Hydro Grow

Hi inwh,

Happy 420...

I think your nutes are designed to be used together, in differing quantities thoughout the entire growing cycle...read them carefully. I may have misunderstood, but did you post that your going to quit giving part a? or was it b? Anyway...read carefully.

At the top of your plants canopy, you should be able to hold your hand, palm side down, under the light for 30 seconds or so without it being too hot. If it's too hot for your hand, it's too hot for your plant.

Where's your sig? A link in your sig will help people find your journal...as you visit other people around the site they will be able to find your thread with a simple click in your sig. And IGG is right, be patient, followers will grow with time.

Keep up the good work and Happy 420, have a great one.

:peace:

Day 9 things are looking great my lemon skunk looks good and I cloned it not sure if I did it right but it was worth a try lol I put the baby afghan in a 2liter bottle of soil and moved the weird bag seed next to the lemon skunk. Now the buds are forming nice all over plant. I have a huge 200 watt cfl over plant with a 100 watt cfl also a 75watt cfl and anther 75watt over my afghan I'm flowering all of them AT THE SAME DAMN TIME lol. I will try to upload pics when my babies wake up :)

I havent used any of them yet but look into bloom boosters, big bud there are some chemicals out there that claim they work to increase yeild, but as i stated i personally have no experience with them. Your gonna want at least 100-150 ACTUAL watts per plant. mostly 2700 flower. Yeah man that skunk is huge, my plant will not grow upwards only outwards so im guessing its some indica based hopefully an auto flower or something because it just simply wont grow and thing but node points lol. Sounds good ill be looking towards the pics

lil 420 smoke
IMAG04085.jpg
my new light will it work?
IMAG04125.jpg
IMAG04144.jpg
my huge bag seed plant its dam near 5ft =)
IMAG04136.jpg

man i hope i have enough lights cause if i have to i will buy alot of wyes or y's whatever they called lol my next grow i will make sure i grow at least 10 plants :) AT MY HOUSE but at my other location i have 50 plants 10afghan and 10 kush plants and 30 purple haze

Yes that will will work, however you need more. Its 200W COMPARATIVE, which means when being compared to the old school incandescent it will be similar lumen s. I would get 6 of those guys at least with 3 plants going, giving each plant 110w. I think the reason they are stretching to much is they aren't getting sufficient light. I would also look into some power strips and attach them to the wall and have some additional side lighting. This will help the entire plant be photosynthetically active thus maximizing growth and therefore buds. CFl's loose the ability to be efficient past probably 6-12 inches depending on the wattage so with a two foot plant even if its at the very top,(which i don't recommend you will burn the plant) still only about half the plant is getting sufficient light. I would pick up probably 4 total of those big ones, Then some 100w (26 actual watts) for some side lighting i think you will find it will start to fill out a lot nicer. But plant looks healthy and thriving man ill trade you some height for some bush haha.

lmaoooo il take some bush i bet your plant probably yeild more then mine. btw i have that big light plush other 100watt 2 and 1 75 watt since my male kush was killed its only that big lemon skunk and on the left is a small bag seed which i have 1 100watt cfl over the top without the reflector over it. the side of the lemon skunk get light off that plus another halfway to the top and that huge cfl on the top but on the right i have 1 extra 100watt with a 75watt on the bottom over my baby afghan. couldnt really get a up to date pic but i will at 3pm thats when my babies wake up :). also do you know any good strain that give a huge yeild?

Can you give me the actual wattage or add them up? Sounds good get a picture of the whole setup if you can its easier for people to chime in and see whats going on if we can see it. Each strain will have different qualities and yeilds obviously, however our sponsors do a good job telling you what to expect and the strain reveiws on here are also good. For instance you want a short plant with quick veg time, you would look into autoflowers, if you wanted a xmas tree go sativa again lol

Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE

lmao naw i dont want a xmas tree i was told lemon skunk was suppose to be short but i was lied to lol but ok its 1).200wt 2).100wtt 1).75wtt so its 375 im hoping this is enough but im going to try and push more lights in i want the bottom buds to bud out nicely now during flowering am i suppose to STOP spraying/misting the plant with water? i cant help it lol

ok 200w-55 actual
100's ( mine anyways) 26watts actual
76watt ill guess at 20ish

so 55+26(2)+20= about 131ish ACTUAL guestimate, its the actual wattage on the package not the 200w.
People recommend 100-150 ACTUAL watts for the firsts plant and 50+ for each additional one.

I would recommend looking into low ryders, Thats gonna be my next project, PVC pipe lowryder SEA of dat green :)

Look at the nugs/plants of the month as well as journals that sounds interesting it will give you an idea of what strains will do and look like as well as what to expect at each stage.

yea thats what i been doing, btw whats sea of green? i keep hearing that everywhere i look at other people post lol and yea maybe your right i keep getting side tracked by the cfls they are energy savers but not full watts. so maybe i should do what you said and buy a few more but they are $18 a piece :c :thedoubletake: il have to be a :lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke: to actually buy that many lol but its bad enough cashiers wanna question me at check out tryna be nosy lol thats why i use self check out :)

yea thats what i been doing, btw whats sea of green? i keep hearing that everywhere i look at other people post lol and yea maybe your right i keep getting side tracked by the cfls they are energy savers but not full watts. so maybe i should do what you said and buy a few more but they are $18 a piece :c :thedoubletake: il have to be a :lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke: to actually buy that many lol but its bad enough cashiers wanna question me at check out tryna be nosy lol thats why i use self check out :)

Yeah i would look into smaller 26w(100ws) you can buy them in 4 packs or so for 15ish bucks and they are smaller so you can squeeze them places. They are also more efficient users of lumens/electricity. Id tell them to f-off or say im redoing my whole house in CFLs to save money each year.

Ive read its good to have a 3:1 ratio in flowering and veg, so im going to buy some new bulbs this week and reverse my (3)6500k-(1)2700k ratio, to the opposite. So far i think the results it may just be timing, but it seems like they picked up and seems to just be looking healthier, There are different types of chlorophyll in plants beta and alpha, they are activated by different light spectrum's. I studied plants at school so knowing that there is no way im going to run simply one spectrum. I hope that answered your question.

Bulbs make me mad i bought 4 a few weeks ago and broke 2 before i even plugged them in :(. Some companies are cheap but id stick with GE or someone you wont be replacing bulbs with every week or so. Cheap ones are like 6$ here but people at walmart cant read half the time so i normally get my bulbs half off or whatever the price they are market at in the wrong section lol ( gotta love walmart for that) I got 4 6500k GE bulbs for 6 bucks, (shoulda been 16)

yea thats what i do lol argue with them and say its false advertisement lol (learned that at home depot) if its in the wrong spot and it say $2.99 they HAVE TO SELL IT AT THAT PRICE most people dont know so they get away with it lol but it depends on the item and yea so i need 3 200watts lights and 1 100watt bright white? lol i thought about taking any plant class i can summer semester hoping it would give me an advance understanding of the plant life :) lol

Yeah i learned that in college they had Franzia on sell for 1.22 (shoulda been $11.22) so of course we bought the entire stock that was mis-marked for like 20 bucks haha. Yeah took a plant class for a lab in school and ended up switching majors. If thats the bulbs and wattage you wanna use yes, i would stick with a 1:3 or something close if your using more bulbs or something. Just make sure you have each of some spectrum.

Look into a horticulture class, it will be more broad but it will help alot we grew hydroponics (veggies darnnit!) in my class so it was rather interesting.

Back
Top Bottom