Bux's Feminized WW and Carnival LED Grow 2009

Sorry to hear about your back, I've had problems since 16 but muscular in nature, so I have some understanding of the pain involved.
Future expansion is a strong vote for that unit, and as a caregiver the gear is really quite necessary imo. Expense isn't a big issue for the kind of setup you are considering, more a requirement. Nice gear, I was thinking about a webcam feed or something of that nature just today,heheh. Would go great with that Amhydro gear.
I am on the techy side (retired telco networking) as well but for some reason I like soil, so far. That could change.
The Kush might be great.

Thanks, Chronic pain is no fun. I fell through a raised server room floor. Someone forgot to put one of the pegs in so when I stepped on that corner it gave way and I went straight through. I really wish I could compare it to the budbox but I dont want to order it from overseas. I really like the expandable shelves the budbox has. A webcam feed would be pretty neat. You would be able to do some cool stuff like time-lapse shots. I did some telco work for awhile too. Mainly installing routers and other hardware for voice/data lines. Until I got hurt I was doing network security. I will most likely go back to doing that and being a caregiver on the side. That intella unit has an intruder alarm that will email/txt or page you if someone tries to get in. Its a pretty cool little setup.

I think soil could still take advantage of a lot of tech. You just wouldnt need the aero/hydro stuff. I think the other two WW sprouts might be dead. One still has not peaked out at all and the other is not growing. Its only about 2 inches and has been there for a couple days. Plus one of the leafs are still curled up from when it was in the seed. I really am mad that these guys dried out when I was germinating them. I am germinating another 20 seeds. I will go directly to flowering for these I think.

Hope the grow gets you heaps of medication!

thanks, I hope so too.

Thanks for stopping by Weed.

Today I added a bunch more germinated seeds. 4 of them are Kush and the other 4 are bag seed. I was waiting for my Feminized Carnivals but they didn't come in the mail yet and I didn't want them to be too far behind my others.

I added a humidifier which has brought my RH from about 35% to 58-65%. Both of the sprouted plants roots are now in the reservoir. I am not seeing as much vertical growth on either of them but there roots are getting bigger and they are starting to add leaves. The littlest sprout which is short and has a thick stem still has that little curled up seed leaf. You can see it in the picture. I don't think its anything to be worried about. I am just surprised its still curled up like that.

I did add a little bit of nutes to bring my normal 110PPM water up to about 300PPM. The homemade CO2 should start helping these lil gals (I hope) grow. Depending on how many females I get I might end up giving a few to my brother or brother in law. Depending on how many I get and who has room for them.

There is not a lot to show yet. These two pics are of the only two that has sprouted.

Fem WW taken w/ flash on
10-17-09.jpg

Free seed from the seed shop.
10-17-09_2.jpg

Hello WarBux79, Just found this journal. I would really like to see what LED and hydro can do together, I see you had some prob. germ. seeds, maybe you should try the old school way in paper towels and then stick them in the cubes? Well good luck with the rest of those seeds. Take care.

Hello WarBux79, Just found this journal. I would really like to see what LED and hydro can do together, I see you had some prob. germ. seeds, maybe you should try the old school way in paper towels and then stick them in the cubes? Well good luck with the rest of those seeds. Take care.

Hi. Thanks for dropping by! I did have a problem germinating but it was because I left a little bit of the paper towel exposed to air and it dried out. Really stupid mistake. I germinated several more and am having sprouts pop up like mad now. My humidity was to low (30-40%) and my lil girls were not growing very fast. I bought one of those cheap vaporizers/humidifiers from the drug store that gives off the warm fog got the humidity up to 60-80% RH and its amazing how big of a difference it made. The two that survived My ID 10 T error are taking off now that they no longer have to pour water out trying to increase the humidity.

Hi. Thanks for dropping by! I did have a problem germinating but it was because I left a little bit of the paper towel exposed to air and it dried out. Really stupid mistake. I germinated several more and am having sprouts pop up like mad now. My humidity was to low (30-40%) and my lil girls were not growing very fast. I bought one of those cheap vaporizers/humidifiers from the drug store that gives off the warm fog got the humidity up to 60-80% RH and its amazing how big of a difference it made. The two that survived My ID 10 T error are taking off now that they no longer have to pour water out trying to increase the humidity.

thats good news, got the girls(hopefully) smiling again.
congrats on the seeds.
good stuff

Warbux, just checkin out your journal bro. ^420, lookin great. I didn't know that you had a grow started aready. We started our first batch of seeds in rockwool cubes, which seemed to work to a point. Subsequent seeds were germinated directly into soil as we are sticking with soil for a few more grows. I want to try out my hydro-ring design soon, but we are limited by space. So that will have to wait a bit. Glad to see you are here and have journal. Maybe we can connect in the future at a Medical Marijuana caregiver/patient meeting in the future and swap ideas. Keep it green neighbor!

Yeah, I used a cool breeze humidifier in the veg. chamber and it not only brought my rh up but it helped keep it cooler, great to hear you have it under control. + reps for the nice looking grow cab and the patience to be a tech.

Could you link the one you have? I searched for cool breeze/cool mist but I dont think thats the right one. I would love it if it didnt raise my temps. Right now the only issue I have is having to vent the air out. My homebrew is not producing enough CO2 to compensate. Also how do you go about cleaning it? They recommend using a 10% bleach solution. I am worried about using bleach anywhere near my ladies.

Warbux, just checkin out your journal bro. ^420, lookin great. I didn't know that you had a grow started aready. We started our first batch of seeds in rockwool cubes, which seemed to work to a point. Subsequent seeds were germinated directly into soil as we are sticking with soil for a few more grows. I want to try out my hydro-ring design soon, but we are limited by space. So that will have to wait a bit. Glad to see you are here and have journal. Maybe we can connect in the future at a Medical Marijuana caregiver/patient meeting in the future and swap ideas. Keep it green neighbor!

Heck Yea that would be great. Honestly I had thought of going soil for my first time too but I am really glad I went hydro. I know soil is easier but honestly this is really easy. Germinating was the worst part. I just check my TDS and PH twice a day and thats it. I think it will get a bit harder as time goes on but I like the fact that there is no chance of pest infections via the soil and it seems like the seedlings grow faster. My brother has some in soil right now that were germinated the same day as mine under about the same lights and mine have bigger leaves and are growing there 2nd set of real leaves. His still have the seed leaves and just starting the 2nd set. We are using the same seeds too. The drawback is changing the reservoir but I bought one of those fluid transfer kits that use a drill as a pump and it sucks out all the liquid in no time flat.

Warbux, we have a friend who is sponsoring a patient/caregiver meeting soon, if it becomes a regular monthly meeting, then I will get the info to ya. Yes, hydro is quicker than soil, but soil is more forgiving in my opinion. And with hydro, you have to grow like genetics as it is more difficult to adjust lights and nutrients for different genetics with different grow rates and veg/flower periods. Wih 3 chambers, we have some flexibility in mixing genetics and varying light schedules along with nutrient requirements, plus we can move our plants around for optimum light exposure.

That would be cool. I would like to meet some more people from MI who are in the know (so to speak) I didnt think about the genetics of the plant requiring different nute ratios. I thought I would be able to get away with vegging them until they get a certain size then move them to the flower room but that would go by size and not genetics. I will need to take that into consideration.

Do you use Bushmasters or any additives? What Nutes are you using? I still have to go back and read your journal... hehe its 40 or so pages. I think I will do it now while I have some free time.

Had to post todays pics!

So today is day 8.
The roots are doing good and both plants roots are in the DWC. I am actually amazed at how big the roots are of the taller plant. She alreay has roots that are at least 2 feet long. I decided to add a bit of nutes finally. Currently my doja chamber is at 80f 65% RH 400PPM PH at 5.7. I used a little bit of Spray n Grow at 1/4th strength.

I posted pics yesterday but the leaves really grew in 24 hours and I wanted to take some pics under normal light.

First off my lil girl. Shes a bit behind but still looking okay I think for day 8. She has a pretty thick stalk compared to Lexy.
Day_8_WW_lil_girl_2.jpg

Day_8_WW_lil_girl.jpg

Day_8_WW_lil_girl_3.jpg

Here is some pics of Lexy, she is also 8 days old. 9 if you count germination.
P10003281.JPG

As you can see her leaves are just massive compared to lil girl. I still love em both though!
Day_8_WW_Sexy_Lexi.jpg

I would like to think shes big for her age but because of the problem during germination I had I think I stunted both of there growths.
Day_8_WW_Lexi.jpg

Hi I grow with led and cfl.look at the pics in ironrider members grow,,They work very good for Veg. But not for flowering at least for me.I did 1 plant with LED only and it took 12 dayes longer to finish..I realy like the resin from day light bulbs 5400k or 5600k. I have 855 watt of cfl on 3 small Dutch Dragon with 3- 55 watt leds, the most resin I have every seen , its THC is stated around 16% to 20% .2 more weeks I post some pics..too busy now Have a great grow

Warbux, we are using Dyna Gro, Grow nutrients and Bloom nutrients, along with Magical(mineral supplements), Superthrive, Seaweed Extract, and Thrive Alive B-1. We run our tap water through a Pure countertop filter then treat with PH down to adjust the PH.

Hi Bux, how tall are your plants now?
Just popped over for a fresher look. I thought your girls were older than 9 days. You might want to give them another week before LST'ing.

Hi warBDUX 79 my pics are in members galleries ironrider.i have 22 55 watt led and 3 ufos .and a whole lot of cfls,my veg cabnet has 8 leds but the plants got so big i had to put cfls on the top once they were over 25 inches tall,,,the 55 watt led do burn the leaves when put too close,,I just trim them off when i move them..cfl realy pack on the resin..good luck with your grow.

Back
Top Bottom