Hydro Grow FINALLY

Yep, agreed on the Major Stretching. Lights closer, be carful if putting more soil around the stem to support it, as too much along with moisture could cause stem weaking and rot. Good luck:grinjoint:

I have recieved the Blue Moonshine and Big Buddah Cheese seeds ;)
I have 2 of each strain germinating now.

I have also filled a litle more medium so the stems can be alitle stronger. Here is some pictures

Here are the BlueMoonshine seeds, 2 is already in cup germinating.
22102.jpg

Here are the Big Buddah Cheese seeds.
2355.jpg

Here is picture taken I filled in some mored medium.
2432.jpg

Peace

can i ask guys, why put the seeds in cups of water? i put mine straight in moistened rockwall cubes, cover over the hole, and they are up within 2 days or so? thanks

nice choice of seeds. I hear great things about those Big Buddah Seeds the "Cheese" I will read your smoke report with great interest. some people use paper towels on the plate thing, others go right in the cubes, some just push them in the dirt and water. I think its a perference but the more care the better the start IMHO.I go into the cubes with care like you did.

Did make me wonder, its all new to me, but has worked fine so far! Oh and the cheese is an awesome strain, my friend did it last year a few times, I was very impressed with the results...

Thx,

Yeah, things are going my way now. The plants are loving the drip system and are responding fast. I had a little heat problem in the tent because of the light. Its now vented to blow the air right outside. Think that solved everything and have now temps at 76 degrees ;)

At this early stage it's now point in taking pictures of the plant, but I updated 2 pictures of the ventilation system

3922.jpg

4024.jpg

Peace :peace:

i have a similar problem, using 400w light, heat is stressing them a bit, is the fan sucking in cold air to the light, or sucking hot air out? think i need to copy you, got the same sort of tent too...

i can see the pipe going out, surely thats suckin the hot air out? does the fan work both ways on the same pipe? suck out and blow back in?

sorry, its just i need to do the same thing...

Here is a good article I found in a grow book I have.

Ps. I am writing it so there maybe be some bad english in there.

Using Co2

Carbon dioxide ( CO2 ) is a colorless, odorless gas that is found in small quantities in the air, and is essential for plant life, without it plants could not survive.

Carbon dioxide is absorbed by the plants and during the photosynthesis the CO2 is split into it's basic elements, carbon and oxygen. Small amounts of oxygen are used by the plant but most of the oxygen are released back into the atmosphere. The carbon is combined with water ( H2O ) in the presence of light to form a sugar molecule. The plants then convert the sugar into carbohydrates. When the plant absorbs nutrients ( Primarily nitrogen from the roots ) they are combined with the carbohydrates to form new plant tissue. This process is called photosynthesis. The entire process is only as good as its weakest link. If any of the required ingredients ( Light, CO2, water and nutrients ) are at a level below that witch the plant can use for maximum efficiency, the plant will not perform at it's full potensial. In other words, if you inject CO2 into a system that is not recieving enough light or nutrients the results will be disappointing.

There are several conditions that must be met for the plants to be able to use the increased CO2 levels properly. The most important is lightning. Light levels must be very high ( More than 20 watts per square foot ) or there will be little or no increase in plant growth rates. The plants will like slightly higher temperatures than normal ( Approx. 3 - 5 degrees higher ). The plants will also metabolize water and nutrients faster, so reservoirs may need a little more attention.

Plants can absorb and process very large amounts of CO2. There is usually about 300 - 600 p.p.m ( Parts Per Million ) of CO2 in the atmosphere. Most plants can use 1500 p.p.m. in optimum growing conditions. When using elevated levels of CO2 the growth rate can be increased by as much as 100% - 200% with perfect conditions ( Neutstrength and light ). Most studies report increases in the 40% - 50% range.

The ideal situation would be to keep the CO2 levels at optimum at all times. This would require constant injection of low levels of gas ( constantly replacing what the plants are using ). This is not practical in most situations as venting of the growing envirement is often needed to control heat build up. In these cases CO2 injection should start imidiatly fans go off.

The highest problem that people encounter when using CO2 is that they get carried away. They think that a little is good so alot is better..... NOT!! When CO2 levels approach 2000 p.p.m. most plants will die. High levels of CO2 are also toxic to humans, primarily due to oxygen deficiency.
Before injecting CO2 the room should be vented to remove excess CO2 that might be left over from the previous injection, this prevents the build up of CO2 that could harm the plants.

There are several ways to introuduce CO2 into the growing envirement. Probably the most popular method is the used bottled gas. This type of CO2 injection consists of a CO2 tank, a pressure gauge ( Monitors how much gas is remaining in the tank ), a flow meter ( To monitor the amount of gas being released ), a solenoid valve ( Turns the flow of gas on and off as needed ) and a method of controlling the solenoid valve ( A timer of other controller ) .

To insure that you garden is receiving enough ( But not to much ) CO2 from your bottled system. I have included the following charts ( See below ) that can be easily followed to determine how long you need to emit gas during the CO2 levels up to 1000 ( First Chart ) p.p.m. or 1500 p.p.m. ( Second Chart ).

CO2_tabell.jpg

A. The cubic feet of the enclosure is determined by the formula ( L x W x H )

B. Rate of flow as started on the emitter regulator

C: The time required to charge the enclosure expressed in minutes

This is an interesting article and I would like to share it with you.

i can see the pipe going out, surely thats suckin the hot air out? does the fan work both ways on the same pipe? suck out and blow back in?

sorry, its just i need to do the same thing...

Yeah, blowing the warm heat out. I don't have anything fresh air coming in, but I check the grow room many times a day. When I open the grow room door the fresh air will fill up the room.

thanks mate, all i needed to know!! i have a similar size tent, with one 400w light, for four plants going into flower, and the light really does give out a lot of heat...

I am in tents as well and I found the fan speed controlers that they sell at most home improvement or electrical stores are only 20.00 and they really help with the pressure difference in the tents. before I got mine set up that way the tent looked like it was going to implode or explode.best part is you can use them on the lowest speed setting just fine in the cold hours with the lights off.

Back
Top Bottom