Hydro Grow

il make sure i do ( ON THE LEFT SIDE ) daylight bright daylight ( ALSO ON THE RIGHT SIDE) on the top the bright | and on the \ side daylight and on the / daylight so all together its 9 lights :thumb:

Thats exactly what i would do, I Have 2 out of 6 right now but im gonna up to 8 lights ( probably end up doing 3/8 6500k in flower
How close my light was, with only 6500k
IMG-20120319-00013.jpg

IMG-20120322-00032.jpg

You can see the power strips here, super easy and got the idea off of here, only i used zip-ties. Move them around as you like, and they sell the plug in light sockets at homedepot/walmart and some splitters you can go to town if you wanted.
IMG-20120410-00100.jpg

Whew, found your journal but everyone pretty much answered your questions for you. I use coco coir so I don't know about your hydro set up at all. I don't know about your nutes but you asked if you should use one over the other, my thought is if it is part A and part B, you may have to use them together, not just one over the other. I use BPN (Blue Plant Nutrients) but mine is also like yours, part a and part b and I have to use both when feeding. So that's where I am getting that notion from.

Also, no one here will yell at you regardless of you being a newbie. We all were once. What I have learned about the people here is that they are happy to help and no question is taboo. I would suggest that you read, read, read. The links provided usually answers a new growers initial questions but we all understand that this usually creates even more questions. No worries, we got your back! Happy growing....

Yay!! i just got great news. I walked out into my garden(outside) I have bell peppers and Jalapenos going about 15ish. I looked in one of the coco coir cups im using and found a freshly germinated seed.. I was quite confused at first then i remembered that i recycled my coco from the start of my grow with my veggies.. Now i have to figure out what im going to do with the newly acquired plant! I may try a coco/perlite 2l bottle. Hate buying things but love setting stuff up haha

Coco coir is shredded coconut husks, it holds h20 and water really well, just contains about 0 nutrients. Perlite is the white stuff you see in a garden soil or something it loos like little bits of Styrofoam. The balls like you see in hydro grow ( hydroton) are clay pellets, which also has a good CEC/Water holding abilities. Ill probably toss some in the bottom of the container for drainage. For now i dont have room for another bucket in my closet so its gonna hang out in soil at least till i figure out what to do with it. It probably took 25+ days to germ...so long i totally forgot it was even there or gonna happen haha

Looking good my man! Idk what the hell your gonna do though if your plants grow 2-3 times in flower and they should your be through the ceiling (BADASS but not for inside i guess lol) Yeah I would really work on side lighting and get as many nodes coming out from the petioles as possible ( leaves attached to trunk). Those are gonna be your bud sites id work more on surrounding that beast then putting lights above it, i think its plenty tall and plants will naturally go towards light so surrounding it should increase the growth all over the plant. Hope that helped some im realizing i tend to rant haha

Get back to me after work

my setup lol its not the best bud it will do until my next grow =), smells a lil tingy scent mmmmmmmmmmm but anyways i have to go to work ttyl guys

Oh you don't want to talk about setups, mine was really ghetto in the beginning. It's still not where I would like to be but I upgrade things to the best of my ability. Or rig something up til I get what I need. See ya after work...

lmfaooooooo yea man mine is a little ghetto i couldnt go all out cause fucking neighbors be watching me and shit lol but im going to try and builkd some shit to get light on the right side and even in front of the plant lol and i heard that coco stuff make the plant grow slow lol dam it took 25 days to germ i woulda threw that shit out lol

Coco coir makes plants grow slow? Where in Hades did you get that from? My plants grow faster in coco than when i used soil.

friend told me tht bt sorry ř replyin so late tht dam lemon skunkplant refuse to bud lol keep growin new baby buds though :) nd is it suppose to grow new fan leaves lol? i pluck em nd they grow back tryna wrap my dam light :) but my bag seed has white hairs :) :) :) but my afghan is dying or sumden lol still the same heigh but the roots were all over the side of tbe 2l bottle so i wrapped it in a blk heavy duty trash bag lol n i think my clones not growin :(

havnt been on in a while thanks to the dumb ass cops for locking me up and had my dam babies stayin up past 3am , would 1 day of 16hrs of light cause the babies to stay in veg? afghan is starting to grow wide leafs still look fu.ny il upload a pic before work 3pm

Wow, sorry to hear about the issues with you and the Popo, they can be some nasty bastards but glad you are home safe and sound. That is what matters most. As to your question, I believe as long as its more than 12 hrs of light then your plant will stay in veg.

Back
Top Bottom