Bux's Feminized WW and Carnival LED Grow 2009

WarBux79

Hi, all! I am testing LED's small scale before I buy lights for my new grow room. I think I will end up buying the LED's from Hydro-Gro-LED when I am ready to move my OP to the dedicated room.

The two types of seeds I am using are as followed

White Widow Feminized
60% Sativa 40% Indica
Flowering Time: 8-10 weeks
Germinated Oct 9th 2009
Planted OCT 10th 2009

Carnival Feminized
80% Sativa 20% Indica
Flowering Time: 9 weeks
Germinating will start Oct 12th

Grow setup
Indoor (Small Scale LED light test)
DWC Hydro, w/ dripper and Aeroponic Fogger
As soon as seeds sprout CO2 will be added as my home brew makes it :grinjoint:
2x 90w UFO's @ 440nm, 620nm, 660nm 470nm, 740nm 1X 45w 3000k White panel
Cab Temp Day/Night 83F/68F
RH 32% (seems like it should be higher)
PH 6.5
Nutes being used
Connoisseur A and B, Bushmasters, purple maxx, Spray n Grow

The_setup.jpg

2_WW_seeds_planted.jpg

Hey Thanks! I did some shopping around with the UFO's and in order to hit all the right wavelengths I ended up buying them from two different places. Neither of which had 3000k so I added that to fill in any missing wavelengths.

I have always been interested in those autoflower strains. Would you buy them again?

Hey WarBux, nice setup!!!

Nice clean looking grow, good job.

Are your UFO's Red Blue Orange Or Red Blue White?
Hydro's leds might be the next step but she's pretty hard on UFO's lol. At least she's started to specify the older 2 color models. I think the prices are 50% too high but any new tech is priced that way. Hope she gets a great product together, I'll buy down the road a bit.

Your plants look fine. I think they're doing well. I'm impressed with your grow, looks very professional as opposed to my closet,lol. As long as we are both smoking our harvest in a few months it's all good.
May I suggest mixing some pics in with leds off so we can see the leaf color, now and then?

subbed and +repped ,looks great

Thanks, I actually bought the cab from my Brother minus the lights. He is the one who inspired me. He uses HID's but my grow room is to hot for HID lights. They are the quad band r/b/o/w Had I known as much about the LED's as I do now I would have just gone with the hydro-grow-leds from the get go. If I have fun growing these I plan on demoting this to my mother/veg chamber. I am trying to quit smoking until I harvest because the stuff around here is garbage.

Thanks, I actually bought the cab from my Brother minus the lights. He is the one who inspired me. He uses HID's but my grow room is to hot for HID lights. They are the quad band r/b/o/w Had I known as much about the LED's as I do now I would have just gone with the hydro-grow-leds from the get go. If I have fun growing these I plan on demoting this to my mother/veg chamber. I am trying to quit smoking until I harvest because the stuff around here is garbage.

I don't care what sort of lights one chooses, the common ground here is the harvest. You might not gain much from Hydro's leds over the 4 color UFO's but she did say something a while back about a new developement in her product, maybe it's UV or more wavelengths covered, hush hush at the moment. I would wait to see what the new deal is unless you need to buy soon. What power output/area of coverage are you considering?

I hear ya, even this time of year the locals are selling tasteless, no smell hydro that might sell on a Friday night at a club, but it'll never grace my pipe. They just want to push as much wet, uncured weed out the door as possible. So it's all hard nugs, low potency trash that I can't taste or smell. I'd rather smoke pipe scrapings,lol, but I'd abstain instead.

That would be a wicked veg room but I suspect you could use one UFO for veg and load everything else into your flower room. hmmm maybe not if you plan on a dozen plants. It'll def be a wonderful veg area.

Are you planning to do any topping or supercropping?

I don't care what sort of lights one chooses, the common ground here is the harvest. You might not gain much from Hydro's leds over the 4 color UFO's but she did say something a while back about a new developement in her product, maybe it's UV or more wavelengths covered, hush hush at the moment. I would wait to see what the new deal is unless you need to buy soon. What power output/area of coverage are you considering?

I hear ya, even this time of year the locals are selling tasteless, no smell hydro that might sell on a Friday night at a club, but it'll never grace my pipe. They just want to push as much wet, uncured weed out the door as possible. So it's all hard nugs, low potency trash that I can't taste or smell. I'd rather smoke pipe scrapings,lol, but I'd abstain instead.

That would be a wicked veg room but I suspect you could use one UFO for veg and load everything else into your flower room. hmmm maybe not if you plan on a dozen plants. It'll def be a wonderful veg area.

I wont be upgrading until I move. I am looking at one of those aerojet aeroponic units and will just need the lights to cover that. I dont know if I want to get a big tent or dedicate a whole room to the op. I really have not started doing all the research yet. HEH thats half the fun! I have not been able to find any really good smoke for several weeks now and am starting to miss it. I dont think I will be able to make it to harvest. Ahh well. What can you do =)

I wont be upgrading until I move. I am looking at one of those aerojet aeroponic units and will just need the lights to cover that. I dont know if I want to get a big tent or dedicate a whole room to the op. I really have not started doing all the research yet. HEH thats half the fun! I have not been able to find any really good smoke for several weeks now and am starting to miss it. I dont think I will be able to make it to harvest. Ahh well. What can you do =)

Well the dry times make that first harvest so much sweeter. How many plants do you plan to flower?

With a tent you'll get some spilled light reflected back into your plants.

This time around only 4 plants. This is just the trial run. I hear the good grow tents are 100% light proof.

with 4 plants you do not NEED Hydro's lights in my opinion but more light is better.....is the Carnival a tall girl? low and wide plants will do better under wide dispersion leds like our UFO's. Hydro is addressing that with the 30 and 60 degree dispersion option.
Yeah, what I meant by that is the tent will reflect internally so any light that goes wide of your plants will be reflected back into the plants, so it might be more efficient than using the whole room. You could save on the tent, use the whole room and make a mylar fence to bounce spilled light back into the grow.
Are you gonna brew a bigger batch for Co2 in your flower area? If your mylar fence was snug at the base it could form a decent bucket to keep the Co2 around the plants.

sorry, I'm taking a up a lot of space in your journal, just curious about yer plans.

with 4 plants you do not NEED Hydro's lights in my opinion but more light is better.....is the Carnival a tall girl? low and wide plants will do better under wide dispersion leds like our UFO's. Hydro is addressing that with the 30 and 60 degree dispersion option.
Yeah, what I meant by that is the tent will reflect internally so any light that goes wide of your plants will be reflected back into the plants, so it might be more efficient than using the whole room. You could save on the tent, use the whole room and make a mylar fence to bounce spilled light back into the grow.
Are you gonna brew a bigger batch for Co2 in your flower area? If your mylar fence was snug at the base it could form a decent bucket to keep the Co2 around the plants.

sorry, I'm taking a up a lot of space in your journal, just curious about yer plans.

HEHE I dont mind at all. The Hydro lights wouldnt be for this grow. I may start one of my brothers seeds today I had one of the WW's not make it. The Carnival's have not sprouted yet but they should be about the same size as the WW. I was looking at tents and came across one called the Intense I120 Intense I120 at Sunburst Hydroponics I am trying to figure out why its so much more expensive then most grow tents. I was thinking the same thing about reflectivity. Actually when I move it to the big area I am going to use a proper CO2 delivery method instead of home brew.

HEHE I dont mind at all. The Hydro lights wouldnt be for this grow. I may start one of my brothers seeds today I had one of the WW's not make it. The Carnival's have not sprouted yet but they should be about the same size as the WW. I was looking at tents and came across one called the Intense I120 Intense I120 at Sunburst Hydroponics I am trying to figure out why its so much more expensive then most grow tents. I was thinking the same thing about reflectivity. Actually when I move it to the big area I am going to use a proper CO2 delivery method instead of home brew.

Hi WarBux, shame about the widow seed. What strain is your brothers seed? I was just guessing by the 80% sativa that Carnival might be a tall plant.
I haven't checked grow tents out, planning to stay small. Of course thats open to adjustment. That tent has a lot of features that may not appear in cheaper units, ability to connect tents together, heavy duty material,etc. Are you planning on going big enough to require ganging tents together? Don't forget the cost of fans/filters and Co2 system.
Maybe a little pricey but it would be a nice roomy system. I could see a couple of Hydro's leds pumping a stream of bud out of a setup like that. You might consider posing the tent question in the appropriate forum where it will be viewed by many more eyes, you'll probably get some pretty good feedback..

This time around only 4 plants. This is just the trial run. I hear the good grow tents are 100% light proof.

The one thing I cheaped out on was the tent, and I regret it. Mine works....BUT I've since seen the difference between the good ones and not. From what I've seen on some grow journals the Secret Jardin brand are among the best.

Hi WarBux, shame about the widow seed. What strain is your brothers seed? I was just guessing by the 80% sativa that Carnival might be a tall plant.
I haven't checked grow tents out, planning to stay small. Of course thats open to adjustment. That tent has a lot of features that may not appear in cheaper units, ability to connect tents together, heavy duty material,etc. Are you planning on going big enough to require ganging tents together? Don't forget the cost of fans/filters and Co2 system.
Maybe a little pricey but it would be a nice roomy system. I could see a couple of Hydro's leds pumping a stream of bud out of a setup like that. You might consider posing the tent question in the appropriate forum where it will be viewed by many more eyes, you'll probably get some pretty good feedback..

Yea I am a bit upset about the Widow seed too but at least I still have I that sprouted and 1 that is about to sprout (I think). I plan on using bushmaster before I flip to flowering. I will be a caregiver before I upgrade. I destroyed several discs and damaged my spine and several nerves back in 2007. So it will be a legal op. Because of that I might end up adding extra tents. Especially if I can make them separate chambers. I am allowed 12 plants per person.
The fans/filters/CO2 is not much of a concern when you compare them to the price of the aero setup, tent, and lights. Plus I wouldnt need that stuff right away anyway. I think this IntelliClimate Intelligent Climate & Grow Room Control | Grower Gear and IntelliDose Intelligent Nutrient Control | Grower Gear would be a cool gadget to have . I am a tech geek and an IT guy by profession and love this kinda stuff. I would like to be able to monitor/adjust my system while at work or out of town. My Brother gave me some Kush seeds that I am germinating right now.

The one thing I cheaped out on was the tent, and I regret it. Mine works....BUT I've since seen the difference between the good ones and not. From what I've seen on some grow journals the Secret Jardin brand are among the best.

Yea I am really impressed with the amount of weight it can hold at the center. I hear those budboxes are very nice too. The only problem with those is I havent been able to find any dealers in the states.

Yea I am a bit upset about the Widow seed too but at least I still have I that sprouted and 1 that is about to sprout (I think). I plan on using bushmaster before I flip to flowering. I will be a caregiver before I upgrade. I destroyed several discs and damaged my spine and several nerves back in 2007. So it will be a legal op. Because of that I might end up adding extra tents. Especially if I can make them separate chambers. I am allowed 12 plants per person.
The fans/filters/CO2 is not much of a concern when you compare them to the price of the aero setup, tent, and lights. Plus I wouldnt need that stuff right away anyway. I think this IntelliClimate Intelligent Climate & Grow Room Control | Grower Gear and IntelliDose Intelligent Nutrient Control | Grower Gear would be a cool gadget to have . I am a tech geek and an IT guy by profession and love this kinda stuff. I would like to be able to monitor/adjust my system while at work or out of town. My Brother gave me some Kush seeds that I am germinating right now.

Yea I am really impressed with the amount of weight it can hold at the center. I hear those budboxes are very nice too. The only problem with those is I havent been able to find any dealers in the states.

Sorry to hear about your back, I've had problems since 16 but muscular in nature, so I have some understanding of the pain involved.
Future expansion is a strong vote for that unit, and as a caregiver the gear is really quite necessary imo. Expense isn't a big issue for the kind of setup you are considering, more a requirement. Nice gear, I was thinking about a webcam feed or something of that nature just today,heheh. Would go great with that Amhydro gear.
I am on the techy side (retired telco networking) as well but for some reason I like soil, so far. That could change.
The Kush might be great.

Back
Top Bottom