Humidity level 80%: Any ideas?

Haha, well yeah this planet knows wild variations, okay the main problem is there is no dry air around then it will be difficult to get it less humid.
Maybe a tent in the room would help? cause now you're running a dehumidifier in the room the plants are in? which means you're sucking up all the moisture they give off which is a lot, with a tent you get an exhaust fan & filter that you direct somewhere outside of the room, and you put the dehumidifier in the room that the tent is in so the air is drier in that room and that gets sucked into the tent. But that way your not using the humidifier to suck up all the moisture that is coming off the plants but just to make the surroundings the tent is in drier.
Just thinking out loud here.
It will probably not be possible to set up a tent. It seems to me that I can only hope for good weather. And the second option is to remove half of the plants so that the total moisture released by the plants is halved. In the past, there were no problems with fewer plants. I never even looked at the humidity. There was only a thermometer in the room..hahahhh

For now dehumidifier works well. Last 24h/10l collected. Pots were dry. Without it, this project would have ended long ago. Well, let's see, time will show.

It is a room. 3,50x4,70 and height 2,60cm.
I mean you can put a pretty big tent in that room, run the dehumidifier in the room so dry air gets sucked in and duct the moist air from the tent to somewhere outside or at least somewhere else that isn't the room your dehumidifying.
I mean that's all I can come up with as some sort of solution.
But good if the dehumidifier works, but just now it's working overtime as it's a loop de loop all the water you pour into the plants goes into the machine.

There is one more option..what do you think if i move half of plants to other room for 1 day/night? For those plants will be 24h dark period. Just for experiment.
It is worth doing just as an experiment.

The plants give off moisture as part of their transpiration process. Water will evaporate from the soil. Two different processes but each will have an effect on the amount of water in the air.

If half of the plants are removed then the amounts of water in the air in the growing room should drop. Take some notes at to the relative humidity and temperature numbers before moving the plants and then an hour or so afterwards.

It is worth doing just as an experiment.

The plants give off moisture as part of their transpiration process. Water will evaporate from the soil. Two different processes but each will have an effect on the amount of water in the air.

If half of the plants are removed then the amounts of water in the air in the growing room should drop. Take some notes at to the relative humidity and temperature numbers before moving the plants and then an hour or so afterwards.
Moved some plants to other place..today was sunny and rh was 58-63% Will see in text days, cuz rain is coming.

Maybe i should get one more dehumid.? But, im worried..i dont understand dehumid.working principe..It takes water just from air OR air and sucking straight from plant too?

For 51days looking not really good, but..it is what it is..and i know that im failed and worst things will be soon, if they getting bigger.

IMG_20220525_000031.jpg

IMG_20220524_235452.jpg

IMG_20220524_235344.jpg

IMG_20220524_235213.jpg

dehum pulls water where ever it exists…. mostly from your grow room environment but I’m sure it pulls a fraction against plant / soil too….. high rh in flower will cause bud rot….. by the time we see bud rot it’s been active for a few weeks
Should i stop this grow? It will be energy waste?

Some random signs of something bad. Couple of fan leaves are dry(it could be sign of bud rot, extra early stage)

I wasnt ready for this.. But maybe its nkt too late to get one more dehumid.?

IMG_20220525_005903.jpg

IMG_20220525_005815.jpg

IMG_20220525_005732.jpg

IMG_20220525_005716.jpg

IMG_20220525_005614.jpg

IMG_20220524_235047.jpg

What are you feeding them?? Your soil mix is mostly inert materials - soil, peat, perlite & vermiculite.

to stop this grow now would cost 4 to 6 weeks turnaround to fully revert back to veg,

me personally I’d bump her nutes up and keep on trucking
Do you think that they are not getting nuts enough?

think she could use a bump, idk how your nutes are structured but I’d hold steady on nitrogen and give more PK if that’s possible

also always add cal mag to your water first so it doesn’t drop out of the mix stir & wait 10 minutes then add other nutes in.

now that you‘ve hit flower you can water her a bit more freely
Just take a look on that one...3 days without any changes. It feels like stunting. And the same with all of them.

IMG_20220524_235028.jpg

?? Is that normal?

IMG_20220525_075028.jpg
Just got caught up with your RH issues. That appears to be powdery mildew. :( I would treat your entire area with a mold prevention spray and increase airflow. Click that link and take a look at the PM spray that @InTheShed uses for treatment as well as prevention.

How far along are you since you flipped to flower? I would consider defoliating all of your lower canopy to improve airflow as much as possible. IF you think the plants can take the stress.

Outside humid level for last 6-7 days was 75-92% Summer is comming, bet not here yet.
To address your RH problem, it sounds like the ambient RH tends to be high. So as the plants transpire, the RH increases too.

So I'm still confused on your actual setup. Where is fresh air coming from? Where are you exhausting air to? Others were alluding to these questions already too.

You mentioned 24-26°C which means you have some room to increase your temps a few more degrees. That will help dry out the environment faster after drenches. If your lights can't increase the temp enough, add a small room heater.

Just wanted to point out that the citric acid spray kills PM but doesn't prevent it. Neem oil does a fair job of prevention, but that's only for veg. In flower all I can do is kill it when I see it.
Thank you for that clarification Shed!

Just wanted to point out that the citric acid spray kills PM but doesn't prevent it. Neem oil does a fair job of prevention, but that's only for veg. In flower all I can do is kill it when I see it.
This white shit was only on one plant a little.
Just got caught up with your RH issues. That appears to be powdery mildew. :( I would treat your entire area with a mold prevention spray and increase airflow. Click that link and take a look at the PM spray that @InTheShed uses for treatment as well as prevention.

How far along are you since you flipped to flower? I would consider defoliating all of your lower canopy to improve airflow as much as possible. IF you think the plants can take the stress.

To address your RH problem, it sounds like the ambient RH tends to be high. So as the plants transpire, the RH increases too.

So I'm still confused on your actual setup. Where is fresh air coming from? Where are you exhausting air to? Others were alluding to these questions already too.

You mentioned 24-26°C which means you have some room to increase your temps a few more degrees. That will help dry out the environment faster after drenches. If your lights can't increase the temp enough, add a small room heater.
From outside when sunny. When rainy from other room. Ill buy some spray.

They are in flowering about 1,5 week max.

Ai, too bad, but all is not lost but it will be a battle though.
First thing I would do is spot all the problem areas.
Have a misting bottle ready and add a gallon water with a teaspoon of baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon natural soap, like castile or marseille soap..
Mist the plants all over and the spots so you don't get dry mold particles flying everywhere, and then wipe the parts you see and cut them out, and remove all sick looking leaves.
When I see a sick looking leave it don't leave it hanging as it's starting to decompose on the plant attracting all kinds of things.
And as baked says remove the bottom layer from all the plants so you've got a nice layer of bare branches where air can pass through.

Back
Top Bottom