....SO! I HATE that the Truthband is going to be a week or so ahead of the others. But Im hoping By topping it a couple times, it will slow it down a little each topping, and let the others that are only getting topped once, catch up. Thats prolly not whats going to happen. But thats the hope. I may just do 2 lemon skunks and 2 money makers again, hope to do better than this grow. And keep that Truthband small and in the small tent. IDk Ill let you know :)
Here are some pictures from today. (Truthband pic was yesterday)
Its hard to tell from the pictures but these buds here have almost doubled in size in the last week
20160422_123044.jpg
20160422_123049.jpg
20160422_123058.jpg

Here is the group :)

20160424_125528.jpg
20160424_125559.jpg
20160424_125605.jpg
20160424_125615.jpg
20160424_125631.jpg
20160424_125653.jpg
20160424_125654.jpg
20160424_125711.jpg
20160424_125730.jpg
20160424_125736.jpg

Here is the Truthband

20160423_205908.jpg

Well thats about it for now. Any suggestions let me know.

Yesterday due to reasons I wont get into. I had to turn my exhaust fan down and close my room up, for several hours. Which I have found to be a no no at this point in the game. Temps go up, and so does the RH. But I had no choice. So by the time I was able to turn fan back up and open the room up. My tent was 97F. RH wasnt real bad but was 55 or so. But high temps this late in the game, (from what Iv read) can cause a loss in taste and smell. Even after I got it all open and it cooled. It only cooled to 93F. I am going to get some bigger fans to work the room.

Last night, I took the germinated seeds from my paper towel. And put them in dirt. I let them soak for 12 hours or so. This time it was 15 or 16 but Ill put them in water with a lid at night. And then the next day some time Ill put them in wet paper towels and put those in a baggy. This time tho I didnt have any bags so I just used surrand wrap. Anyway 3 of the 4 popped open and are in dirt.

2 Lemon Skunks
1 Money Maker.
So one Money maker had not popped yet. I put it back into Wet Pt but I doubt it pops. If it was going to I think it would have already but who know. So as of right now I have 2 LS 1 MM and 1 TB. If the other MM pops Ill have a decision to make. If not ill run these four and try my best to keep the Truthband from growing too fast. Ill take some pictures later when I water them. Iv had water sitting out for 3 days now. 1 of those days spent bubbling. Anyway Ill update then. Till then. :peacetwo:

UPDATE:
96 Days From Seed.....50 Days In Flower
Current Temp: 84F
Current RH: 53

I gave them all straight water today. A gallon a piece with with 10 or 20 percent runoff. I hope I am not flushing too early. This is just the start of week 8. And from what I gathered from others that have grown Money makers. They tend to go for 9-10. And this lemon skunk is for sure got 2 or 3 weeks left. Decisions decisions. Lol. I am still waiting on my usb microscope. Its a cheap one from china or something but I think it will do the trick. BUT. Its being shipped from china. So it may not be here in time. I really would like to take a look at these trichomes to get a better idea of where Im at. I want to get it in that sweet spot.

On another note. 1 of my Lemon Skunks have rising from the dirt. It still has his Helmet. Here are some pictures.

20160427_130431.jpg
20160427_143342.jpg
20160427_143401.jpg
20160427_143335.jpg
20160427_130418.jpg
20160427_130413.jpg
20160427_130359.jpg
20160427_130351.jpg
20160427_130346.jpg
20160427_130342.jpg
20160427_130332.jpg
20160427_130315.jpg

Your plants are looking good... my packages are starting to arrive and I cant wait to start my first grow... I ended up getting 3 of 96x5 reflectors 2 for flower one for veg and I found a pretty cheap 40"x 40"x 80" tent among a bunch of other things I wil start a journal andl put a link in my sig when its up in running... I'm excited to see how yours finishes since my setup will be similar.

Back
Top Bottom