ItsNatural's 1st Grow - Mars LED 192x5 Reflector - Mars 3x3x6 Tent

What lighting g are you using? All mars? I ask because I just tried my first grow with 2 of the Mars 300w panels in a 4x3x6 tent and had big problems with the heat and some other issues. The growth was very thick and heavy but I didn't have the best of luck until I switched back to my old high power CFL setup. Also what was your height from canopy. I too have very bad ADHD and OCD so having those problems killed me, I'm sure you know the feeling. Lol now that my girls are looking healthy and in bloom I should get about .8 or 1.0 gram per watt. Your grow looks very good. Awesome job.

What lighting g are you using? All mars? I ask because I just tried my first grow with 2 of the Mars 300w panels in a 4x3x6 tent and had big problems with the heat and some other issues. The growth was very thick and heavy but I didn't have the best of luck until I switched back to my old high power CFL setup. Also what was your height from canopy. I too have very bad ADHD and OCD so having those problems killed me, I'm sure you know the feeling. Lol now that my girls are looking healthy and in bloom I should get about .8 or 1.0 gram per watt. Your grow looks very good. Awesome job.

Yes this grow was done with only the Mars 192x5 Reflector. Your heat problems might be from having 2 lights. Not sure but Iv read others that have had problems using two Mars 2 in 4x4s. As far as the other issues, Are you running the 5w or 3w chip? Mine is the 5w and I believe I had my light too close to the canopy. In veg I had it at 34", and then I lowered it to 19-20 in flower. And I believe that was too low. This next run I am going to keep it at about 28 and see.
I sure do know the feeling. I try to focus on different things at times to give my brain a break from the grow. 1gram a watt is great! Good job. Do you have a journal? Stop by my current journal and join in. The more the better.

Yeah I will for sure. I'm getting ready to start a new journal with 3 different strains. Northern lights, purple grizzly kush and sour diesel. Soon as my soil comes in I'll be starting it. My current plants are in bloom but I wasn't able to do a journal at the time.

20151115_174926.png
20151116_171642.jpg
20151116_171650.jpg

That was last CFL grow. I ended wwith almost a gram per watt with 3 plants.

Me too just living on a budget and fixed income sucks cause I can't afford a good led panel unless I save for a long time. I would love to try to sparks. I believe with the right panel I can get at least 1.5 grams per watt.

I hear you on the fixed income thing....its sucks when trying to do the best for our plants and feel we need something more to improve our previous runs...but financially we just can't seem to get it done. I've been laid-off from work for the last 7 months and times are rough in my household right now. I would love to have all the newest, biggest, brightest, bad-ass lights out on the market. Including bigger, nicer tents (Gorilla), nutes, containers, ect. But, I really do get by with what I've got, (MarsHydro lights & tents), and wit a lil help from my friends! Peace & love my brotha! Hope all is well in your corner of the world. Keep up the good work!

I hear you on the fixed income thing....its sucks when trying to do the best for our plants and feel we need something more to improve our previous runs...but financially we just can't seem to get it done. I've been laid-off from work for the last 7 months and times are rough in my household right now. I would love to have all the newest, biggest, brightest, bad-ass lights out on the market. Including bigger, nicer tents (Gorilla), nutes, containers, ect. But, I really do get by with what I've got, (MarsHydro lights & tents), and wit a lil help from my friends! Peace & love my brotha! Hope all is well in your corner of the world. Keep up the good work!

I hear you about the income thing too sparks. My wife is disabled with an extremely rare eye disease that's now in both eyes. She was born with in one eye but from having children it moved to her other eye as well. And I'm also currently laid off so believe I know about hard times. Lol but yeah man I make do with what I got too. We just do what we do. This site has been a life saver more than once for me. Good luck and peace.

Was reading through this journal and I saw this post and figured I'd chime in. I'm on my first grow now with 2x Mars 300(new old) panels in a 2x2x6. I had heat issues as well but I've since then used 2x 6" fans blowing out of the top side exhaust shoots and attached it to my exhaust fan that was use for my bathroom fan. That solved a lot of heat issues. I also now keep the tent door open during lights on hours to keep it even cooler in there. My temps run from 73F-77F now. Now if your grow needs to be stealthy then opening the tent door probably isn't going to be an option. In addition I have the 2 bottom side vents open to allow cooler air to be drawn into the tent. Hope this can be useful to someone. Also, great first grow OP!

Was reading through this journal and I saw this post and figured I'd chime in. I'm on my first grow now with 2x Mars 300(new old) panels in a 2x2x6. I had heat issues as well but I've since then used 2x 6" fans blowing out of the top side exhaust shoots and attached it to my exhaust fan that was use for my bathroom fan. That solved a lot of heat issues. I also now keep the tent door open during lights on hours to keep it even cooler in there. My temps run from 73F-77F now. Now if your grow needs to be stealthy then opening the tent door probably isn't going to be an option. In addition I have the 2 bottom side vents open to allow cooler air to be drawn into the tent. Hope this can be useful to someone. Also, great first grow OP!

Thanks for the info homie. :) The more info we all can get the better.

How was the Money Maker grow..did it give you any problems..I am growing the samething right now

The grow was pretty good. A few hiccups but nothing she couldnt handle. Ended up pulling about 2zzs a plant. Prolly would have gotten more but it was my first grow and I didnt have the nutes down pat yet. Still dont but much better than this one. As far as smoke. It claims to be a couch lock. And may be overall. But Iv grown 3 now, and my report is more of a throughout the day smoke. I actually smoke the Lemon Skunk at night time as it is more of a couch lock. The MM is a good smoke for when you have stuff to do. It doesnt give you alot of energy, but it doesnt really suck it out of you either. Hope that helps. If you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.

Back
Top Bottom