outside temp: around 15-21
inside: 20- 24 in the room
humidity: 60 lights off
pot size: haven't decided
intake: 2, 7 cm pc fan
outtake: 1 13 cm pc fan. 75 cfm
grow cabin: 48x56x170 (cm)

hello all

I am trouble about choosing the correct pot size. How many litres of pot should be useful or these strains? Can I grow two plants in this area? Do you think my ventilation system is will be enough?
How much should a healthy plant can give under my conditions? My area is too small, will it be a problem? Is it ok for two plants, there will be no problem if I grow one, but two would be better :)

and I can't be sure about the nutes. I will start with quarter dose and go up to near recommended dose, but there is so much different information I don't know what to do. So should I mix like 4 litres water with recommended nutes for each stages and try to give as much as the plant needs? How many litres should I pour each time when it is dry? Should I pour out the drained water into the soil or directly from the top of plant?

Can I try Lst on these strains?

and I am really having problems about germination. I need a fail proff healthy solution to this. Its hard to get good seeds and I don't wanna mess up. so; I can't afford more grow equipments I have jiffy tabs should I use them or can I germinate directly into the soil? What should I do?

I will update more about my grow in future, hoping more people reach information and help too.

high regs

I got my autos in 5 gal pots..i would NOT top or fim the autos and it will stunt the growth on the already shortened lifecycle of autos. I did however tie mine down slightly to all a little more light penetration to the lower half of my ladies! As you should know, PH is important. Especially in autos, again because to do not want to stress her out. and go light on the nutes every other feeding until you see what she can handle. Autos can be fickle! Good luck!

I would grow one plant in that space. It's pretty small. You could probably fit a 3 gallon pot in that space. Esp if the pot is square or taller than normal. How much water you give to the plant depends on the size of your pot, density of medium, and the size of the plant - among other things. Generally a dry potting mix can hold 1/4-1/2 of it's volume in water. So a three gallon pot will generally need between 0.75-1.5gallons of water when dry. If you're using soil, you want to make sure that your medium dries out a good amount between waterings.

What kind of nutrients are you using?

Yes you can try lst on your plants. Check out A-trains thread about autos: www.420magazine.com/forums/plant-bud-photos/260111-autoflower-myth-busting-thread-new-post.html

I always just put the seed into a soilless mix in a solo cup and then transplant to a bigger pot a week or two after it pops out of the ground.

Hey Destini,

When growing autos remember with their shorter lifespan they don't have much time to recover from stress. So with that in mind, when choosing a pot it should be their final pot, no transplanting. If you wanted to do two plants I would keep it to 1gallon (3.8L) pot, if only doing one plant I would do a 3gallon (11.5L). For me personally I would keep it to one. Autos tend to eat less than their photo sisters, so start off light when feeding your girls. A small space isn't bad as long as you manage height (training), but with their short veg time training should be done young, and low stress methods are probably better. I like letting my girls go through wet/dry cycles, and judge when to water by the old finger in the dirt test, or weight test. You can also soak a wooden stick in water, and stick it in the soil, once it starts to dry out its time to water. Lastly, as long as your temps are staying consistent at what they are, I would say your ventilation is fine.

Oh, and for germination I've always used the damp paper towel technique. Get it wet, squeeze out the water till it is only damp, and not dripping. Put your seeds in between the folded towel in a container, and keep in a dark drawer till they pop open.

thanks for the reply guys. someone asked about the nutes. I wrote What I have and plus a bottle of big bud. don't know what it is, and don't really sure when to use :) noone mentioned how to water though, directly to the soil or from the top of plant?

You're using Advanced Nutrients Jungle Juice, a good nutrient line. The Big Bud is a bloom booster for use when she starts to flower, Auto's start to flower in about week 3...wait until about 2 weeks of flowering and then you add the Big Bud (low doses with Auto's) after about the 4th-5th week of flower you stop the Big Bud and switch to Overdrive for about 10-12 days if you have it, if you don't it's up to you. You keep feeding your jungle juice nutrients along with the Big Bud or Overdrive just to clarify.

You water the soil. :)

I agree with Buddro, I always water the soil. I mulch my pots when I can though, because watering directly onto your soil can slightly compact it, which I might just be being paranoid, but I want my soil to breathe as well as it can (there is a vast population of microbeasties that need that air, in my soil.). So I put something in between the water and soil, so the water trickles gently onto the soil. If you don't wanna mulch that's fine, just remember to go easy, and be gentle when watering.

I'd put the biggest pot you can fit in there and grow a single plant.

I'd put the biggest pot you can fit in there and grow a single plant.

Might even look at training methods to enhance yield such as scrog, lst or even flux method :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom